Great Lakes Feb 2015 Lunch

Probably will have to attempt this another time.

Based on icing forecasts and that I would be departing into OVC005-009 with mist at 30 degrees surface temp, I'm thinking no.

No way. Bad forecast, still don't have a medical and Mrs. Steingar is way way under the weather. Hopefully March.

You guys are a bunch of *******. If my plane wasn't in annual, I'd be there!!

:whistle:

(BTW...we need a whistle emoticon here)

attachment.php

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 553
Well, it at least works out for me - the original plane I had reserved went down for maintenance so they scheduled me for another... which just now also went down for maintenance. Whoops!

Maybe next time!

This always happens when we try to plan a lunch get together in Indiana in the late winter. This happened when we tried to do KEYE last year.

This always happens when we try to plan a lunch get together in Indiana in the late winter. This happened when we tried to do KEYE last year.

Yes, but we all enjoyed a few weeks of hope, imagining that winter would draw back its icy curtain and free our planes ...
(Kinda like buying a lottery ticket to daydream)

Is it clearing over your way? Still dark gray skies here, just moved 5-6" off the driveway.

Should be back from annual I'm in

FWIW, I'm flying to Sheboygan (KSBM) tomorrow for brunch at Afterburners. They took over where Final Approach used to be. It's my birthday, and I want to get up for a flight! I'm supposed to be flying this plane, and it's been sitting since January! At least I know I can get it out of the hangar, because the airport keeps their plow right next to it!

Hey Tim,

What day in March and where?

I am based at Moraine. Where are you based?

If its March 21st, Martina and I will also be in.

Oliver

3/21 should work for me - I'll put a reservation in ASAP. Are we planning on MIE again?

Ok so far I have,

RCMutz
Flying "B"
Oliver
AJ
Myself with 2 or 3 total

I am going to call the new owners today

Anyone else coming?

I phoned the Restaurant and they were excited to have someone coming. They are open from 0700 till 2100, sounded busy in the background, hope they make it!!!!

I think we will plan for 1300 Local time, 1700 Z

Beautiful. My wife Martina and I are already looking forward to meeting you.

We will file IFR even if its severe clear - this will be our first instrument flight since Martina passed her IR check ride!

Dana +1 at kmie on 3/21, Wx permitting. And someone is buying me water since we Central time zone folks have to get up earlier to fly into Eastern time :)

Consider water purchased haven't seen you in a long time. Hope things work for Saturday.

Oops, turns out I had plans already made for me and won't be able to attend tomorrow :( Booking the plane for the next one in April - see you soon!

Ok so far I have,

RCMutz
Flying "B"
Oliver
AJ
Myself with 2 or 3 total

I am going to call the new owners today

Anyone else coming?

Tim,

With regrets I have to let you know I won't be able to make it tomorrow. Sorry for the late notice, but I have been out of town and forgot about this get together. Hopefully, I can make the April one.

BTW- Was there last Sunday with Grumman group, and the place was packed. Had to split up, so call ahead and let them know you are coming is a good idea.

Last edited:
Thanks, Tim. I'm a maybe (leaning towards not) with a couple of other things on the schedule already.

For now

I will total 3
Smootie 1?
flying B 1?
Oliver 2
Liz is a maybe
Possibly one from Beechtalk

For now

I will total 3
Smootie 1?
flying B 1?
Oliver 2
Liz is a maybe
Possibly one from Beechtalk

I am afraid, we are also dropping down to a 'maybe'. The weather forecast for our route doesn't look too promising. If it doesn't improve, we're out...:(

Oliver

I am watching this cold front but it looks to be pretty weak. Will call it in the morning.

We just checked the weather, the forecast still predicts conditions below our comfort level for a cross country flight. I am really sorry, but we are out. :(

No need to be sorry for making a wx decision. I am looking at 400 500 ovc at MIE which is below my comfort levels at this point as well. MGY is supposed to have 17 and above crosswinds. So unless I see a miracle improvement I am probably out as well.

Back