Which cell phone carrier?

I'm thinking about getting a new Ipad and Iphone.
There are a couple of good carriers in my local area so that is not a problem, but a few times when we have been at remote airports, reception was ok on the AT&T phone, but not on the Verizon Ipad; and at other times it was reversed. I might just go with AT&T again, but I really don't like AT&T.
Who do you guys like for nationwide reception and decent pricing plans?

I see that many replies vote for Verizon. As a long time customer of theirs I'd say that the cell phone service is fine - but the data service has gone from great (in the early days of 4G) to generally lousy. Sometimes I have long waits , get stepped down to 3G then 1X (modem speed) - or get no service at all. Be that as it may, I wouldn't touch AT&T with a 10-foot pole. My solution is to use Page Plus Wireless. They use Verizon's network, so no changing phones is required. Prices are significantly better.

Dave

We have been to every state west of the Mississippi and most of the southern states in the last 8 months and Verizon works everywhere -- except in a 300 x 300 ft square with our own home in the middle of it near High Ridge Missouri -- but Verizon sent some sort of hook up that let's the cell phone work through the Internet.

We have been to every state west of the Mississippi and most of the southern states in the last 8 months and Verizon works everywhere -- except in a 300 x 300 ft square with our own home in the middle of it near High Ridge Missouri -- but Verizon sent some sort of hook up that let's the cell phone work through the Internet.

Verizon doesn't work in the Missouri Breaks of Montana (when you have a flat tire and a rattlesnake is trying to help you change it :nonod:)

Back