N. Korea

Irish_Armada

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Irish Armada
...is by far the most unintentionally comical regime in human history. The fact that a movie about how insular and ridiculous they are has resulted in "North Korean leaders ordering cyber attacks" against Sony is almost too perfect of a storyline to be true. This is clearly the greatest hoax / marketing ploy ever perpetrated in order to drive ticket sales. Nice work Sony.

ahhh+no+++it's+Kim+Jong+IL.jpg

The new world is inebiteber!!!!

Did I hear a news brief that said that particular movie is now being banned in places?

Not even sure who did the hack. N Korea all talk ,no action,sound familiar?

The move is a parody of North Korea. Vague terrorist threats have been made to retaliate on any theater showing the movie. So many places have decided not to show the movie. It is not banned.

I would call BS on the threats. North Korea couldn't bomb their way out of a wet paper bag.

The move is a parody of North Korea. Vague terrorist threats have been made to retaliate on any theater showing the movie. So many places have decided not to show the movie. It is not banned.

I would call BS on the threats. North Korea couldn't bomb their way out of a wet paper bag.

How are they even hacking?
Has internet even been invented there?

Maybe we can get Dennis Rodman (if he's not too stoned) to make a phone call and straighten all this out?

It could work.:)

Last winter I had a layover in Seoul, so I decided to take the USO tour of the DMZ. This is the only tour that takes you inside the Joint Security Area and you get to go into the negotiating room which sits on the North/South border (north side of the room is North Korea, south side is South Korea with a long table dividing it). A ROK guard stood at the north door inside the room to insure no one inside or outside attempted to open it. Outside the building was ROK guards and North Korean guards standing toe to toe on the border (a long concrete slab) staring at each other. So yes, I have stood in North Korean territory (technically).

We toured the Bridge of No Return, the Third Tunnel and the overlook that looks into the North (The Unification Observetory). An interesting note of the DMZ is it is a nature preserve now that is home to many wild species that live uninterrupted (thanks to over 1 million land mines) the Army soldier conducting the tour did say it's not uncommon to see 3 legged hogs running around.

Inside the JSA you definitely feel the tension as both sides are heavily armed. We had to sign waivers to go inside that basically said if war broke out they would try to protect us, but that's about it.

Last winter I had a layover in Seoul, so I decided to take the USO tour of the DMZ. This is the only tour that takes you inside the Joint Security Area and you get to go into the negotiating room which sits on the North/South border (north side of the room is North Korea, south side is South Korea with a long table dividing it). A ROK guard stood at the north door inside the room to insure no one inside or outside attempted to open it. Outside the building was ROK guards and North Korean guards standing toe to toe on the border (a long concrete slab) staring at each other. So yes, I have stood in North Korean territory (technically).

We toured the Bridge of No Return, the Third Tunnel and the overlook that looks into the North (The Unification Observetory). An interesting note of the DMZ is it is a nature preserve now that is home to many wild species that live uninterrupted (thanks to over 1 million land mines) the Army soldier conducting the tour did say it's not uncommon to see 3 legged hogs running around.

Inside the JSA you definitely feel the tension as both sides are heavily armed. We had to sign waivers to go inside that basically said if war broke out they would try to protect us, but that's about it.

Humans and their insanity on display.

I would love to do that tour.

I hear the phones are the joke. Because the N. is so far behind in technology they have something like a rotary phone in the negotiation room??

Kim Jong Un probably also has a button that opens a trap door into a shark tank under each seat on the North Korea side.

Kim Jong Un probably also has a button that opens a trap door into a shark tank under each seat on the North Korea side.

"All I want are sharks with frickin laser beams on their heads!!!"

I hear the phones are the joke. Because the N. is so far behind in technology they have something like a rotary phone in the negotiation room??

There were no phones in the negotiating room. But yes, N Korea is behind on a lot of technology we take for granted.

I liked that the hillsides along the road leading to the DMZ were wired with explosives to block the roads if the North ever decided to come South.

Near tour. A couple of the guys in our group had served there. One was there when some NK troops decided to hack up some SK troops with axes...

We had to sign waivers to go inside that basically said if war broke out they would try to protect us, but that's about it.

I've always heard that technically, they're still at war because a peace treaty was never signed, just an armistice.

Either way, the DMZ isn't a part of the world I care to visit. As fascinating as it might be, knowing my luck, the **** would hit the fan on the day I chose to tour it.

No thanks. I'll stick to Disneyland.

I've always heard that technically, they're still at war because a peace treaty was never signed, just an armistice.

Either way, the DMZ isn't a part of the world I care to visit. As fascinating as it might be, knowing my luck, the **** would hit the fan on the day I chose to tour it.

No thanks. I'll stick to Disneyland.

You forget that Disneyland, according to the feds, is a prime terrorist target. It is under permanent temporary flight restriction. :confused:

You're not safe there either.:redface:

Hmmm... NY Times is reporting that North Korea has dropped off the internet grid. I wonder how that could happen.....

The guy running the internet probably sneezed and Kim Jong Un had him executed.

Every time that guy speaks, he reminds me of another amusing and delusional figure...

iim_open.gif

Last edited:
We will turn the internet back on for......
ONE MILLION DOLLARS!!!!!

attachment.php

Attachments

• dr-evil.jpg
    dr-evil.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 67
And now you know why he's always wearing that full button down jacket:

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• 83216783.jpg
    83216783.jpg