RV-12 Fuel Consumption

JohnWF

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
John at Salida
Flying off a 7,235-ft airport in Colorado. Total fuel purchased = 802.5-gallons, Hobbs time = 242.4-hours, or 3.31 GPH. Using 91-octane fuel, non-ethenol when available, 10% when I have to...never have used 100LL
FWIW

Geico, I am nose-off the blacktop as soon as enough speed is on hand, and the airplane flies itself off well before the 1,000-ft markers on the runway. I have never accurately determined actual takeoff run but would guess its about 7-800-ft, but that's just my seat-of-the-pants guess-ta-ment. This is solo with half fuel typically and no baggage save for a 'seat buddy' with odd and ends, maps, etc.

Already built, what's the purchase cost of an RV-12?

Bravo. :yes: You are the future of GA. :yes:

Great fuel burn,not a bad airplane either,enjoy.

What engine is in the plane? What rpm are you cruising at? That is very good fuel consumption for sure.
Dale

Dalealan, the RV-12 has the stock Vans Rotax 912ULS 100-HP. I typically cruise at 5,100 RPM. The engine has a prop speed reduction gear box with a 2.43:1 speed reduction which puts the prop at about 2,100. The prop is ground adjustable and set for cruise (more or less) yet I can easily see 800 or 900 FPM in climb if I want...typical take off climb rate is 600 FPM without pushing it.

Back