CFI Wanted - Chicago Area

Iceman21

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
Iceman21
Galt Airport (10C) in Greenwood, IL is seeking a full time Flight Instructor (CFI).
JB Aviation has an active flight school/club with four Cessna 172s, a Cessna 182, and a Citabria. Tail-wheel experience preferred, but not required.

Potential exists for many hours and students. Weekend availability required.

Please PM me if interested. If you know anyone please pass this along.

I'm working on my CFI now... and I have 300hrs in Citabrias... Mostly Alaskan time!

If the military could release me, I'd help ya!

Bringing this back up to the top. At this point I will take almost anyone breathing with a CFI certificate. We have 8 students that just completed our private pilot ground school, another 11 in the current class, and looks like we are going to have to plan a June class for another 4-5 as of this moment.

We are in some serious need of help. We have 2 full time CFIs at the moment with myself and the other CFI is the airport manager. Please, please pass the word along so I can get some people making some money and some new pilots going in their training.

Many thank yous in advance.

Try raising the pay.

Last edited:
Your current load doesn't seem too bad. Maybe I'm missing something.

I don't think he listed the pay...

Pay is $25 an hour flight and ground, which is commensurate with the areas flight schools.

Last edited:
Lol true but it seemed as if you were expecting something you didn't see.

Galt Airport (10C) in Greenwood, IL is seeking a full time Flight Instructor (CFI).
JB Aviation has an active flight school/club with four Cessna 172s, a Cessna 182, and a Citabria. Tail-wheel experience preferred, but not required.

Potential exists for many hours and students. Weekend availability required.

Please PM me if interested. If you know anyone please pass this along.
Bringing this back up to the top! I'm in need of a CFI. CFII is not required but welcome. Can't keep up with demand currently! Come have some fun at the "Friendliest Airport around"

Bringing this back up to the top! I'm in need of a CFI. CFII is not required but welcome. Can't keep up with demand currently! Come have some fun at the "Friendliest Airport around"

Have you posted this on all the boards, climb to, will fly for food, etc?

Those are the 2 I haven't hit. They both are pay to post right?

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Have you posted it in the pilot lounge at other local airports?

How about Craig's List?

And finally, since American Flyers closed at KDPA, you might want to see if you can locate a list of their CFIs who might be looking for a new job.

Send a letter to all the flight instructors within 50 miles of you. I suspect you'll turn up someone pretty damn fast.

Don't know how to do that? PM me and I can do it for you (for a small fee, on top of costs, of course).

I have everything build out from a technical standpoint to do this...because I'm doing the same thing to find instructors for our flight school in my area :)

And finally, since American Flyers closed at KDPA, you might want to see if you can locate a list of their CFIs who might be looking for a new job.

I used to work there years ago. Their instructors have been offered jobs at other locations. Many have other jobs already or have taken the positions at the other locations.

Jessie, good idea. I can get this done. Appreciate the offer.

I used to work there years ago. Their instructors have been offered jobs at other locations. Many have other jobs already or have taken the positions at the other locations.

Jessie, good idea. I can get this done. Appreciate the offer.

Sounds good. Let me know if you hit a wall, I have it all built right now so that all you have to do is write the letter and specify which zip codes. From there it grabs all the instructors in those areas and fires off API calls to lob.com. They print and mail them for about 90 cents a letter.

It's currently built to only send to instructors that hold a CFI certificate that has not expired in whatever categories (glider, single, multi, etc).

About 10 minutes of work and it's all sent without you having to touch a stamp or envelope :)

Just shot you a PM Jessie.

I'd be surprised if that many took jobs at other American Flyer locations. Not everyone has the option to relocate. Anyway, my suggestion was just that, a suggestion.

I'd be surprised if that many took jobs at other American Flyer locations. Not everyone has the option to relocate. Anyway, my suggestion was just that, a suggestion.

For a low time CPL, not having the option to relocate is kinda like committing career sucide in aviation.

For a low time CPL, not having the option to relocate is kinda like committing career sucide in aviation.

I would agree with that in regards to a CPL looking for a flying job other than being a CFI. I would think relocating for a CFI job would be a higher risk than relocating for an airline or corporate flying gig.

Back