WTB: Stratus 2

FlyingMonkey

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
FlyingMonkey
PM me if you have a Stratus 2 for sale please!

Loren is on to something.....sporty's normally charges $20 mandatory shipping. But doubt you'll find a deal better than that.

I was hoping someone might have a used one to sell. :)

I dont use my stratus 2 anymore and have thought about trading down to a stratus 1 as a back up- I use the ifly app with a skyguard rather then foreflight but like having the option in the event my ifly was to lock up - of course when I am on the ground my ifly works fine without any Adsb , I herd that the status 1 is not incripted and will work with other apps ?

When purchasing a Stratus 2 (or if you already have one), also obtain the external antenna.

The boost in ADS-B tower reception will make it one of the best $60 you'll ever spend in aviation. I've seen our unit go from seeing two towers to seeing four or five. And the internal and external antennas are within inches of each other.

I dont use my stratus 2 anymore and have thought about trading down to a stratus 1 as a back up- I use the ifly app with a skyguard rather then foreflight but like having the option in the event my ifly was to lock up - of course when I am on the ground my ifly works fine without any Adsb , I herd that the status 1 is not incripted and will work with other apps ?

I'll take it!

I had my Stratus 2 attached to a canopy on an airplane. The canopy departed the airplane at 2 or 3 hundred AGL and fell to the runway. Basically nothing left of it.

The Stratus 2 however survived the fall completely, it sort of looks like it was ran over by a truck, and something inside it rattles, but it otherwise works perfectly. They're good devices.

Neither Stratus is "encrypted", they simply don't publish their API or protocols to anyone except ForeFlight. Get yourself a WiFi sniffer and reverse engineer it and you can do whatever you want... But most app developers aren't interested in doing such things.

Back