MSPAviator
Kim Jong Un is taking flying lessons!

6df503b8218e.jpg

def0970b875c.jpg

94a3853487d3.jpg

6b69cb677af7.jpg

307cdc5b20b1.jpg

6c940856b9c2.jpg

Is he going for the taildragger rating in the AN ,so he can be a eal pilot?

I'd hate to be his CFI or DPE.

Is that wingless 172 in the last photo the result of Dear Leader's glorious first solo flight?

:eek:

I can dig the three-blade prop on that 172, but what's up with those windshield wipers?! All he needs is fuzzy dice to hang from the rearview mirror.

Last edited:
Hopefully the bloated tyrant gets himself killed.

I thought he was the best in the world at flying planes, just like he is the best in the world at golf and everything else he does. Surprised he needed a lesson!!!

I wonder who told him that haircut looked good on him?? :dunno::dunno:Oh I know, EVERYONE did!!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
What are the odds of him failing a check ride?? ZERO!!! :rofl::rofl:
I'll be here all weekend, make sure to tip your waitress!

I have GOT to get one of those big poofy hats that the generals wear before my next lesson with a student.

Do you think they will be impressed? :yes:

I like the desk on the ramp with the velour chair!:D

You have it all wrong. He is the instructor and is showing them how to do it.

That Cessna's nosewheel tire could use replacing..one hell of a flat spot...or was poorly photoshopped.

Somewhere not long ago I saw actual cockpit video of him in the left seat of a transport class aircraft. I'll have to google around and see if I can find it.

If I was the CFI, I'd say he was the best student I ever had and sign him off for solo after 1 lesson.

Edit: found the video. Enjoy. http://youtu.be/JHi6vuikhZ0

Music and narration sets a new standard for all you GoPro and Virb guys who like to post.

Last edited:
Somewhere not long ago I saw actual cockpit video of him in the left seat of a transport class aircraft. I'll have to google around and see if I can find it.

If I was the CFI, I'd say he was the best student I ever had and sign him off for solo after 1 lesson.

Edit: found the video. Enjoy. http://youtu.be/JHi6vuikhZ0

Music and narration sets a new standard for all you GoPro and Virb guys who like to post.

No one who speaks English should be allowed to read those subtitles. It will literally make you dumber trying to figure it out.

What's with the three bladed props?
It's some sort of non-standard engine. Two exhaust stacks on the right side; modified cowl with larger carb air intake, higher than usual.

The inboard wing leading edges are modified too, with more droop than normal.

Dig the "five-pack" flight instrument layout.

And what's with the windshield wipers?!

He's already familiar with the C172. This photo from earlier this winter, taken on the ramp at the airstrip on his estate, shows a 172. The story below the photo speculates that he commutes from Pyongyang in the 172.

timthumb.php

Story January 2015

That Cessna's nosewheel tire could use replacing..one hell of a flat spot...or was poorly photoshopped.

Good catch!

If you zoom in on that image, it looks like somebody pasted a polygon-shaped tire into the picture.

Last edited:
It's some sort of non-standard engine. Two exhaust stacks on the right side; modified cowl with larger carb air intake, higher than usual.

The inboard wing leading edges are modified too, with more droop than normal.

Dig the "five-pack" flight instrument layout.

And what's with the windshield wipers?!

It seems that they heavily modify these 172s. Maybe that's part of the story, with Kim posing in front of the airframe that's stripped.

The leading edge on the wing root looks unfamiliar to me. Is it a STOL modification?

Don't you love how he always has people taking notes? It's like they don't want to forget a single thing he utters. And in the one pic he has a guy carrying flowers? Also, as someone else mentioned, the desk with the ashtray on the ramp. It looks like those planes were newly painted - just for his visit. I wonder if they paint them each time he flies?

So much to see (and ridicule) in every picture.

Got to give this too him: He sure is a fun leader to make fun of.

It seems that they heavily modify these 172s. Maybe that's part of the story, with Kim posing in front of the airframe that's stripped.

The leading edge on the wing root looks unfamiliar to me. Is it a STOL modification?

That's a really aggressive leading edge droop mod. There are some other things about that airplane that make me wonder if it isn't a reverse-engineered 172 knockoff. Look at the sun visors and overhead trim. Landing lights in both leading edges. The top cowl is separate from the fiberglass nosebowl like the R and S models. The firewall in the fuselage in the shop doesn't look right for a 172.

And has already been mentioned, the prop, exhaust and windshield wipers.

I would imagine that North Korea can't get Cessna airplanes or parts from the US.

Dan

There are some other things about that airplane that make me wonder if it isn't a reverse-engineered 172 knockoff. Look at the sun visors and overhead trim. Landing lights in both leading edges. The top cowl is separate from the fiberglass nosebowl like the R and S models. The firewall in the fuselage in the shop doesn't look right for a 172.
I'm 95%+ convinced from those photos that those are all old Cessna-built airframes (probably 172Rs from the late '90s), though modified. The unpainted doorjambs of the fuselage in the shop, for example, look well-used. And why would the fuselage be painted before assembly? All of the hardware -- assist handles, door hinges, landing gear components, etc., look suspiciously like original Cessna parts, clumsily covered with multiple coats of rattle-can paint.

When the Russians reverse engineered the B-29 into the Tu-4, for example, small details like that were recognizably of Russian style and construction. It doesn't make sense that the Norks would copy Cessna parts in such non-essential detail in order to launch their glorious light aircraft manufacturing program.

The leading edges inboard of the landing lights look like they might be retractable slats. That's a feature of the Antonov An-2, the other cutting-edge type in Kim's fleet.

Last edited:
Maybe the leading edge slats and the five pack mods are on these particular aircraft because they are part of their NK Glorious Airline pilot training fleet?

Back