Small and light inflatable life raft, survival gear

alaskaflyer

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Alaskaflyer
Are you a seaplane pilot or crossing open water (or are you one of those crazy pilots like me who also try to afford boating? ) I'm selling my Revere Coastal Compact inflatable life raft, six person, no canopy. Google for more info on the model, I purchased it in summer 2013 and it's never been deployed, stored warm and dry.

Also selling an ACR floating "ditch bag" with the pictured survival equipment.

Total retail value over $1800, make me an offer on one or both items.

Edit: Life raft not available for shipping due to hazmat issues, if you live in the far-upper Midwest or along the I-70 corridor west to the SanFran Bay area we could work something out.

0a88b9342065387fdd7c9e5f4e200653.jpg

3a9654bd7fb488fd9c387782e97ba9c8.jpg

Last edited:
What's the weight of the raft,and dimensions? Thanks

Forgive my ignorance, but do these have to be periodically inspected (like everything else aviation related, lol)?

Forgive my ignorance, but do these have to be periodically inspected (like everything else aviation related, lol)?

Inspection cycle is only a manufacturers suggestion if it is not in commercial service. I think the suggested cycle is two years which is pretty standard for inflatables.

Shipping issues for the raft seem insurmountable for now, so only available for reasonable meetup locations, see the original post for details. Sorry.

Last edited:
I am guessing you could just stuff it in a box and ship it as long as it's domestic. It doesn't contain radioactive waste or anything....

I am guessing you could just stuff it in a box and ship it as long as it's domestic. It doesn't contain radioactive waste or anything....

Compressed gas. I'm sure it's done by some people without proper disclosure. I'm not some people

If its just compressed air or nitrogen, or other non-poisonous gas, you can ship it via UPS/FEDEX ground, depending on canister size. It requires some specific papers and packaging.

How else do you send it back to the manufacturer, or service center, for service?

You may be able to find a UPS store or FedEx store that can pack and ship ORM-D or compressed gas class 2.2 materials. Just call around and tell them what it is. Its not really a big deal to ship these kinds of things via ground.

I would call the manufacturer and ask them for specific shipping information and see how they send them out. Things like does it ship ORM-D, what is the size or wt of the cylinder? what gas is in it? what is the UN/DOT name and hazard class, etc. If its ORM-D it should be easier to find a way to ship it.

Good Luck

Last edited:
Class 9 misc. I live in a rural area and our nearest - only- shipping store doesn't want to deal with the headache.

Once I move to the Bay Area there should be a local market.

Back