12th Annual N40 H.O.P.S. Party, Wed, 7/30/14

Jay since when do you obey authorities??? :)

WRT EAA, I'm willing to bend the rules a bit. The RV has a small footprint, and three small tents won't hurt anyone.

Four, however, might push even the kindest EAA official over the brink... :lol:

Hey Jay, I'll try to make it. Can anyone spare some room under a wing? I'll be "flying" the BMW (cycle) up again this year.

We should have room for a second or third tent around a mooney. Hoping to arrive sunday, depart thursday weather permitting. Eaa seemed very laid back last year.

Hey Jay, I'll try to make it. Can anyone spare some room under a wing? I'll be "flying" the BMW (cycle) up again this year.

If you can't find a spot under a wing in the North 40, let me know. We have room in Scholler.

Pete, I think I mentioned this in another thread, but I'll +1 Troy. There'll be room in Camp Bacon.

Looking forward to sharing some suds again. Like last year, a little homebrew that should be tasty to most.

Looking forward to sharing some suds again. Like last year, a little homebrew that should be tasty to most.
Yum! :)

Also...If anyone can bring some fresh Sprecher Amber lager up from Milwaukee, we will reimburse you for it.

I'm on it. I drive past the brewery twice a day.

If you can't get it, let me know. If you tell me where to go AND THEY'RE OPEN IN SUNDAY I'll pick it up on my way north and deliver it to Jay at my party Tuesday.

If you can't get it, let me know. If you tell me where to go AND THEY'RE OPEN IN SUNDAY I'll pick it up on my way north and deliver it to Jay at my party Tuesday.

Not sure if the brewery is open on Sunday, but if you stop in at any Woodmans' in the area, there is one right of 45 just to the north west of Milwaukee, they pretty much have the best beer/liquor selection in the state. I wouldeven suggest stopping there anyways on your way up to get food/etc., if you need anything. I'm off work Tuesday, and I'll be driving past the brewery, so I have no excuse not to pick any up.

Yep, I don't pack any food anymore and just stop at Woodmans on the way. Huge grocery store, with great selection. Though for meat, I think Costco is better.

Yep, I don't pack any food anymore and just stop at Woodmans on the way. Huge grocery store, with great selection. Though for meat, I think Costco is better.

I go to Costco for their pizza. The meat is good, but since it's just me and the wife, we don't buy it there too much.

Well, boys and girls -- it's T-minus 12 hours till we launch from our island in the Gulf of Mexico, headed toward the Greatest Show on Earth in Oshkosh. The TAFs look good all the way to Dubuque!

We shall hopefully see y'all there on Tuesday at Grant's, and on Wednesday at our campsite in the N40. I will try to post the row number of our site once we are settled in!

Fly safe, everyone!

I was planning on heading to the HOPS party Wednesday night to meet you guys,and staying until after the air show Thursday. My son is having tubes installed on Tuesday morning, so now I'm a game day decision of whether I go at all.

If I do go I plan to park at GA parking. Anyone got space for an extra tent for one night?

The party on Wednesdsy will be at our campsite in Row 523, two planes from the road. Look for the Texas flag, banner, and red RV-8A!

Looks like 75 degrees today, with a chance of rain. Perfect HOPS Party weather.

Festivities start after the air show ends (roughly 5:30 PM), and go until the beer runs out.

Wait...the beer never runs out here... lol. We will watch the night airshow from here, Row 523...

EAA has a georeferenced map of the AirVenture grounds now. Here is our location, to help you find the party tonight.

ga4etu5u.jpg

What a great party! Thanks, y'all, for coming!

We had 52 people in attendance, and something like 43 different microbrews, from virtually everywhere. The award for longest distance traveled goes to Markus (Germany), with Paul (Wales) not too far behnd.

Here's the official pic. More later...it was one for the books!
udy8eze8.jpg

Sorry I missed it. I still have a 12 pack of Amber Lager for you, Jay.

You're allowed to drive cars into the N40 camping area?!?

Jay, great party. Many thanks for pulling it together and cool to get a t-shirt.

If you are delivering beers to Jay's party you can drive in, or so I have heard :)

After 32 years, you get to know people.
;)

I saw your location and your RV. Very good location. How do you guarantee that location? When did you arrive? I got stuck on the other side of the runway and that was too far.

I saw your location and your RV. Very good location. How do you guarantee that location? When did you arrive? I got stuck on the other side of the runway and that was too far.
That was just luck, and arriving early.

The TX flag pierced the setting sun. That's how good this party was. Thanks Jay and Mary and Becca!

I wore my shirt from 2012 just the other day. With good luck, I'll be able to join you again next year at the 2015 show! Wife said I can return and bring my daughter, so may be a road trip with our popup back to Camp Scholler instead of the motorcycle, but hey, I'll be there!

I wore my shirt from 2012 just the other day. With good luck, I'll be able to join you again next year at the 2015 show! Wife said I can return and bring my daughter, so may be a road trip with our popup back to Camp Scholler instead of the motorcycle, but hey, I'll be there!
So will we, God willin' and the crik don't rise.

On the agenda today at OSH: EPIRBs, Thunderbirds, fish fry at the seaplane base. Even spending the week, we never see it all...

Thanks to Jay and Mary, Flying Ron, rec.aviation. and, uh..... damn beer. But I got the shirt!

It was a highlight for me and my crew.

Always fun to hang with my internet peeps. Jay and Mary are certainly paragons of hospitality.

Um, I think there will be room at one of our sites (we've got five aircraft this year) but I'm already maxed out at mine, with three tents. (Two more than authorized! :lol: )

Then where was I going to stay or was the invite fake?

(back from Reno 2012 but then again you and I and Mary were drinking at the Purple Board's party).

Kimberly

Hey Jay, a little late but had a great time at the party. And the left-over mini-parties the next few days...

Good to meet you and Mary!

Then where was I going to stay or was the invite fake?

(back from Reno 2012 but then again you and I and Mary were drinking at the Purple Board's party).

Kimberly
Nope, the invite was not fake -- but room is pretty limited on each site, as they park us pretty close together, as this picture illustrates. (Find the Texas flag in the upper right corner. Follow it down to the red plane. That was us!)

eda2asus.jpg

If you had said you were coming, we would have shooed those other folks away!
:)

Should you ever make it to Oshkosh we'll find some room for you somewhere. Do bring tent, though.

Step one: buy tent

Step two: buy sleeping bag

(I live in a studio and over time got rid of what I wasn't using daily).

Step one: buy tent

Step two: buy sleeping bag

(I live in a studio and over time got rid of what I wasn't using daily).

All I can say, is based on the Tuesday night weather, I was glad I was staying in a hotel.....ok I admit it. I'm a woose.

Um, I had bearing grease under my nails because I didn't wear gloves while changing the tire of a race airplane at the Reno Air Races..... while I was on a pit crew for a race pilot.

I am not a wuss. Haven't been camping in years but my ex boyfriend's family used to own this log cabin where in winter we had no electricity or running water and had to dig our way in and it was 12 degrees until the fire we built could get up to 68... which took 2 days. And yes, no showers and we had to you know what outside in the snow.

So I know I can hang with the big boys.

Um, I had bearing grease under my nails because I didn't wear gloves while changing the tire of a race airplane at the Reno Air Races..... while I was on a pit crew for a race pilot.

I am not a wuss. Haven't been camping in years but my ex boyfriend's family used to own this log cabin where in winter we had no electricity or running water and had to dig our way in and it was 12 degrees until the fire we built could get up to 68... which took 2 days. And yes, no showers and we had to you know what outside in the snow.

So I know I can hang with the big boys.

Glad you can my dear. I can't.....lol. Camping is definately NOT my thing.

Back