Aircraft rental around Raleigh, NC?

MarcoDA40

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Marco
Hi all,

Been searching around for decently priced airplanes.
I currently fly the DA40 and the DA20 but I need something a bit cheaper.
Ive looked around but I'm sure I've missed some out there..

Please chime in on any leads!!

Hey Marco, which end of Raleigh?

Have you looked into Wings over Carolina...they seem like a great place?
Willing to drive to Fayetteville...call All American Aviation...they have quite a fleet...

Kelvin asks a good question. There are rental operations at RDU, TTA, BUR, JNX, LHZ, as well as an old, large and very well-organized flying club at TTA (Wings of Carolina. Disclaimer - I'm a member). Depends where you are and how far you want to travel to the airplane.

Kelvin asks a good question. There are rental operations at RDU, TTA, BUR, JNX, LHZ, as well as an old, large and very well-organized flying club at TTA (Wings of Carolina. Disclaimer - I'm a member). Depends where you are and how far you want to travel to the airplane.

If by "BUR" you meant Burlington-Alamance Co. Regional, the correct identifier is BUY, conveniently located halfway between RDU and GSO (aka PTI)

Even so, I am a former member of (and mx volunteer for) the WoCFC at TTA - and although I am now DoM of a Part 141 flight school/Cessna Pilot Center at BUY - I can tell you that the rental rates of the aircraft at WoC are about the best that I ever seen relative to the current market.

The fact that I wistfully remember renting Cessna 152 aircraft for $17/hr and 172N aircraft for $27/hr (both "wet") tells you something about how old I am but is otherwise irrelevant these days!

Back