My dream types (no, not for free right seat)

Kritchlow

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Kritchlow
I have been frantically searching for a Martin 404 type, but have come to the realization that will not happen. What a cool airplane though!!...??

Second choice was a DC-3. Found a place a few years back in Georgia that would do it. It was 18K not guaranteed for the PIC type.

*NOT TO BE CONFUSED WITH THE OTHER SIMILAR THREAD*

This one is truly for the dream, not the reality of flying.

Anyone else's wishes?

Concord SST, DeHavilland Caribou, P-38, Lockheed Constellation, Beech Starship. No particular order

I've seen a B25 type advertised, that'd be fun.

I've seen a B25 type advertised, that'd be fun.

Need I remind you, I am typed in towing a B-25 that I wish I was PIC of :D You can log it, POA says so!

302z5lw.jpg

My friend owned the last airworthy 404. I wish I would have flown it with him.

DC-6 would be my dream type. Barring that, one of these days I hope to upgrade my SIC type in the DC-3 to PIC. Third place would be B727.

That spaceship from Independence Day.

I was going to take a job that flew DC-6 in Alaska. I thought grabbing a handful of throttles working those giant radials would be really cool. I have rode in the jump seat in the DC-6 several times in Alaska.

I did sit in the pilot seat of a DC-6 that was once owned by Howard Hughes.

I was going to take a job that flew DC-6 in Alaska. I thought grabbing a handful of throttles working those giant radials would be really cool. I have rode in the jump seat in the DC-6 several times in Alaska.

I did sit in the pilot seat of a DC-6 that was once owned by Howard Hughes.

are we supposed to believe this is a story about an aircraft?

I have been frantically searching for a Martin 404 type, but have come to the realization that will not happen. What a cool airplane though!!...??

Second choice was a DC-3. Found a place a few years back in Georgia that would do it. It was 18K not guaranteed for the PIC type.

*NOT TO BE CONFUSED WITH THE OTHER SIMILAR THREAD*

This one is truly for the dream, not the reality of flying.

Anyone else's wishes?

Is the DC-3 operation in Brownsville still going?

DC-6 would be my dream type. Barring that, one of these days I hope to upgrade my SIC type in the DC-3 to PIC. Third place would be B727.

How much are they getting for the DC-6 type? I agree that would be a fun one.

Personally I'd do the PBY.

How much are they getting for the DC-6 type? I agree that would be a fun one.

Personally I'd do the PBY.

I'm not sure if anyone does it for folks off the street anymore. There used to be an outfit in Florida that did, but I don't know if they still do. It was the same company that owned the DC-3 used in the Bond movie Quantum of Solace.

Nowadays, I think you would have to get hired by a cargo outfit and have them get you typed.

I'm not sure if anyone does it for folks off the street anymore. There used to be an outfit in Florida that did, but I don't know if they still do. It was the same company that owned the DC-3 used in the Bond movie Quantum of Solace.

Nowadays, I think you would have to get hired by a cargo outfit and have them get you typed.

I can't imagine a cargo operator not selling you a type rating for some extra bucks, even if it means a 6 week internship for you.:lol: There are still a few 6s flying out of Opa Laka.

My friend owned the last airworthy 404. I wish I would have flown it with him.
Very interesting... I read about that plane in CMA when I was looking to find one. I thought I read there was a restoration project at one point??
Do you have any pics by chance?

Back