[NA]Smallest town you've ever listed on your driver's license?[NA]

Rigged4Flight

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
Rigged4Flight
Morton, Wyoming - Population: 5 (circa 1977)

https://www.google.com/maps/@43.219...m2!1sTzZ_oIWUMvb82KKHnkYgJg!2e0!6m1!1e1?hl=en

Went to high school on the Wind River Indian reservation (mostly Shoshone and Arapaho). I moved around a lot when I was a kid, going to schools all over the world. From mega-schools in California to a small two-room schoolhouse in Montana, and as far away as Newfoundland, Puerto Rico and Italy. This was by far the very best school I'd ever attended. Tough curriculum definitely focused on pushing you to your limits, but it was small enough that you could do just about anything you wanted. You might not be on the varsity team, but as long as you had a will to work hard you stood a good chance of doing whatever sport you wanted.

If I didn't have wrestling or football practice I'd come home from school, pick up my pack and .22 rifle, and go exploring for miles around. Once found an old cavalry sword that my history teacher helped me figure out some background on. Also found the remains of an old weather balloon. LOTS of solitary time spent enjoying the outdoors. If there would have been a good way for me to make a living doing something I liked, I'd still be there to this day. No matter where I travel in life, my home town will always be Morton, Wyoming.

on another note: Google streetview is awesome. :yesnod:

Fullerton, CA.

I know, not all that small.

https://www.google.com/maps/@43.219...m2!1sTzZ_oIWUMvb82KKHnkYgJg!2e0!6m1!1e1?hl=en

Went to high school on the Wind River Indian reservation (mostly Shoshone and Arapaho). I moved around a lot when I was a kid, going to schools all over the world. From mega-schools in California to a small two-room schoolhouse in Montana, and as far away as Newfoundland, Puerto Rico and Italy. This was by far the very best school I'd ever attended. Tough curriculum definitely focused on pushing you to your limits, but it was small enough that you could do just about anything you wanted. You might not be on the varsity team, but as long as you had a will to work hard you stood a good chance of doing whatever sport you wanted.

If I didn't have wrestling or football practice I'd come home from school, pick up my pack and .22 rifle, and go exploring for miles around. Once found an old cavalry sword that my history teacher helped me figure out some background on. Also found the remains of an old weather balloon. LOTS of solitary time spent enjoying the outdoors. If there would have been a good way for me to make a living doing something I liked, I'd still be there to this day. No matter where I travel in life, my home town will always be Morton, Wyoming.

I'm guessing Air Force brat? Ramey in Puerto Rico?

Macksville, KS. Population 485. Graduated High School with 20 classmates, about 15 of us had been in the same class since Pre-School.

Merna Wy... Maybe 12 people and 10 mailboxes...... Hometown to Haas International Airport...:D..

http://www.airnav.com/airport/2WY3

Paint rock, TX. Population 229 with me, my father, and my mother, when we moved there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Custer, SD. Population 2,067 per 2010 census. Estimated ~1,600 when I graduated in a class of 32 seniors.

I'm guessing Air Force brat? Ramey in Puerto Rico?
Navy brat. Roosevelt Roads. :)

We were mostly outside the US until dad retired, and then we were all over the US, moving every 1-3 years until I stayed in Wyoming when dad decided to move again. My step-sister and I rented a place and put ourselves through high school.

Merna Wy... Maybe 12 people and 10 mailboxes...... Hometown to Haas International Airport...:D..

http://www.airnav.com/airport/2WY3
Ha! It's amazing how different life is when you grow up knowing literally everyone around you!

Last edited:
Custer, SD. Population 2,067 per 2010 census. Estimated ~1,600 when I graduated in a class of 32 seniors.
My graduating class in 1977 had 27 seniors. Good times. :yesnod:

Were there others in his graduating class?

Nope. His parents had a house in our town and on Kelly's Island in lake Erie. First half of his senior year, he failed a class that was a mandatory class our school required to graduate. The other school didn't have that class requirement, so he switched schools for the second half of the year so he could graduate. I think at the time there were only 20-30 in the whole school system, and he was the only senior. Nothing like being the valedictorian with D+ average.

Back