Off to the Sunny South

OH Flier

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
G^2
Tomorrow we're off to Panama City Florida, KPFN for 4 days in the sun. Tyndall AFB open house and air show is Saturday. Will post some pics on my return to the frozen north.

We're headed down a day early to check things out, ahead of the Sky Park 15G Stag Flight that departs on Friday. We're looking for 19 aircraft to make the trip if the weather holds out.

Flying Season is Officially Open !

Gary Gembala

and Florida is not part of the South! :p. A joke that is said around here in the South.

I hear there are some really, REALLY hot women from Panama City.

and Florida is not part of the South! :p. A joke that is said around here in the South.
Yep, once you cross the border of south Jawjuh... you're back in yankee territory! :p

Say "Hey!" when ya fly over GVL.

BTW, fuel at GVL's Shell self-service is $3.38 right now.

I hear there are some really, REALLY hot women from Panama City.
Sunburns do that to them. :)

Yep, once you cross the border of south Jawjuh... you're back in yankee territory! :p
AJC is reporting today that Atlanta has hit 5 million people in population. The huge jump in numbers came from people from the south (south of the border:(). The rest came from Ohio, Michigan, Illinois and any other state that has nasty winter weather. They come down here and b1tch about the way southerners drive.

Back from Tyndall AFB Open House, sun burned, hard of hearing, what a great show. The F22 Raptor demonstration flight just fantastic. Extreme directional changes with vectored thrust.

Head winds all the way down took 6.2 hrs, back in just over 5 at 11,000 feet. Got a love those tail winds.

Here are some pics of the show, lots more if you like, left them in high resolution. Enjoy

Gary Gembala

Attachments

• Tyndall057.JPG
    Tyndall057.JPG
    506.6 KB · Views: 9
  • Tyndall063.JPG
    Tyndall063.JPG
    90.2 KB · Views: 11
  • Tyndall071.JPG
    Tyndall071.JPG
    322.2 KB · Views: 9
  • Tyndall085.JPG
    Tyndall085.JPG
    225.5 KB · Views: 12
  • Tyndall122.JPG
    Tyndall122.JPG
    207.9 KB · Views: 11
  • Tyndall132.JPG
    Tyndall132.JPG
    289.6 KB · Views: 8
  • Tyndall128.JPG
    Tyndall128.JPG
    40.5 KB · Views: 8
  • Tyndall140.JPG
    Tyndall140.JPG
    322.7 KB · Views: 8
  • Tyndall144.JPG
    Tyndall144.JPG
    289.9 KB · Views: 11
  • Tyndall151.JPG
    Tyndall151.JPG
    324.7 KB · Views: 11
  • Tyndall159.JPG
    Tyndall159.JPG
    137.3 KB · Views: 8
  • Tyndall158.JPG
    Tyndall158.JPG
    108.2 KB · Views: 7
  • Tyndall184.JPG
    Tyndall184.JPG
    166.4 KB · Views: 8
  • Tyndall198.JPG
    Tyndall198.JPG
    95.3 KB · Views: 9
  • Tyndall209.JPG
    Tyndall209.JPG
    158.5 KB · Views: 7
  • Tyndall231.JPG
    Tyndall231.JPG
    155.4 KB · Views: 7
  • Tyndall251.JPG
    Tyndall251.JPG
    163.1 KB · Views: 9
  • Tyndall250.JPG
    Tyndall250.JPG
    147.8 KB · Views: 5
  • Tyndall273.JPG
    Tyndall273.JPG
    383.4 KB · Views: 5
  • Tyndall278.JPG
    Tyndall278.JPG
    215.1 KB · Views: 5
  • Tyndall280.JPG
    Tyndall280.JPG
    146.7 KB · Views: 8
  • Tyndall301.JPG
    Tyndall301.JPG
    87.4 KB · Views: 7
  • Tyndall312.JPG
    Tyndall312.JPG
    183.2 KB · Views: 8
  • Tyndall317.JPG
    Tyndall317.JPG
    221.2 KB · Views: 4
  • Tyndall340.JPG
    Tyndall340.JPG
    263.3 KB · Views: 6
  • Tyndall343.JPG
    Tyndall343.JPG
    192.8 KB · Views: 7
Oh you went to the open house!!!! I'm so jealous!!! Thats my home town! It was a tradition to go every year since we moved there when I was a baby. Now that I moved out here to school, I didnt get to go. My mom told me about it this year since she works at the FBO and got a lot of thier traffic. I volunteered out there for a couple years with my EAA group, you didnt see them did you? EAA 202? Its usualy a tough time getting those guys to do much with out us youngsters encouraging them on. My dad works on the F-15s that might have done flybys and all the ones on the field. Thats awesome though.

Thanks for the pics, its nice to see memories.

Fly safe,
Tristan

BTW what FBO did you fly into anyways? I'm hoping Precision aviation or you would have just paid an unnecessary ramp fee. Plus I know everyone there. :)

Say "Hey!" when ya fly over GVL.

BTW, fuel at GVL's Shell self-service is $3.38 right now.

Sunburns do that to them. :)
I miss Panama city, I'm not as tan as I used to be. :(

BTW I know the guys in the red biplanes, they're known as the "Red Eagles." Great bunch of guys, I have thier autographs. They go through Precision Aviation each year where one of the managers is also a biplane pilot and friend of mine. If you attended the Billfish tournament two years ago, the Red eagles and his Starduster did a personalized show. Sigh... I miss being home, people knew me there and I actualy had a bunch of flying buddies in one city.

Do the F-22's have a 'formalized' flight demonstration yet? I know last year at Oshkosh, they commented that the 'show' they were doing at that time was pretty loose (as far as Air Force 'loose' can get anyway) but that they were working on a standard formalized flight demonstration show to carry around the country pretty soon. Any idea if this was it?

I agree.. The things they can make that plane/jet do with vectored thrust is sickening!

KPFN Precision Aviation. We had 18 aircraft on the field.

Gary

We stayed at Mexico Beach, just east of Panama City. What a great view of the ocean and wide sand beaches.

On the flight into Panama City and the return, we launched at gross so a fuel stop was required, landing at KRNC Warren County. Outstanding FBO and runway, not to mention $2.99/gallon 100LL.

Last edited:
Me and my friends used to park just west of Toucans and go to the beach. Its the best place to get a sunset view!!

Watched the sun set with friends at Tucans over a dozen oysters and a boiled shirmp dinner on Thursday evening after a long flight. We were the advance guard, arriving on Thursday with one other aircraft. 16 additional from Skypark arrived on Friday.

G^2

Awesome, I love it down there; sunsets, beaches, fresh seafood...

Back