Bahamas trip

I love the different water colors between the Caribbean Shelf and the "real" Atlantic Ocean. :yes:

Well, up on the Bahamas Bank the water is between 7 and 11 deep generally, the other side of the islands drops off into the deep abyss. There are a few nice staged walls up to a 30' reef then a nice shallow incline to the shore with coral heads that make for some spectacular diving with luminous ultraviolet sponges and all the different pelagics and reef fish together. I'll bounce down until it gets dark (around 300') and the come up, you get a great view of all the big fish hanging around the edge silhouetted against the sky above.

BTW, the Bahamas technically aren't the Caribbean, they are on a different tectonic plate.

Good thing you were in Ft P and not in the Bahamas when that happened!!!

With two engines and generators, the plane would fly on one generator, but you'd have to keep the electrical load down which means no AC. Not fun in a pressurized plane! Still, glad it happened here as you said. If it was the right generator, we wouldn't have been able to start that engine.

Last edited:
Have a long-time squadron mate of mine who just relo'd to Dunmore town down there in Harbour Island. He's a United pilot that just came back to the line from long term military tour (gotta love that mil leave to sidestep 'juniority' at the airlines). Going to the 787 in IAH.

The beaches in that island are amazing, probably the best of the lot in the bahamas. You'd probably have to travel to the island municipalities of Puerto Rico or further east into the lesser Antilles to find that kind of sandiness/shallowness and water color contrast. Good stuff.

Wow! That's quite the relo! Leave it to ex military folks to wind up all over the globe.

Dave,
If you have the time you need to check out a great resort called "The Cove" It is just down the road in Gregory Town. It has a fantastic restaurant. The resort is owned by a guy from New Orleans.

Last edited:
Scott: is that on Harbour Island?

Got the new part in today. Run up was good. Flew out late this afternoon and the entire family is back together again on Harbour Island.

It is south of the N. Eleuthera airport passed the Glass Window Bridge.

Back