Countdown begins, first swipe back at Comcast....

SkyHog

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Everything Offends Me
It is February 12th. I have not received a W2 yet (go figure, Comcast does something wrong??). I called them today, and they said that they can't even request a duplicate until Feb 20th. I told them that is inexcusable, and they have to get one to me ASAP. They were adamant that they were unable to do it.

According to the irs's webpage, I should contact them to report my employer if I have not yet received my W2 by Feb 15th...

**Rubs hands**

Anyone know if they get fined for this, and if so, how much??

edit: I should point out that nothing infuriates me more than employers that sent out the W2 on Jan. 29th. There's no excuse, because all of the data they need to print the W2 is available in the system that prints the paystubs. The excuse that it takes time to collect the data is bunk, and it upsets me. Its just a way to hold control over their employee's heads, and hopefully a fine will make those bastards send the data out earlier.

Last edited:
It is February 12th. I have not received a W2 yet (go figure, Comcast does something wrong??). I called them today, and they said that they can't even request a duplicate until Feb 20th. I told them that is inexcusable, and they have to get one to me ASAP. They were adamant that they were unable to do it.

According to the irs's webpage, I should contact them to report my employer if I have not yet received my W2 by Feb 15th...

**Rubs hands**

edit: I should point out that nothing infuriates me more than employers that sent out the W2 on Jan. 29th. There's no excuse, because all of the data they need to print the W2 is available in the system that prints the paystubs. The excuse that it takes time to collect the data is bunk, and it upsets me. Its just a way to hold control over their employee's heads, and hopefully a fine will make those bastards send the data out earlier.

It's funny... If I don't pay my bill, I wonder if it will take them a month and a half to figure it out and shut off my cable... Hmm... Probably not.

It's funny... If I don't pay my bill, I wonder if it will take them a month and a half to figure it out and shut off my cable... Hmm... Probably not.

Actually. They let you get away with that. I used to always have Comcast setup to automatically bill my debit card. I had to get a new debit card and as a result the card number changed. I thought Comcast was setup to take the money out based on my checking routing / account number. I noticed after awhile that I hadn't been charged for cable for awhile and called Comcast. It sucked having to pay it all at once--but they were understanding--no extra fees and nothing on my credit report.

Actually. They let you get away with that. I used to always have Comcast setup to automatically bill my debit card. I had to get a new debit card and as a result the card number changed. I thought Comcast was setup to take the money out based on my checking routing / account number. I noticed after awhile that I hadn't been charged for cable for awhile and called Comcast. It sucked having to pay it all at once--but they were understanding--no extra fees and nothing on my credit report.

Well sure, they let you get away with it for a while... until the past due amount goes above some threshold, and then *yoink* no more Sopranos for you... Don't ask me how I know that. :redface:

Nick, you may be happy to know...maybe not.

I'm desparate for an internet link at the new place but I can't have DSL in both places at the same time. My thought was to buy a second link IF I could get service by Friday.

Speakeasy. I can get 3MB. 2-3 weeks. Uh uh.

Comcast: Web site says I can't order online. Please call. From previous visit I knew it would be $60 or so for cable and another $40 for Internet. *eeek* I am able to see on the web that the first appointment I can get for cable is too late.

I'm on hold for 15 minutes. I decide they have exactly 3 minutes more. The rep wins. When he asks me the third time how to spell the name of the town, I said, "Forget it." I cannot abide any more dealings with the functional illiterates answering phones.

I may be selling my third gen TiVo which takes CableCARD, although it's possible I'll be in the mood to try again months from now.

Last edited:

**Rubs hands**

They'll be forced, absolutely forced, to put your W2 in the mail in the next 30 days.

Nick, you may be happy to know...maybe not.

I'm desparate for an internet link at the new place but I can't have DSl in both places at teh same time. My thought was to buy a second link IF I could get service by Friday.

Speakeasy. I can get 3MB. 2-3 weeks. Uh uh.

Comcast: Web site says I can't order online. Please call. From previous visit I knew it would be $60 or so for cable and another $40 for Internet. *eeek* I am able to see on the web that the first appointment I cab get for cable is too late.

I'm on hold for 15 minutes. I decide they have exactly 3 minutes more. The rep wins. When he asks me the third time how to spell the name of the town, I said, "Forget it." I cannot abide any more dealings with the functional illiterates answering phones.

I may be selling my third gen TiVo which takes CableCARD, although it's possible I'll be in the mood to try again months from now.

Stinks that it'll take 2-3 weeks, but I can't rave enough about Speakeasy. Love, love, love 'em.

Last edited by a moderator:
They'll be forced, absolutely forced, to put your W2 in the mail in the next 30 days.

Weren't they absolultey forced to get the W2 in my hands by Feb 1 anyways? I suspect the last worthwhile employee left Comcast on December 27th of last year. I am figuring I'll be filling out the W2 Replacement form.

Man I'm happy to be out of that place.

I was reading recently there had been substantial changes to the code in December. So, many investment 1099's and W-2 issuances were given a slide on the issue date.

I agree. This year I wasn't sure we'd be able to do it before the deadline because this is the first year with a new ERP (computer system), but we still managed to get them out a week before the deadline.

I'll take the other side on this. To be certain that the data is right, most businesses don't finalize that stuff until they do a close the financials for the year. While that process is much faster now than it used to be, many businesses don't get it done until late January so they can catch all the invoices received & payments made on 12/31.

Having said that, a lot of places DO get it done sooner, but most of your larger companies take a little more time to get the close finished.

I'm with Bill - it's just not so simple as push a button and have the payroll system spit out the results.

The preliminary W2 numbers need to be audited (read: check some and see if they're right). It's REALLY expensive to issue corrected W-2's and it's a bit painful for employees who might have already filed to file a corrected 1040.

Some big employers like Comcast have literally thousands of taxing jurisdictions to deal with, and they have to check all of them.

On the other hand, there's not reason not to get it out by 1/31.

I'll take the other side on this. To be certain that the data is right, most businesses don't finalize that stuff until they do a close the financials for the year. While that process is much faster now than it used to be, many businesses don't get it done until late January so they can catch all the invoices received & payments made on 12/31.

Having said that, a lot of places DO get it done sooner, but most of your larger companies take a little more time to get the close finished.

I have to disagree with Bill somewhat . My EOM paycheck stub for December (I get paid once a month) has all of the same data as my W2. The company has all of my financial data at the stroke of the keyboard. What they are doimg is making sure to have all of their financial records done before they allow me to start on mine.

Well, Comcast screwed up. I'm on the phone with the IRS now, and filing a formal complaint. Apparently, they take this pretty seriously because they're working to get as much information as they possibly can right now.

Burn Comcast, burn.

Well, Comcast screwed up. I'm on the phone with the IRS now, and filing a formal complaint. Apparently, they take this pretty seriously because they're working to get as much information as they possibly can right now.

Burn Comcast, burn.

That's Comcastic!

Burn Comcast, burn.

Maybe calculating that overtime pay for working on election day required some custom programming. :p

I'm getting my DSL Monday. It's scary how close I came to being back with that eeevel company.

Back