Work Life Balance

SixPapaCharlie

May the force be with you
Display Name

Display name:
Sixer
I work from home frequently. Decided if I have to work, I can at least have good scenery. Got my Coffee, Live ATC going on my phone, and the field is buzzing with activity. Not a bad morning.

999921521323.jpg

Next time you're planning to go out there, let me know... I can do remote access goofing off too.

(Nice view from that FBO. Haven't been up there yet. When they build the restaurant off of the terminal building [yes, this is going to happen. Just not sure when], we need to remind the designers to offer an upper level view like this)

although, from my office, we get to watch the goings on at Nellis AFB. Get to see lots of F-16s, F-22s, and the occasional B1B

HAHA!

I am drinking coffee they have here called "Jet Fuel"
and they just pulled chocolate chip cookies out of the oven.

And I agree Mike, any on airport buildings need 2nd story viewing options

Man, never heard this before.
Tower just had a "Stuck mic"

I caught some chatter and "Then why don't you stop texting and get the hell out of the way then" more chatter, long pause "Um sorry about that folks"

Go find the LiveATC feed archive and post it.

(If it was Z, now you've got ammo to fire back at him for the taxi diagram marked "Not there, HERE!" he texted to ya while you were on Alpha)

there's a small chance I may be "working from home" aka "the beach" on Friday :)

One of the chief reasons I occasionally work at home is to minimize distractions...

These are distractions I can mitigate.

So far not one person has walked up to me and said
"Hey Bryan, can you take a look at this screen and tell me what I am doing wrong?"

Those are the worst.

For those of you interested: that airplane is owned by Shiela Johnson, co founder with her husband of BET (Black Entertainment Television).

For those of you interested: that airplane is owned by Shiela Johnson, co founder with her husband of BET (Black Entertainment Television).

Interesting........:rolleyes:..

Anyone know the founder of WET... (White Entertainment Television) :dunno::dunno:

Yeah, I'm sure all of us care about that one.

Nice office! Beats the crap out of a cubicle. It would be hard for me to get much work done though. I'd be pulling out my plane and hitting the sky.

Nice office! Beats the crap out of a cubicle. It would be hard for me to get much work done though. I'd be pulling out my plane and hitting the sky.

It was very tempting but I had a lunch date with my first grader and knew if I got the plane out, I would end up being late to that.

Still blows my mind that people get paid to work from home. I know its been common for awhile, but I don't know how you build the same type of commitment, camaraderie, synergy, etc that you used to do in an office environment.

My problem in life is a straight kamikaze work style that had zero balance. I once went 8 years without a single day of vacation. If I found out my competitor coached little league, I was happy because it gave me a chance to entertain his clients those 10 hours a week.

I WFH too, but that remote 'office' is way too far away. However, I do get to sit on my balcony and watch F35 and F16s roll around out here.

We are in fact. However, the quals are rather strict.

Today the balance brings me to the observation area at a small regional airport near my office.
Ground is broadcast over the loud speaker.

NDFW84737644.jpg

NDFW6678630.jpg

NDFW67865957.jpg

NDFW5839754.jpg

NDFW96788849.jpg

NDFW15825534.jpg

When they build the restaurant off of the terminal building [yes, this is going to happen. Just not sure when], we need to remind the designers to offer an upper level view like this)
And I agree Mike, any on airport buildings need 2nd story viewing options
Attention work-at-home folks in the Raleigh NC area: one of the best plane watching/working at home offices in the area is at RDU's GA Terminal.

Great 2nd story glassed-in observation deck overlooking the GA ramp with the landing zone for 23L right out front. There is a hot lunch counter with burgers and stuff, along with couches and tables. Unlike the outdoor observation deck there is HVAC!!

I used to fly their and go thru Southern Jet/TAC Air to access the terminal. I've used Landmark on other occassions. Neither has ever charged me a dime for parking but I can't figure out why. No idea what the policy is so I don't ask.

You can drive up an park in what appears to be pay parking right outside but is in fact free parking for several hours. Just take your ticket and give it back to the machine when leaving.

The only problem I've encountered there was when some local soccer moms discovered the building is great place for a bit of collective toddler sitting. Moms chat, kids run around and make a racket. Can't blame them, considered joining them.

Just wanted share this little known gem in the Triangle for those who still have to work. :D

Still blows my mind that people get paid to work from home. I know its been common for awhile, but I don't know how you build the same type of commitment, camaraderie, synergy, etc that you used to do in an office environment.

My problem in life is a straight kamikaze work style that had zero balance. I once went 8 years without a single day of vacation. If I found out my competitor coached little league, I was happy because it gave me a chance to entertain his clients those 10 hours a week.

It's in decline in a lot of places. My brother in law works for HP, and they're bringing people back into the office. We had a brief experiment with it where I work, and it's not likely to be repeated.

I suspect more people at the end of their life look back and wished they'd spent more time coaching little league and less time working.

I suspect more people at the end of their life look back and wished they'd spent more time coaching little league and less time working.

Sure, and they'd be 1000% right.

I'm trying to reform, but I can be a "little obsessive".:)

What kind of job you got Bryan ? Cool pics

I manage software engineers at a logistics company in Las Colinas.
They are super laid back as far as working remote, flexibility, and benefits.
Pay could be better but the flexibility is major priority with 2 young kids.

Today's lunch was at Love.
Bachman Lake is probably the best place around to watch aircraft.

Also probably the place you are most likely to get mugged and crabs at the same time.

KLUV1570742.jpg

KLUV52194390.jpg

KLUV96643616.jpg

KLUV80427214.jpg

KLUV1659336.jpg

KLUV51683393.jpg

KLUV76206791.jpg

KLUV59175089.jpg

Back