Gift Show and Tell

ARFlyer

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
ARFlyer
Share some of the gifts you received or bought for yourself this holiday!

Were the gifts a surprise or had you asked for the gift at some point?

My gifts:

ACR ResQLink+ PLB I was actually surprised about this gift from my parents. I brought it up last spring and had completely forgotten about it.

Ancestry DNA test: This will be an interesting gift. Wait 8-10 weeks and I'll tell you if I'm related to any of you crazies. :D

Share some of the gifts you received or bought for yourself this holiday!

Were the gifts a surprise or had you asked for the gift at some point?

My gifts:

ACR ResQLink+ PLB I was actually surprised about this gift from my parents. I brought it up last spring and had completely forgotten about it.

Ancestry DNA test: This will be an interesting gift. Wait 8-10 weeks and I'll tell you if I'm related to any of you crazies. :D

Especially if you discover you're not related to your relatives. :D

90 minute massage. Will report any happy endings if they occur.

0_o

IPad suction mount and a book "A Nightmare's Prayer" (asked for them).

Wife told me she wants a twin (airplane) and gave me the go ahead to start shopping (completely floored me)!

• An incredibly good looking wallet from my wife - total surprise
  • Long sleeve button downs & a belt from Brooks Bros - nice surprise
  • .5 AMU from FIL, which I think will go towards new plane plastics wrapped in wool in the front of the cockpit; mine are in poor condition
Or do I ditch the XM WX on my Aera 510 and go for the GLD39???

Merry Christmas, what did you get?

I got a six pack without having to exercise!
e06099fe9062b6686c41b7bada646cf2.jpg

<< Sent from my mobile device at 0agl >>

My dog was pretty happy with her new bed. Ran straight downstairs this morning and jumped right in. She stayed there for hours and is there now. I'd say she likes it...

IMG_20141225_060637.jpg

Our new baby got a new cover for christmas! She still needs a bath though...

2014-12-25%2B17.14.45.jpg

I didn't really want/need anything this year so I just got new clothes and gloves. Nothing really aviation related although I did want a pair of nice leather gloves so my hands won't freeze off while I do the pre-flight

No pics. But my son gave me ammo. Lots of it.. (Well, several boxes.)

Socks, gift cards, beer, jinga. No TBM 900 this year, which was the main thing I had on my list.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

My plastic PP cert. Arrived in the mail on the afternoon of the 24th. It was a long 4 month wait.

Karen got me a display case for dad's service flag. She knew I'd been meaning to hang it up and hadn't gotten around to it. She also figured out where I had stored it.

Sister got us a nifty mountain painting from a local artist.

Funniest is these. Karen and I got matching "Happy Camper" mugs for the RV. Heh. Even has the pink flamingoes!

0ca73489d577b81924b1021bda0bc6ce.jpg

Also fairly funny was mom figured out where to buy Hoppes products and restocked all our gun cleaning stuff in both our stockings. Heh.

My stocking has airplanes on it. Heh. She gets it out every year. We've had them since we were kids. I always get a kick out of seeing it every year.

4cb0a600ec58e634a5384a8d480f615d.jpg

This year she had a Bronco Christmas tree. ;)

b43dc7bcc72c641c80a6d1463b41c694.jpg

Best gifts this year were that sister who was unemployed for a while, now has two good job offers, other sis got a new job at an architecture firm, Karen got a new job in Wound Care starting Jan 5th, her first non-homecare job in 12+ years, and everyone is happy and healthy.

Well, I'm dealing with my bad back and shuffling around like an old man today, but it'll pass. Everyone thought it was pretty funny when I sat on the squishy couch and then realized I was stuck. Couldn't get up from there. I was banished to the straight backed chair with arms. Haven't had it bother me in a number of years so it was overdue.

I've got a LEGO FLW Imperial Hotel (I've already got the Robie House, Fallingwater, and the Guggenheim). I think this is the last of the FLW buildings (they do have some other architects that I may have to switch to next year).

I got my wife a toilet seat (how romantic) that I have to install today (it was what she wanted, one of those fancy bidet heated things).

Wife said let's go fly around and just sight see....got to the airport and saw this....

tumblr_inline_n2dy8j7GNB1soyccj.jpg

She said that one is ours..... She bought me a TBM 900 and all the training requirements to boot!!

When I woke up, I was disappointed and settled for a Rightline truck tent and a nice meat butcher kit.

Last edited:
Wife said let's go fly around and just sight see....got to the airport and saw this....

She said that one is ours..... She bought me a TBM 900 and all the training requirements to boot!!

When I woke up, I was disappointed and settled for a Rightline truck tent and a nice meat butcher kit.

WOW, I was about to award you Xmas gift of the century!! :D

I got an iPad Air 2, and a grill guru that controls the temperature on my Green Egg! I haven't had a chance to try the grill stuff out, but the iPad is good so far! :D

I got the usual stuff: socks, sweater, some DVDs ... but the best gift is the one that I gave my airplane: an IFR GPS. It is going in on Jan 5th. Hello clouds, here I come! :)

Santa gave me cowl plugs for my Mooney from Bruce's Custom Covers, a kit of plane cleaning products from aero cosmetics, and a drill press. All were on my list, I guess I was a good boy last year.

Back