Kitty picked a good time to bolt

DavidWhite

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
DW
So I rode my Tdub over to NAPA to get a tire pressure gauge, and when I came back there were strange people at my house, my girlfriend had the door wide open. One of them intercepted me and started talking to me about Jesus Christ our lord and savior. Right when I started getting the schpeel, I watched our cat bolt out the door. I ran after the cat, the Jehovah's Witnesses scattered (to their vehicles), and roughly 30 seconds later the cat ran back inside of the open door. It was quite the spectacle to behold, and I'm glad it worked out. However I wouldn't want to be a part of a religious organization that is afraid of kitty cats.

I tell them "my people worship the great God Yahway in the old tongue". That usually shuts them up sufficiently for me to enact my escape.

I asked all the bible thumpers that turn up at my door, what do the 3 main religions have in common, no answer in 10 seconds, door is closed.

Sometimes I have to wonder that if their religion was that good, it would sell itself as opposed going door to door like an Amway sales person.

Watched my best friend tell them, I'll read your book if you will read mine.

He held out a Book of Mormon and then they walked away.

When their opening line is "do you believe in evolution " then I know where this conversion is going

I just offer them a beer. If they don't accept, I close the door.

I guess this is something I admire about Jewish folks, they do not seem to prostheletize nor seek converts. In fact, they seem sometimes to go out of their way to discourage converts. And they seem to blur the distinction between ethnicity and religion.

I haven't had the Jehovah folks come back to my house since I answered the door giving them the sight of all the glory I had to show.

They stopped visiting our property after my grandfather met them at the door one rainy afternoon.

Dude came up and said "Let me show you the one true book", My grandfather leaned over, picked up his gun, and said " Let me show you my Smith & Wesson" with other missing a beat. The guy back away and asked if he could at least come in because of the rain. My grandfather said " You must be some kinda of stupid asking a guy, with a gun, if you can come inside". :rofl:

My grandfather could talk a bartender into giving him money and a drink. :yes:

"I'm sorry. I'm not interested" works for me. I heard my mother say that many, many times while I was growing up.

The problem was my girlfriend had already engaged them in conversation

My wife let the JW's in one time and engaged them in a polite conversation with some questions, of course they promised to return with some elders to "help" her understand but obviously they realized it was a no win situation for them.
They did seem to take exception to some cat ornaments she had on display.... good job for them that the 5 real cats were all sunbathing upstairs !!!

What do they have against cat ornaments?

I asked all the bible thumpers that turn up at my door, what do the 3 main religions have in common, no answer in 10 seconds, door is closed.

Sometimes I have to wonder that if their religion was that good, it would sell itself as opposed going door to door like an Amway sales person.

I would love to see one of those god peddlers knock on the door of one of those amway or other MLM scheme guys, might cause a explosion from scum bag overload :goofy:

I haven't had the Jehovah folks come back to my house since I answered the door giving them the sight of all the glory I had to show.

:rofl::rofl:...

I did the exact same thing 25 years ago......

When we moved the Jackson the JW's would be knocking on the door virtually EVERY Saturday morning around 9 am... First few times I was polite and said no thanks, I am going to hell and no religion can save me... The next Saturday they showed up again and I had just watched a TV special on their cult and that the "Watchtower" org was the largest land owner in NYC and used the religion tax exemption to the max. Which means all other taxpayers paid more to subsidize their BS...

The idiots actually came back the following week, so looked out the window to make sure they were all of legal age and I opened the door stark naked, told them to GTF off my property.. NOW.

It must have worked, as I got put on their "do not call" list.... 24 3/4 years later, not one of those brain dead scumbags have showed up at my door since..:yes::wink2::wink2::wink2::wink2::wink2::wink2:;)

When I was in college, they came to my door once and started in.
I just let them save me because I was going to do some serious s**t that night that would have otherwise kept me out of heaven.

I feel I dodged a bullet because that night was Epic!

When I was in college, they came to my door once and started in.
I just let them save me because I was going to do some serious s**t that night that would have otherwise kept me out of heaven.

I feel I dodged a bullet because that night was Epic!

It is more fun going to hell......:yes::yes::D

Did anyone's apparel remind them of the blood of Christ? :mad:

Good response...

Really? That's weird, the brown of your eyes (hair, belt, shoes...) reminds me of my dog's poop.

Next time that either the JWs or Mormons come to the door, I going to get whatever literature they have and save it. When their competition shows up, I'm going to give them what the other group left.

My father in law used to invite them in and ask them all sorts of questions. He'd get them all confused, and they'd come back next week after getting "answers" from others in their church. Good fun for him.

My father in law used to invite them in and ask them all sorts of questions. He'd get them all confused, and they'd come back next week after getting "answers" from others in their church. Good fun for him.

Did they ever come back ?

I guess this is something I admire about Jewish folks, they do not seem to prostheletize nor seek converts. In fact, they seem sometimes to go out of their way to discourage converts. And they seem to blur the distinction between ethnicity and religion.

Dah, Judaism is somewhat genetic in origin. Oh, and its matrilineal. Members of the Tribe are almost the polar opposite of evangelical. We don't want your kind, Gentiles that is.

Dah, Judaism is somewhat genetic in origin. Oh, and its matrilineal. Members of the Tribe are almost the polar opposite of evangelical. We don't want your kind, Gentiles that is.

And as the rabbi once told me, we're inherently suspicious of anyone who would volunteer for the duty.

Just a reminder to those who like to beat up on people who are "witnessing" to you:

Please be easy on them. I know they are annoying, but they are honestly just trying to do what they think is right, and - in their opinion - do something that will benefit you for a long, long time.

(And, no, I am not one of them.)

And as the rabbi once told me, we're inherently suspicious of anyone who would volunteer for the duty.

Not necessarily, I actually know a couple converts. It is just a very, very difficult thing to do, and we don't seek them out. That's why there are fewer adherents of Judaism in the world than adherents of religions you've never heard of.

Just a reminder to those who like to beat up on people who are "witnessing" to you:

Please be easy on them. I know they are annoying, but they are honestly just trying to do what they think is right, and - in their opinion - do something that will benefit you for a long, long time.

(And, no, I am not one of them.)

Hmmm...

Before I had some indepth conversations with a few JW's here I assumed they meant well... Some of the sub contractors I used to use are JW's.

So, one day we are sitting down for lunch and we get start chatting and commend them on their ability to completely build a Kingdom Hall in 4 days... I watched the one in Jackson go up 10 years or so ago... Started on a Thursday morning with a bare slab.... They bring in all the trades, literally hundreds from miles around. Walls go up electricians do their thing, so do the plumbers, and sheetrockers, roofers , painters..

The woman are landscaping while the guys build the structure...Absolute poetry in motion.. In fact it happens so fast they actually hire a building inspector and he stays on the site all day... Signing off each phase... By Sunday at 5 PM the project is complete, they get issued their certificate of occupancy and they hold service at 6PM..:rolleyes:. Only weird part is the building has NO windows,, I ask why and they tell me they don't want their flock looking out the windows during prayers. I am not sure they really don't want people looking in.:dunno::dunno:.

So, the conversation turns to their religion. Remember, this group uses one of America's finest laws Freedom of Religion, so they can build these Kingdom Halls. drive on public streets and into private driveways to preach their religion to anyone who will open the front door..

It is AGAINST their religion to celebrate birthdays, or any holidays, including Memorial Day ( today).... Nor will they salute the flag of the U.S.A, nor will they sing the National Anthem, or remove their hats when it is sung.. IN fact they are specifically EXEMPT from serving in our military. They will NOT fight for this country altho they love freedom of religion regardless how many Americans have died over the years to protect that freedom.....:mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2::mad:.. I have ZERO respect for that religion once I found out how they operate..

Off my soap box now....

Happy Memorial Day fellow Americans.... And thanks to all the servicemen /women who keep us safe...:yes::)

Windows are difficult to secure when the pitchfork persecution begins.

"Watch Tower Society publications strongly discourage Witnesses from formulating doctrines and "private ideas" reached through independent Bible research.Members who promote privately developed teachings contrary to those of the Governing Body may be expelled and shunned."

Sounds very familiar

Funny to post a link to a website that is used by many disgruntled ex-JWs. That's absolutely absurd that Jehovah's Witnesses don't have cats or aren't allowed to have them.

There are many Kingdoms Halls that have windows, especially in other parts of the world. The doors are never locked during services and the schedule is posted outside every hall. All meeting are open to the public, so there's nothing they're trying to hide. Here's what happens inside: http://www.jw.org/en/jehovahs-witnesses/meetings/video-kingdom-hall/

Funny to post a link to a website that is used by many disgruntled ex-JWs. That's absolutely absurd that Jehovah's Witnesses don't have cats or aren't allowed to have them.

There are many Kingdoms Halls that have windows, especially in other parts of the world. The doors are never locked during services and the schedule is posted outside every hall. All meeting are open to the public, so there's nothing they're trying to hide. Here's what happens inside: http://www.jw.org/en/jehovahs-witnesses/meetings/video-kingdom-hall/

I merely was responding to a question about their reaction to cat ornaments - never said their were secretive. So now I am curious as to why the are "many disgruntled ex-JWs".

Hmmm...

Before I had some indepth conversations with a few JW's here I assumed they meant well... Some of the sub contractors I used to use are JW's.

So, one day we are sitting down for lunch and we get start chatting and commend them on their ability to completely build a Kingdom Hall in 4 days... I watched the one in Jackson go up 10 years or so ago... Started on a Thursday morning with a bare slab.... They bring in all the trades, literally hundreds from miles around. Walls go up electricians do their thing, so do the plumbers, and sheetrockers, roofers , painters..

The woman are landscaping while the guys build the structure...Absolute poetry in motion.. In fact it happens so fast they actually hire a building inspector and he stays on the site all day... Signing off each phase... By Sunday at 5 PM the project is complete, they get issued their certificate of occupancy and they hold service at 6PM..:rolleyes:. Only weird part is the building has NO windows,, I ask why and they tell me they don't want their flock looking out the windows during prayers. I am not sure they really don't want people looking in.:dunno::dunno:.

So, the conversation turns to their religion. Remember, this group uses one of America's finest laws Freedom of Religion, so they can build these Kingdom Halls. drive on public streets and into private driveways to preach their religion to anyone who will open the front door..

It is AGAINST their religion to celebrate birthdays, or any holidays, including Memorial Day ( today).... Nor will they salute the flag of the U.S.A, nor will they sing the National Anthem, or remove their hats when it is sung.. IN fact they are specifically EXEMPT from serving in our military. They will NOT fight for this country altho they love freedom of religion regardless how many Americans have died over the years to protect that freedom.....:mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2::mad:.. I have ZERO respect for that religion once I found out how they operate..

Off my soap box now....

Happy Memorial Day fellow Americans.... And thanks to all the servicemen /women who keep us safe...:yes::)

This sounds like it was written about the Amish, or Mennonite than the JW's
Our Neighbors are JW, and are very nice people, they respect our religion and do not preach to us.

Yeah, the cat thing is comedy, an ex had JW family in Holland we stayed with and they had all sorts of animals including cats. Probably more afraid of rabies...

This sounds like it was written about the Amish, or Mennonite than the JW's
Our Neighbors are JW, and are very nice people, they respect our religion and do not preach to us.

I've never been preached to by a JW, had some interesting discussions on theology and philosophy though, and the last guy at the door asked, "What's your idea of a successful day?" I answered "One where everyone has the food and water they need." He said, "There's nothing I can add to that, I wish you a successful day." and left.

They aren't bad people, and if you have something you need a hand with, ask them, and they'll help. They are often the only people some shut ins see on a regular basis and help out a lot of people, so I don't dis on them too much. As for religions that actually walk the walk of Christ's ways instead of paying lip service to God while ****ing everyone they can for every dollar they can, the JWs rank pretty close to the top of my observational chart.

Back