IA Refresher Course OAK Oct. 2014

Stache

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Stache
Happy to announce I will be teaching my IA refresher course in Oakland, CA on Oct. 4, 2014 at Aviation Institute of Maintenance (AIM) once again.

Just off I-880, at Hegenberger Blvd. and Doolittle Blvd. The building is right on the corner. FREE Parking…or you can fly in and walk to the facility.
Aviation Institute of Maintenance
Part 147 Training Center
9636 Earhart Road
Oakland, CA 94621
Aviation Maintenance Technicians, aircraft owners, pilots and public are welcome to attend. I will provide a CD-ROM to each person that attends with lots of data to assist you. The is a great learning class for current aviation issues addressed by Former FAA personnel. New CFRs, Actively Engaged, Airman Limitations, Airworthiness meaning, Best Practices, Inspections, INOP Equipment, Pilot Bill of Rights, and Your data.

We always have a lively discussion on many of the above topics, its a great learning experience.

There is a small fee to cover costs payable on the day of training see attached flyer.

Attachments

• Flyer Oakland 10-04-2014.pdf
    305.5 KB · Views: 11
Nothing I'd rather do than pay $10 more than an online course, have to drive to the venue, and listen to retired FAA goobers parrot the party line.

I'd pay DOUBLE to get into a real donnybrook about things we've talked about in this message board without the final resolution being "well, we are the FAA, and we believe" ...

THanks, but no...

Jim

Last edited:
Sorry Jim you feel that way I am not your standard run of the mill former FAA inspector that tows the agency line. My IA course is designed to discuss real issues that affect us IAs and how to resolve those issues. I provide references to everything I talk about and hand out a CD-ROM with all the data and reference material used in my course. How often does your local FAA inspector provide you with the reference data to back up what they are discussing? In my classes, we have open lively discussions on real issues and how to resolve them. We also network with each other and this has helped many mechanic find new and better positions in the industry. My IA renew class is not sitting there listening to a boring former FAA inspector spew the company line, its hands on interactive with real solutions.

Tell you what you come and I will waive the fee, I think you will come away with a different point of view.

Tell you what you come and I will waive the fee, I think you will come away with a different point of view.

That's a generous offer but I think you're wasting your time with this guy.

Wish I was in that part of the world, I would definitely like to attend one of your seminars. :thumbsup:

That's a generous offer but I think you're wasting your time with this guy.

Wish I was in that part of the world, I would definitely like to attend one of your seminars. :thumbsup:

I am guessing that Jim and Denny have some history, though Denny was OAK FSDO, at least for his last years with the FAA, and Grass Valley is in SAC FSDO territory.

I do not recall having an issue with Jim while I was an inspector with the Oakland FSDO, but just being an FAA inspector I was a target for some. I will say this there were those like liked what I did as an inspector trying to help a lot of people and keep them out of trouble with big brother and resolve their air plane issues. And there were some people I took to task for doing things that was very unsafe, but I was always fair in what I did having been on both sides of the fence.

I gained a lot of useful knowledge about the aviation system being a regulator that opened my eyes and I have always tried to pass it on to those that were willing to learn as I did. One of the nice things about having my own IA renewal course is I can take it anywhere and teach it, like I did here in Japan for the Japanese AOPA and Yokota Air Base Aero Club. I have taught my IA course here in Japan for the past three years.

I always meet the renewal requirements but I still try to attend the day long seminar. Some are better than others. I do think it helps to reduce the number of vendor speakers. I always walk away with something that helps me. If I am nearby I'll try to attend.

The FAA just doesn't put the fear of god into me like they did at the seminars back in the 70s and 80s. I guess I should watch what I wish for.

I live in my small world of the PA46. The seminar drags me back home.

Back