My New Wings

etemplet

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
etemplet
Well an unknown stranger from the 150 Forum was nice enough to fly the Aerobat home to MJD Picayune MS. I am reading and learning about the plane, being my first ownership experience. I'm diggin it. After I fly ole Delmar around a bit, I am going to get some aerobatic instruction from Catherine in TN. I have about 10 hours or so in a Pitts but... I want some brand specific and I need a refresher anyway.

Here is da Bat !! Taaa Daaa !!

That's my Granddaughter but I don' think was applying much thrust.. :D
Barney is the Gentleman that flew Delmar down from KMGW :goofy: Good people in this world for sure. :yes:

Attachments

• AM- Pushing 5977J.jpg
    AM- Pushing 5977J.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 162
  • AM- Pilot 77J.jpg
    AM- Pilot 77J.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 132
  • Barney n Me 77J.jpg
    Barney n Me 77J.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 145
I've heard the aerobat described as the best aerobatic trainer bar none. It will do everything an aerobatic aircraft will do, just not with a great deal of alacrity.

Cool -- whats the useful load on an aerobat?

Be careful that you don't bump into anything with it. I would hate for you to have to own a DingBat! :D

On a more serious note, congrats on the new plane. My first plane was a '76 150M. It was not an Aerobat, but it was fun none the less. Enjoy your new baby! :)

Cool -- whats the useful load on an aerobat?

I have to look. My wife and I can fit with about 60 pounds of luggage I think. LOL I checked before I bought it. :yesnod:

Looks like a great plane to teach that granddaughter to fly!

You're going to have a ball! What fun, she's purdy....

Delmar?

what exactly is different b/c a "regular" 150 and an aerobat? I know it's for aerobatics, but I didn't know what they changed to get the rating.

Thanks for the support. Yes Kirk, a Gentleman flew it down to KMJD for me. A single day trip. He had to dodge some weather in Alabama but got her here safe and sound. I am currently learning about the plane and ownership responsibilities. This is the first time I ever refueled a plane. LOL Lots of firsts for me.

I am setting up the Hangar with a few items. I am having a wonderful time. :D

Back