Mine!

AcroGimp

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
AcroGimp
Deal is done and checkout complete!

2900 lbs, 360hp 9 cylinder radial, fully aerobatic, +7/-5 limit loads, smoke belching, fire breathing Russian badassery.

10384359_10152564990195303_706205069037879611_n_zps244cfac6.jpg

'Gimp

Now Gimp, you know you can't possibly fly that thing! Why even try?

But seriously, I too am ****ing jealous. Not to mention proud to know you, (even if only in cyber space). The last young person I said that to was my nephew, the FA18 driver. That thing looks like more fun than getting married in Las Vegas was.

Deal is done and checkout complete!

2900 lbs, 360hp 9 cylinder radial, fully aerobatic, +7/-5 limit loads, smoke belching, fire breathing Russian badassery.

10384359_10152564990195303_706205069037879611_n_zps244cfac6.jpg

'Gimp

Nice aircraft,it's not nice to tease other pilots.

Nice! Congrats! I've thought those look like a lot of fun.

Take out the papers and the trash
Or you don't get no spendin' cash
If you don't scrub that kitchen floor
You ain't gonna rock and barrel roll no more

YAKITY YAK!

Wow. Congratulations. That IS total badassery!
Have fantastic fun!

Nice aircraft,it's not nice to tease other pilots.
I guess you were referring to my post.
Gimp, if I offended you in any way, I apologize. I really didn't mean it that way. I have been inspired by your sig. I have used it in conversations with my nephew that has Cerebral Palsy and he absolutely loved it and tries to live by it.

But if it was in bad taste, I will remove it.

And I really am jealous about that badass airplane. I wish I had the balls to do that a few decades ago.

Someone pulled a quick one on you. I hate to break it to you but that isn't a real plane.

Just looking at the photo, I can see the prop is on backwards.

Sorry man. hehe.

Congrats!!!

I guess you were referring to my post.
Gimp, if I offended you in any way, I apologize. I really didn't mean it that way. I have been inspired by your sig. I have used it in conversations with my nephew that has Cerebral Palsy and he absolutely loved it and tries to live by it.

But if it was in bad taste, I will remove it.

And I really am jealous about that badass airplane. I wish I had the balls to do that a few decades ago.
I think Ron was referring to me, :D

No harm no foul for your post, at least IMO.

'Gimp

Congrats John. Would be pretty cool to put in the training and practice to fly the Yak 52 worlds at some point. Maybe you could borrow a plane. There are a couple 52's at my airport, but they're into formation rather than acro. These things are very capable in the right hands. Will definitely fly IAC Intermediate. The CIVA Yak 52 sequence is typically a little more challenging than the Intermediate Knowns IAC puts out. Folks will love watching you fly contests in that thing. You have plans for that? Have fun.

Thanks to all!

I am still adjusting to the whole experience but it really is as much fun as it looks.

First training flight:

Highlights from check flight yesterday:

'Gimp

Congrats John. Would be pretty cool to put in the training and practice to fly the Yak 52 worlds at some point. Maybe you could borrow a plane. There are a couple 52's at my airport, but they're into formation rather than acro. These things are very capable in the right hands. Will definitely fly IAC Intermediate. The CIVA Yak 52 sequence is typically a little more challenging than the Intermediate Knowns IAC puts out. Folks will love watching you fly contests in that thing. You have plans for that? Have fun.
Planning to compete IAC as well as Formation and TacForm flying and the obligatory $100 hamburger ($200 at 15 GPH), the thing is just so capable no reason to limit it. I will try and fly Primary this year, Sportsman starting next year - I have seen video of the Russians flying the -52 and it is very impressive in the right hands.

'Gimp

Congrats!

I always wondered why more people don't buy yaks and nanchangs, really cool aircraft.

Thanks to all!

I am still adjusting to the whole experience but it really is as much fun as it looks.

First training flight:

Highlights from check flight yesterday:

'Gimp

Awesome plane & great videos! what kinda prop filter did you use for the gopro?

Glad to hear you finally got everything together! Where are you keeping it? I hope you'll bring it out to the next get together! And if you ever need a seat filler, I'm sure you could twist my arm ;)

Glad to hear you finally got everything together! Where are you keeping it? I hope you'll bring it out to the next get together! And if you ever need a seat filler, I'm sure you could twist my arm ;)
Basing at KSEE, will make next fly-in for sure (assuming I am in the country).

'Gimp

More power to you - now get out there and fly the heck out of that plane and keep the pics and vids coming.

One of my dream planes!

Planning to compete IAC as well as Formation and TacForm flying and the obligatory $100 hamburger ($200 at 15 GPH), the thing is just so capable no reason to limit it. I will try and fly Primary this year, Sportsman starting next year - I have seen video of the Russians flying the -52 and it is very impressive in the right hands.

'Gimp

Any plans to make it up to our chapter's contest in Coalinga at the end of May? I hope so, I was looking forward to bumping in to you (not in the air of course) at Borrego last fall but I guess you didn't make it out, or I misinterpreted your plans (or both)...

Registration link

Finally nailed the max performance takeoff and it was mind blowing fun.

'Gimp

That is a seriously sick plane! Congrats on the purchase! Look forward to seeing it in person sometime!

-Brian

Back