Pigs Ass

USAF JD

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Jeff
Lets talk about Easter Ham....We host 20 something people every year for Easter and have made ham a variety of ways. Traditional oven, grilled, smoked, etc. It's always good but this year I am having a difficult time getting excited about making a ham. So I ask the wise POA, what is your favorite ham recipe or Easter meal?

I'm thinking a deep fried ham sounds like the best answer, but I've been obsessed with my deep fryer recently.

No matter how you serve it ,it's still a pigs ass.

I've mostly lost my taste for ham. Too salty and fatty. I'll eat it but I'd rather have pork butt in the form of pulled pork.

Hawaiian luau style.

luauweb.jpg

Ham always reminds me of something but I cant quite put my finger in it.
Er I mean on it.

princessannespiralham.jpg

I'm pretty lazy The spiral cut, brown sugar glazed kind works just fine for me.

Ham always reminds me of something but I cant quite put my finger in it.
Er I mean on it.

princessannespiralham.jpg

MMMMMMM..

All I need is a few thick slices of toasted potato bread,,, Hellmanns mayo, some salt and a few slices of swiss cheese.........

DAMN , now I am hungry...

We are going to an Easter lunch and bringing the ham but first have sunrise service and church breakfast so my wife is putting the ham in a crock pot.

My first thought was like a box of chocolates, you never know what you get.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Jennings
NOW you're talkin' Smoke a pork putt!

Yezzireee!

I like fancy restaurants just fine, but one of my favorite places in town is a real hole in the wall dive restaurant that serves a fantastic pork plate.

A generous helping of smoked pulled pork, baked beans, slaw, fries, and texas toast. A little hot BBQ sauce and a cold beer and it's as good as it gets.

Damn, I'm getting hungry.

Honey-cooked, spiral cut. Why make extra work instead of spending time with family?

Honey-cooked, spiral cut. Why make extra work instead of spending time with family?

Maybe working on it in the kitchen keeps you away from (her) family.

Maybe working on it in the kitchen keeps you away from (her) family.

Ha! Mother and sister in law are visiting this week, so the wife took the week off to be with them. Wife asked if I wanted to take the week off. "Oh no, dear, busy week this week."

:lol:

Put the pork butt or shoulder or whatever in your crock pot and cook it in Dr Pepper. Awesome!

Just be sure to use your matching salad bowls.... you know the ones that say "Cool Whip" on them.....

Lets talk about Easter Ham....We host 20 something people every year for Easter and have made ham a variety of ways. Traditional oven, grilled, smoked, etc. It's always good but this year I am having a difficult time getting excited about making a ham. So I ask the wise POA, what is your favorite ham recipe or Easter meal?

My favorite recipe is call Honeybaked and order one, then stick it in the oven to heat it up.:D

Grandma made ham with raisin sauce. Sounds yucky to me but it is quite yummy along with green beans and ham.

David

Wife told me "we" are doing smoked pulled pork. Not sure where the we is ;)

3-2-1 method smoked with pecan wood.

Hickory and Mesquite are too heavy and acidic for pork.

MMMMMMM..

All I need is a few thick slices of toasted potato bread,,, Hellmanns mayo, some salt and a few slices of swiss cheese.........

DAMN , now I am hungry...

Ditto but give me some Colby jack and we are in business

I got the HoneyFaked to go to my daughters (new grandbaby). The only other times I've cooked a ham, it's been attached to the rest of the pig.

Visited St. Louis last Summer. Had something called a pork butt steak. I'll NEVER go back.

That is a St Louis thing. I've never seen it anywhere else. It's called "pork steak" and is a bone-in pork butt that's been run through the band saw to cut it into steaks. You then grill it, sometimes adding BBQ sauce at the end to cook it on. It's kind the (very) poor man's version of a ribe eye.

That is a St Louis thing. I've never seen it anywhere else. It's called "pork steak" and is a bone-in pork butt that's been run through the band saw to cut it into steaks. You then grill it, sometimes adding BBQ sauce at the end to cook it on. It's kind the (very) poor man's version of a ribe eye.

We do like our pork steaks here. My wife is has lived in New Jersey, Virginia, Alabama, & Tennessee and had never heard of them before. It's one of her favorite things I make.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

We do like our pork steaks here. My wife is has lived in New Jersey, Virginia, Alabama, & Tennessee and had never heard of them before. It's one of her favorite things I make.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

My wife is from St Louis, that's how I heard about it. Slightly different from a grilled pork chop.

My daughter used Root Beer. Made great tasting pulled pork.

WOW.... Who would have thought.....

I guess the real question is...... How drunk was the person to try that for the first time...:dunno::lol:

Last edited:

Yes we do! Probably grill some tonight actually w/ a little Sweet Babt Ray's.

Understand that the things called HAM and BUTT come from opposite ends of the animal.
(Nothwithstanding the picnic and other less common cuts).

Back