Silk Road creator gets life without parole.

That's a bit (ok a lot) excessive.

Govt doesn't like it when you by pass asking for their permission to buy things.

What a joke.

Poor guy

Just try and hide online, we'll make you wish you didn't. Let the internet go the way of cb radio. Time to stock up on non internet connected printing equipment. Zines are coming back, zines with illegal drug ads.:rolleyes::D

Just another case of no quarter no mercy in the Holy War On Drugs. That said, if he did indeed attempt to commission 5 murders then I don't have a lot of sympathy for him.

Just another case of no quarter no mercy in the Holy War On Drugs. That said, if he did indeed attempt to commission 5 murders then I don't have a lot of sympathy for him.

That's not what he was on trial for.

Just reinforces my belief that POA is not the place to find the best and brightest minds in aviation.

Just reinforces my belief that POA is not the place to find the best and brightest minds in aviation.

Laws are so unimportant. We should just scrap the current system and let "group think" on twitter decide.

That's not what he was on trial for.
I didn't say he was. However, according to the article, the judge's opinion that he did it was a major factor in sentencing.

And no, I didn't say I agree with that. In fact, I wonder if that fact (if it's true) could be used on appeal. Seems a blatant case of being forced to serve time for a crime for which he was never convicted.

Every drug dealer should get life without parole. One down. Many more to go.

Nice example.

Just try and hide online, we'll make you wish you didn't. Let the internet go the way of cb radio. Time to stock up on non internet connected printing equipment. Zines are coming back, zines with illegal drug ads.:rolleyes::D

Now where did I put that mimeograph machine...

Kind f reminds me of the joy the judge had in Nevada sentencing OJ because everyone thought he got away with murder on a different day.

Nice example.

I agree, let's start with the ones that are peddling the really bad stuff, how about all the dealers that get your kids hooked.

We'll start out with big pharmaceutical, work our way up to Medicare, and be sure to also through the book at all the dealers who got your kids on ritilian, oops that would be most weak minded parents :rolleyes:

Sorry dude, that's not how this country was founded, live and let live.

As long as you're not hurting me you can do whatever you want to your body, not my concern and sure as heck not the governments business.

What a waste of time and money....they put this guy away and another 2 or 3 step up to take his place, nothing really achieved.

Nice example.

By that reasoning all employees of the US Treasury should be considered drug dealers, since currency facilitates drug traded. And most aircraft and many boat manufactures, since they facilitate drug trafficking.

Have you ever given money to a homeless person that spent the money on drugs? Or spent some money in Tijuana or bought a Mexican product that ultimately financed a cartel?

If so, you should probably go to jail too.

I do not use illegal drugs. I do not know anyone that does. I am not worried about it. You can not ever stop it. The drug war is just a scam to get taxpayers money.
Let the stupid die. Give Darwin a chance.

Don't do the crime if you can't do the time!!

Carry on

Yeah, but it's not a real crime, it's a obvious money grab.

War on drugs, if you believe that I got a bridge to sell you.

Also every "illegal" drug out there has a man made equivalent that is perfectly legal, just swipe you credit card or insurance info here :rolleyes2:

Last edited:
I do not use illegal drugs. I do not know anyone that does. I am not worried about it. You can not ever stop it. The drug war is just a scam to get taxpayers money.
Let the stupid die. Give Darwin a chance.

I think it's more about power than money, although some would argue that the two are really the same.

Rich

People get less jail time than this for murder. Ridiculous.

So, now you determine what's a crime and what's not? Duly noted.

It's just common sense, look where the people of the nation are going on pot, deep inside people know what right and wrong, deep inside people know stripping people freedoms for profit over victimless crimes is wrong.

Last edited:
It's just common sense, loom where the people of the nation are going on pot, deep inside people know what right and wrong, deep inside people know stripping people freedoms for profit over victimless crimes is wrong.

But laws aren't written on "common sense". He did commit a crime, regardless of whether you and I think it's stupid. Now he's got to do what the system says he's got to do. Period.

Feel however you want. then obey the law, or, decide you'll risk it. sometimes you lose. As this idiot did.

It only works that way if the people want it to work that way, despite what the media tells you the people run the show not the government.

The government is not America, the constitution and the people are.

Be the change you want to see, there have been trials where the someone was "guilty" for some government money grab drug charge, jurors have been known to still justly let the man go free, it just takes a jury of people, not robotic sheep.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jury_nullification

It only works that way if the people want it to work that way, despite what the media tells you the people run the show not the government.

The government is not America, the constitution and the people are.

Be the change you want to see, there have been trials where the someone was "guilty" for some government money grab drug charge, jurors have been known to still justly let the man go free, it just takes a jury of people, not robotic sheep.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jury_nullification

That's exactly what happened here. A jury found him guilty on Feb 4th. The judge sentenced him. Harshly, but within the guidelines.

That's how the system works. It's how it was designed.

If you don't like the rules, fight to change them. I see no need in this case, and neither do the families of the people who died using his drug marketplace.

You feel the same for then CEOs and fast food workers at Miky D's?

Fat kills WAAAAAY more people then any drug in the US.

You need to lay off Fox News :yes:

That's exactly what happened here. A jury found him guilty on Feb 4th. The judge sentenced him. Harshly, but within the guidelines.

That's how the system works. It's how it was designed.

If you don't like the rules, fight to change them. I see no need in this case, and neither do the families of the people who died using his drug marketplace.

I rolled my eyes when I read that the families wanted harsh sentencing. They'll blame everyone and everything except little Johnny on little Johnny decision to purchase and OD on drugs.

My son died when his hot, new girlfriend proposed that he use this new drug to have super good sex
It was obtained through silk road
The intent was to knock him out so her boyfriend could (and did) take the several thousands of dollars he had on him to purchase a motorcycle (a set up)
Long story short, he was not a drug user and they walked out and left him convulsing
She only served 2 years in prison for manslaughter because they could not prove intent to kill
Wanna guess what I think of this silk road guy

Sorry that is terrible. Also a sentencing issue, women often don't do the time normally prescribed for their crime.

I rolled my eyes when I read that the families wanted harsh sentencing. They'll blame everyone and everything except little Johnny on little Johnny decision to purchase and OD on drugs.

True, but which one of us hasn't done something stupid at some point that came down to some level of peer influence and availability (especially as a teenager)? Couple that with highly addictive, mind and body altering substances and you end up with not just individuals who OD and spread STDs/other diseases while costing us more money with higher crime rates and hospitalization that they can't pay for, but (the real crime in my mind) drug babies who come into the world addicted to drugs and with any variety of other problems. It's not so victimless then.

My son died when his hot, new girlfriend proposed that he use this new drug to have super good sex
It was obtained through silk road
The intent was to knock him out so her boyfriend could (and did) take the several thousands of dollars he had on him to purchase a motorcycle (a set up)
Long story short, he was not a drug user and they walked out and left him convulsing
She only served 2 years in prison for manslaughter because they could not prove intent to kill
Wanna guess what I think of this silk road guy

So would you be ****ed off at gun manufacturers if she shot him instead? Maybe be ****ed at your son for letting his little head do the thinking instead of his big head.

Well the noose and incarceration dont work, only thing that reliably curtails human behavior is social shaming. But we evolved past that as social shaming can hurt peoples feelings. Feelings are number one these days...

You feel the same for then CEOs and fast food workers at Miky D's?

Fat kills WAAAAAY more people then any drug in the US.

You need to lay off Fox News :yes:

You gotta stop assuming. It makes you look really stupid. I don't watch fox news. I don't watch any tv, except an occasional football game.

Also, selling fat is not illegal and not a crime. Maybe you should make it one?

The silk road guy broke the law. Your example didn't. I don't understand why this is so complicated for you? These d@mn facts get in the way of how you "feel". Maybe you should stop watching the news? :dunno:

You gotta stop assuming. It makes you look really stupid. I don't watch fox news. I don't watch any tv, except an occasional football game.

Also, selling fat is not illegal and not a crime. Maybe you should make it one?

The silk road guy broke the law. Your example didn't. I don't understand why this is so complicated for you? These d@mn facts get in the way of how you "feel". Maybe you should stop watching the news? :dunno:

He didn't sell any drugs. Perhaps we should arrest McDonalds owners when a drug deal goes down in their parking lot.

If silk road didn't exist, would people still be buying drugs? :rolleyes2:

Takes two to tango. Don't like what he created either.

So would you be ****ed off at gun manufacturers if she shot him instead?

I'd be ****ed off if some azz-clown created a market place for illegal weapon sales and that was how the weapon was acquired.

I'd be ****ed off if some azz-clown created a market place for illegal weapon sales and that was how the weapon was acquired.

No such thing as an illegal weapon. Says so right in the constipation.

Back