Lucky to be alive (My flight with Tango Charlie)

Oh, please move to California. Otherwise, i'm going to have to either move to Texas or take the Mrs. on a trip there.

What the hell do 1 billion people eat then ????:dunno::dunno::dunno::confused:

it's complicated...no pork in the states adjacent to the muslim countries....as for the rest, lots of chicken, lots of veggies, and some fish. Never ask where the meat in a hamburger came from...and fried cheese is a staple... their breads (nan & papad) aren't that wonderful either...

Oh man, I am online with Dutch harbor now.
I have to work in the Pizza Hut question.

Okay, I just turned a meeting into an aside about food in DH. There is no Pizza Hut but it is way less bleak than I understood it to be.

Maybe I will clean this up later but here is a copy / paste of my chat with vessel planner in the harbor

[FONT=&quot] Bryan[/FONT][FONT=&quot] 21:35[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]question, not at all work related[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] Judi[/FONT][FONT=&quot] 21:35[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]hello ok[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] Bryan[/FONT][FONT=&quot] 21:35[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I am shooting the breeze with some friends and we got to talking about Alaska[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]One if the conversations we were having is whether there were chain restaurants in Dutch Harbor. What is the restaurant situation in DUT?[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] Judi[/FONT][FONT=&quot] 21:37[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]We use to... way back in the early 90's....Burger King...a hole in the wall kind of joint...due to how small it was
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] Bryan[/FONT][FONT=&quot] 21:38[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Eva made it sound like you had 2 options. 1. go catch fish or 2. hit up a Thai place in the Grand hotel[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] Judi[/FONT][FONT=&quot] 21:39[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Now , we have a couple of MOM and POP restaurants and the Grand Hotel's Fine Dining, Cafe, and an Pan-Asian restaurant at the airport....[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]LOL, we are not THAT primitive. though we are spoiled with fresh salmon and halibut in abundance.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I'll make sure we send you some freshly smoked red salmon this summer....
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] Bryan[/FONT][FONT=&quot] 21:43[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]All I know I learned from Eva and Hayley. They were coming to Texas and asked where to get a steak. I said "I am fine with outback but you guys probably have that" They laughed at me and sent me a map and said you either catch it or hit the Thai restaurant (maybe they were exaggerating:))[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]So what's the scoop on Pizza Hut. Where do you get pizza?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] Judi[/FONT][FONT=&quot] 21:48[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Anchorage and surrounding areas have lots of the chain restaurants, but no Pizza Hut in our little island, but a couple of the restaurants here makes extremely good pizzas. [/FONT]

Last edited:
Aww, the PH in Dutch closed! Couldn't have been long after I was there if they closed in the early 90s.

Aww, the PH in Dutch closed! Couldn't have been long after I was there if they closed in the early 90s.

I will tell you what and you probably know this.
I don't get to venture far from home.

The people in DUT are some of the nicest people I have ever worked with. I helped them on a project that took a lot of over night shifts which really is my job and I don't see it as a big deal. Its what I am paid to do.

I come back to the office and there is a box on my desk the size of a car. It was filled with all sorts of salmon. I really thought of smoked salmon as smoked salmon, I didn't realize here were like 9 varieties.

It was a bunch of types of Salmon, coffee mugs, coloring books for my kids. Really nice people.

To compare. Anytime DUT calls me they say "Hey we have an issue If you need to feed your kids or do something first, that is a higher priority and we can wait for that."

Kodiak, Anchorage, Honolulu on the other hand were "I don't care if you are having surgery, you fix this now!"

One of our managers was in the room last month with his wife giving birth and the woman in Hono was screaming at him to fix her problems. He was like "I am in the delivery room with my wife" The woman in HON just went off "Your wife is having a baby you are not and this needs to be fixed"

But point being the people out there in DUT put up with rough times, rough weather and just harsh crap and they are still a class act. Really good people out there.

Most people around the world are good people, that's why it's sad that people don't care about them.

Today I am back at work with nothing but downtime. No correlation to the timing of Denver's writeup.

I'll take a base hit ;)

We aren't competing. Actually we are both secretly liberating Rich write all our stuff. ;)

Bonus points for using PTC. Passive Thermal Control, otherwise known by the Apollo astronauts as the "BBQ roll". :)

We aren't competing. Actually we are both secretly liberating Rich write all our stuff. ;)

Bonus points for using PTC. Passive Thermal Control, otherwise known by the Apollo astronauts as the "BBQ roll". :)

In my opinion..... Nate has pulled into the lead and Bryan is a lap down.... He might be able to catch up, BUT... The next installment of "As The Prop Turns" needs to be a Purlitzer Prize winning post...:rolleyes:

In my opinion..... Nate has pulled into the lead and Bryan is a lap down.... He might be able to catch up, BUT... The next installment of "As The Prop Turns" needs to be a Purlitzer Prize winning post...:rolleyes:

I have been working on a Fun with text to speech video version.
If it helps me earn points with you, I will make sure I get you in it, and get you laid.

attachment.php

Attachments

• poa.jpg
    poa.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 126
I have been working on a Fun with text to speech video version.
If it helps me earn points with you, I will make sure I get you in it, and get you laid.

attachment.php

Getting laid is far from an issue for me.... years of practice and a above average sized "toy" keeps the ladies wanting more... :yes:

I appreciate your concerns though...

Getting laid is far from an issue for me.... years of practice and a above average sized "toy" keeps the ladies wanting more... :yes:

I appreciate your concerns though...

ewe, I was referring to in the movie.

What you do in real life in Jackson's hole is none of my business.

Just what exactly do you do for work, Bryan? Sounds a lot like my brother's typical day - except he ends up physically travelling to ports in Seattle, Honolulu, Galveston ... he says he still plays with boats.

Just what exactly do you do for work, Bryan? Sounds a lot like my brother's typical day - except he ends up physically travelling to ports in Seattle, Honolulu, Galveston ... he says he still plays with boats.

For now I manage a team of software developers (Well that is my expertize) The company I am working for does domestic container shipping. Anywhere on the mainland US and outlying territories, no international.

I don't really do any development but I over see the development projects and I am in charge of IT operations for the company. I get to play with virtual ships like this:

konteynerBilgiYonetimSistemleri.png

tech_image20.jpg

I don't really have a logistics background and our company is closing.
I actually prefer to work on the medical side of IT but my role is adaptable to just about any industry so somehow I ended up here.

We have (had) offices in Dallas, Charolette, Souix Falls, and we own the ports in Anchorage, Dutch Harbor, Kodiak, San Juan Honolulu and Guam. And we operate a lot of vessels in Tacoma and LA but we don't own the ports we pay for stevadoring services out there.

This has been one of the funnest jobs I have ever had.

Hang on 6PC...someone asked you for a good steak in Dallas and your reply was, "Outback?"

Best steak in the DFW area = Star Cafe, Stockyards district, Ft. Worth.

For now I manage a team of software developers (Well that is my expertize) The company I am working for does domestic container shipping. Anywhere on the mainland US and outlying territories, no international.

I don't really do any development but I over see the development projects and I am in charge of IT operations for the company. I get to play with virtual ships like this:

konteynerBilgiYonetimSistemleri.png

tech_image20.jpg

I don't really have a logistics background and our company is closing.
I actually prefer to work on the medical side of IT but my role is adaptable to just about any industry so somehow I ended up here.

We have (had) offices in Dallas, Charolette, Souix Falls, and we own the ports in Anchorage, Dutch Harbor, Kodiak, San Juan Honolulu and Guam. And we operate a lot of vessels in Tacoma and LA but we don't own the ports we pay for stevadoring services out there.

This has been one of the funnest jobs I have ever had.

Does look like a lot of fun. My brother is training manager for MSRC (Marine Spill Response Corp) and travels to all the ports they have ships stationed.

Weren't you posting recently about being unemployed and going to job interviews? It doesn't take much google-fu to find this thread during a background check. Skipped work, left a client in a bind, and bragged about it on the internet as something funny. That's as far as I read.

Weren't you posting recently about being unemployed and going to job interviews? It doesn't take much google-fu to find this thread during a background check. Skipped work, left a client in a bind, and bragged about it on the internet as something funny. That's as far as I read.

I'm not worried about it

noun: satire
the use of humor, irony, exaggeration, or ridicule to expose and criticize people's stupidity or vices, particularly in the context of contemporary politics and other topical issues.
synonyms:mockery, ridicule, derision, scorn, caricature; Moreirony, sarcasm

Interesting

Attachments

• c8a.gif
    c8a.gif
    5.4 MB · Views: 12

LOL. That's hilarious. Hiring managers who haven't picked up great employees, who were screwed by a buy out, are few and far between. Finding that they screwed off for a little while in between jobs, isn't exactly a surprise.

Why haven't I read this before? Great read, SPC.

I, too, went on a "flight" in the fauxnanza. Just last night with PTC. At least I think I did. I remember a burger at the Grand Prairie airport...

Seriously, he's one of the nicest guys I've met. Ever. Schedules permitting we should all load up and invade a airport restaurant some place.

Why haven't I read this before? Great read, SPC.

I, too, went on a "flight" in the fauxnanza. Just last night with PTC. At least I think I did. I remember a burger at the Grand Prairie airport...

Seriously, he's one of the nicest guys I've met. Ever. Schedules permitting we should all load up and invade a airport restaurant some place.

Did your burger taste like antifreeze?
Did your wallet go missing.

Get online and look at your will. Make sure you weren't drugged and coerced into adding PTC as beneficiary.

He's up to something. Nobody is that nice. I am going to find out what it is.

Reach around your back and check to see if your kidneys are still there.
I'll wait.

Did your burger taste like antifreeze?
Did your wallet go missing.

Get online and look at your will. Make sure you weren't drugged and coerced into adding PTC as beneficiary.

He's up to something. Nobody is that nice. I am going to find out what it is.

Reach around your back and check to see if your kidneys are still there.
I'll wait.

DAMMIT!! That's why the Visa fraud prevention people called me. And suddenly I'm bequeathing an as-yet-unobtained vastly expensive estate to him. We need to get to the bottom of this. WHERE ARE MY ORGANS, PTC???

Seriously, aviation needs more folks like Tyler. I was reading the "What's Happening To Us" thread here in the Hangar Talk section and getting very depressed. Then I remembered my flight with him last night and decided to screw the naysayers. Aviation is about sharing the experience. Yes, it's stupid expensive. Yes, it's stupidly over-regulated. Yes... I'm going to do it no matter what it takes.

DAMMIT!! That's why the Visa fraud prevention people called me. And suddenly I'm bequeathing an as-yet-unobtained vastly expensive estate to him. We need to get to the bottom of this. WHERE ARE MY ORGANS, PTC???

Seriously, aviation needs more folks like Tyler. I was reading the "What's Happening To Us" thread here in the Hangar Talk section and getting very depressed. Then I remembered my flight with him last night and decided to screw the naysayers. Aviation is about sharing the experience. Yes, it's stupid expensive. Yes, it's stupidly over-regulated. Yes... I'm going to do it no matter what it takes.

here here!

Flying with other people is always a lot of fun.
You learn a lot.

here here!

Flying with other people is always a lot of fun.
You learn a lot.

My FAVORITE memories of flying are the many times a bunch of us called around and agreed to meet somewhere for breakfast, and did so without an agenda other than having a good meal and swapping lies.

I LOVED that part of Aviation but it seems to going the way of Ultralights, now.

My FAVORITE memories of flying are the many times a bunch of us called around and agreed to meet somewhere for breakfast, and did so without an agenda other than having a good meal and swapping lies.

I LOVED that part of Aviation but it seems to going the way of Ultralights, now.

Do you still fly and if so, what do you fly by the way?

Back