Red Bull Air Race Ft. Worth, TX Sept 6-7

Jim Burns

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Jim Burns
Who's going? Where are your seats?

Tickets bought and hotel booked, yet I've been subpoenaed to testify in a trial that week, so I may not make it.

We've got about 12 people in our group with the potential to grow depending on any tickets opening up in or around Section PU104, rows 41-49.

Being a frequent attendee to the NASCAR and Indy races at TMS, I'm familiar with the layout of the facility.

And I'm still really curious as to how they are going to set up their "track" so that everyone in the grandstand gets to see the entire performance. It's too small to put all the gates within the confines of the speedway.

Does anyone have any info on the pylon layout?

Having been to the Detroit Shows in the past, I agree. I can't figure it out either. I believe that seating is being limited to the grand stand on the front stretch, nothing on the back stretch.

I really wanted to go. I had a hotel booked and put in for vacation time at work, but it's not looking like logistics are going to work out.

If folks on this forum are coming, please speak up. This is my home area and your being here is an excellent excuse for a social gathering.

Checking out the photo below, I'd like to know how they are going to deal with the structures in turns 1 and 2 and maintain safe clearance. Even if this is the location of the high G reversal, it's still gonna put the pilots real close to these buildings.

red-bull-air-race-dallas-2014.jpg

I am planning to go. I just checked ticket prices $140 and up, surprising. I don't mind paying it, but just as mentioned I'm not sure you'll be able to see very much. Perhaps the best bet is to rent one of the apartments if we can get enough people. Here is one $2500 for 5 nights and the out of towners could save a hotel fee. Might make a nice POA gathering.

http://www.vrbo.com/253376#rates

Are the prices per day or the entire event?

Seat only? or access to other areas such as the pits?

Looking at that picture of the track and thinking about the events years ago on the Detroit river, I'm guessing that they will enter and exit between the buildings, fly course going away from the viewer of the picture, then do a course reversal, flying back through the course and exiting between the buildings.

Prices. My prices were $59 for each seatback seat for both days, Sat and Sunday, in the upper grand stand on the front straightaway, nearly straight up from the start/finish line. ($59 total for each seat for the weekend, not each day) No access to the hangers/pits, but, included is a subscription to the red bull magazine.

Entering the speedway from the south side makes sense, especially if they use KAFW as the launch/recovery point.

Looking at that picture of the track and thinking about the events years ago on the Detroit river, I'm guessing that they will enter and exit between the buildings, fly course going away from the viewer of the picture, then do a course reversal, flying back through the course and exiting between the buildings.

Prices. My prices were $59 for each seatback seat for both days, Sat and Sunday, in the upper grand stand on the front straightaway, nearly straight up from the start/finish line. ($59 total for each seat for the weekend, not each day) No access to the hangers/pits, but, included is a subscription to the red bull magazine.

Wow, those tickets are gone. I'll have to check craigslist.

Wow, those tickets are gone. I'll have to check craigslist.

How many do you need? I found several options on the Texas Motor speedway website offering the same tickets that I got at the same price. The website ticket page is run by ticketmaster, but call the speedway directly, they are very helpfull ticket office is 817-215-8500

How many do you need? I found several options on the Texas Motor speedway website offering the same tickets that I got at the same price. The website ticket page is run by ticketmaster, but call the speedway directly, they are very helpfull ticket office is 817-215-8500

I found them now, I must have just picked some expensive selection. Thanks.

30+ of us going from Iowa. It's going to be an invasion from the Midwest!

I wonder if KAFW will publish an updated version of ATIS information BUBBA

I'm in DSM. Based at Y76 - Morningstar Field. We gots lot'o pilots here! Where are you?

I'm in DSM. Based at Y76 - Morningstar Field. We gots lot'o pilots here! Where are you?
We were based in Iowa City for a very long time. Since 2010 we are on an island in the Gulf, just offshore from mainland Texas. KRAS is our identifier -- Mustang Beach Airport.

Ah heck Jay, duh! We messaged back and fourth about us coming down for a visit at your motel.

Ah heck Jay, duh! We messaged back and fourth about us coming down for a visit at your motel.
No worries. As I've gotten older, and met many more people, I don't remember names or people at all anymore, either.

It makes every day a new adventure. LOL!

Wife and I will be there.
Bought tickets several months ago for seats in the Redbull area. Said they'd mail them a few weeks in advance, but so far nothing.
Anyone else have this issue?

Wife and I will be there.
Bought tickets several months ago for seats in the Redbull area. Said they'd mail them a few weeks in advance, but so far nothing.
Anyone else have this issue?

I called the track about ticket issue yesterday. Guy said they just printed more tickets this week and should be shipped next week, if not already on their way. He said if I don't get them in 2 weeks to call again.

I called the track about ticket issue yesterday. Guy said they just printed more tickets this week and should be shipped next week, if not already on their way. He said if I don't get them in 2 weeks to call again.

Thanks!
I just got an email saying they were mailing on Monday.

If you don't want to wait or depend on the mail, call the speedway, they will email you the tickets if you ask.

I called the speedway and talked to a complete jerk. I said we wanted reserved seats, prefer section 410-415. He found them in 418, and wanted $149/seat. WTF? I said reserved. So, he checked again and found them in the reserved seating area, now the price was $89. Huh? I also asked about the track setup, and the pylons, and where the planes would be based, and he had NO info and said Red Bull wasn't going to make that info public until race wknd. I told him forget it, and I ordered online. $59. Job done.

I called the speedway and talked to a complete jerk. I said we wanted reserved seats, prefer section 410-415. He found them in 418, and wanted $149/seat. WTF? I said reserved. So, he checked again and found them in the reserved seating area, now the price was $89. Huh? I also asked about the track setup, and the pylons, and where the planes would be based, and he had NO info and said Red Bull wasn't going to make that info public until race wknd. I told him forget it, and I ordered online. $59. Job done.
In my experience with the Red Bull races in Detroit, no one knows nuthin' until the day of the race. It's not like NASCAR, with a fifty year history and giant, built up infrastructure.

It's more like ten guys who got together and said "Hey! Let's do an air race!" -- and it kind of snowballed from there.

Where are y'all ordering from ? I been searching for weeks. Ticketmaster shows nothing

Ticketmaster is the agent through the Redbull website. That's where I got mine in February. Several friends simply called the Texas Motor Speedway Ticket office and requested seats near mine, giving them my name and they set them up without issue.

I will be going. My son and I have reserved seats that should be at eye level of the aircraft coming through. The 59.00 pays for both days.

I will be going. My son and I have reserved seats that should be at eye level of the aircraft coming through. The 59.00 pays for both days.

Which row does that happen to be ? We got tickets on Row 49.

Our group will be in Section PU104 row's 48 and 49

Back