Sad

Sorry,never good when you loose a friend,may he rest in peace.

:sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad:

This morning at approximately 1:20 a.m. the Yuma County Sheriff's Office responded to the area of County 18 and 1/2 and Avenue D and 1/2 in reference to a downed aircraft.
Upon arrival, deputies located the aircraft in an open field and fully engulfed in flames as a result of the crash.
The initial information indicated that there was one deceased person in the aircraft.
The plane was an air tractor 502 crop duster and owned by Tri rotor and operated out of Somerton...

Flying a crop duster at 1AM...:confused::confused:..

I am guessing it was a reposition flight ?

Last edited:
I read the same and was wondering why he was up at that hour. Sad indeed. Those crop dusters are usually top notch flyers.

Bummer bud. I guess he had just finished a field and was ferrying back? Or maybe he pulled the dump.

Last edited:

This morning at approximately 1:20 a.m. the Yuma County Sheriff's Office responded to the area of County 18 and 1/2 and Avenue D and 1/2 in reference to a downed aircraft.
Upon arrival, deputies located the aircraft in an open field and fully engulfed in flames as a result of the crash.
The initial information indicated that there was one deceased person in the aircraft.
The plane was an air tractor 502 crop duster and owned by Tri rotor and operated out of Somerton...

They spray at night there. Very rare to fly during daylight in that area. Night ops are not that uncommon. The investigation is obviously in progress. I don't want to speculate about possible causes of the accident, he was my friend. And yes he was a very experienced pilot.

Edit:
Not trying to be terse with responses to specifics about the accident. I just don't think it would be appropriate to discuss in an open forum. Intent of the OP was to share a personal loss among a group that understands a little better than others. Thanks for all the kind words and thoughts.

Last edited:
They spray at night there. Very rare to fly during daylight in that area. Night ops are not that uncommon. The investigation is obviously in progress. I don't want to speculate about possible causes of the accident, he was my friend. And yes he was a very experienced pilot.

That's what really sucks. Sometimes, good people, with good skills, just die in a plane. I hope to not ever be that person.

I lift my glass to your friend, literally, right now.

We have lost several guys in the Ag world this year. Total accidents are down but this year too many have been fatal. Prayers. Sorry for your loss

You have to spray at night there due to convection issues during the day. With heavy products you get a lot of drift, and ULV products never even hit the crop before they go up. Plus the flying is way smoother.

Sorry for your loss brother! I know it is a lot harder when its a friend. I wish you, your family and his family the best moving forward.

Back