Votes: 10 4.0%
  • Diamond

Votes: 3 1.2%
  • Comanche

Votes: 5 2.0%

• Total voters
azy5yduh.jpg

Evidence of meat grilling insanity. Ha.

TR182. Hauls my family plus bags and full fuel from Denver to Tulsa and Dallas in one hop with IFR reserves and Houston in two, can climb at 600 to 1000 fpm (if you can keep the temps down!) at any altitude up to FL200 and can cruise 175 KTAS up high with built-in ox. The turbo helps me handle super high DAs in the mountains. Built like a brick ****house, docile as a kitten and common - tons of parts and mechanics available. I love the turbo. I get to take all my horsepower all the way up. It is all available, if not all used.

Also once owned a 1966 Cessna 172G when I was single and living in TX. Time builder although I didn't build that much time in it because I moved to Denver, sold it, then quit flying PIC for about 10 years. It was a great little getaway plane.

I choose to own because renting sucks big fat donkey nuts.

Nobody owns a Cirrus? That must be one of the finest planes ever designed so I don't understand that. Safe, comfortable, fast, cheap to maintain (versus something of an equivalent performance). Very strange!

Is it maybe mostly owners of older vintage style planes around here?

Nobody owns a Cirrus? That must be one of the finest planes ever designed so I don't understand that. Safe, comfortable, fast, cheap to maintain (versus something of an equivalent performance). Very strange!

I would think so, because according to statistics, maybe one out of a hundred people have $500,000.00 to plop down on a luxury .... :dunno:

And those who realize the Cirrus is overpriced for modest performance, expensive to maintain, but does have a nice interior. Strange they sell so many. ;)

DSC04155.jpg

1965 mooney m20c. decent speed, modest fuel burn. So-so rear passenger room, but I rarely fly with more than 1 other person.

I always thought a turbo M20E would be a great traveling machine for one normal sized person.

Here's our long distance traveling machine, an M20TN:

Mooney%20N3833T%202011-09-10-005-XL.jpg

And here's my weekend fun machine, an RV-8:

N8812T%2020130531%200006-XL.jpg

I own a Parkzone F-27Q Stryker.

I chose it because I can fly it fast without worry, fuel is cheap but useful load might be a problem:

I own a Parkzone F-27Q Stryker.

I chose it because I can fly it fast without worry, fuel is cheap but useful load might be a problem:

God Not one of those noise makers that wakes up the Dead. :goofy:

Do you frequent this site. rcgroups.com.

Besides POA site My other frequent visit site is rcgroups.com

God Not one of those noise makers that wakes up the Dead. :goofy:

Do you frequent this site. rcgroups.com.

Besides POA site My other frequent visit site is rcgroups.com

Ha!

If you think these things make noise how do you feel about a Cessna 172? :lol:

I use to frequent at rc universe. When I was into flying Turbines.

I own a 1966 Mooney M20F. It's the last '66 F (4th out of 4 built). It doesn't look a lot like an F because there have been so many mods to it over the years to get it to be like a J.

I chose Mooney because my wife informed me that if I were buying a plane, it would have to be 4 seats. I also felt nervous taking on an experimental as a first plane. So the Mooney fit the requirements better than any other certified airplane, which was the most efficient 4 seat certified plane that flew behind a 360 size engine that fit the budget. I also have always really liked Mooneys even before I knew anything about them. I think they look cool.

If I ever do buy another plane, it will likely be a two seat experimental. I have only had one flight with two passengers in four years so far.

med_gallery_7392_13148_1140692.jpg

I got my ppl three years ago. I first bought a 150 sold it six months later after flying it 100hrs.
I bought a c177b for an economical plane.
Then I wanted my high performance complex so I purchased a North American snj5.

Now I want my multi so I purchased a Douglas C-53 (DC3). It's a nice plane. I can take 19 of my friends to go for that $1000 hamburger :)

My next plane is a difficult choice. Part of me wants a new faster plane so I'm looking at a Cessna 400.
Although the fun side of me wants to get a BAC Strikemaster or a L39. Too many planes too many choices.

But at the moment three planes are enough. With what I paid just for the insurance on the dc3 this year I could have bought another c150.

Planes are fun. Buy what you can afford to fly, and fly it!

6erysa4y.jpg

abyhesuv.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Boy, your Cardinal must be the ugly step child that has to stay home and do all the chores around the hangar while the other two girls go to the airshow! :D

Plus my marinated tri-tip roast on the grill I'm cooking up for fajitas and sandwiches and what-not, is a little fattier than anticipated, and I'm playing grill firefighter right now at 23:00. Ha. :)

Some of them are like that. Tri Tip is supposed to be on fire some to get that super thin carbon crust. Flip, FOOM, cover. I love Tri Tip and grill it a lot. Hmmm...:drool::cheerswine:

I would think so, because according to statistics, maybe one out of a hundred people have $500,000.00 to plop down on a luxury .... :dunno:

Clearly there are a few in this post that could easily afford a Cirrus, but chose not to. I am a little surprised that there isn't one yet posted, but on the other hand the usual Cirrus bashing that goes on has probably driven all the owners back to the COPA forums.

I own a 1966 Mooney M20F. It's the last '66 F (4th out of 4 built). It doesn't look a lot like an F because there have been so many mods to it over the years to get it to be like a J.

I chose Mooney because my wife informed me that if I were buying a plane, it would have to be 4 seats. I also felt nervous taking on an experimental as a first plane. So the Mooney fit the requirements better than any other certified airplane, which was the most efficient 4 seat certified plane that flew behind a 360 size engine that fit the budget. I also have always really liked Mooneys even before I knew anything about them. I think they look cool.

If I ever do buy another plane, it will likely be a two seat experimental. I have only had one flight with two passengers in four years so far.

med_gallery_7392_13148_1140692.jpg

I didn't know your mooney had the newer cowl, Dave. That looks really nice.

1965 Mooney M20E

e8y9ene6.jpg

I wanted something that goes fast, doesn't burn a lot of gas, IFR capable, and easily accommodates a tall pilot. Surprisingly enough, of the certified birds, Mooney fit the bill perfectly.

Last edited:
Here is Tigressa, an owner built and maintained RV-10 completed in 2011. Three years next month with 640 hours and counting. Quick build kit, IO-540, and GRT based glass panel. Turned out to be a better plane than I ever imagined. Kudos to Vans!
Tigressa%20at%20KAGC%2040%20percent%20original.jpg

I assume the picture will not display since I've never been successful before. I'm using the picture icon and a Dropbox link. If it doesn't work, assistance welcomed.

Here's my builder log Building Log

If you image is stored in your computer,, you click on it... Then click on upload image... Then in a few seconds it will be attached to your post... Then hit post.....

Here is Tigressa, an owner built and maintained RV-10 completed in 2011. Three years next month with 640 hours and counting. Quick build kit, IO-540, and GRT based glass panel. Turned out to be a better plane than I ever imagined. Kudos to Vans!
Tigressa at KAGC.JPG

If you image is stored in your computer,, you click on it... Then click on upload image... Then in a few seconds it will be attached to your post... Then hit post.....
Not sure I understand.

I uploaded it as an attachment then selected the attachment to display. That worked but the picture is very small (it can be clicked on).

How does one make it big and pretty?

Not sure I understand.

I uploaded it as an attachment then selected the attachment to display. That worked but the picture is very small (it can be clicked on).

all mine are small ( thumbnail) pics too.......

Attachments

• front yard.jpg
    front yard.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 27
Not sure I understand.

get a photobucket (or some other webhosting site) account that's free. you can link pictures using the picture icon. that's how I did it.

You can use Tapatalk too if you use iPad or iPhone... they have their own hosting capability for pictures.

View attachment 34918

I know the RV guys might not like this, but your photo shows how much the RV-10 bears a striking resemblance to an Cirrus SR-22.

Last edited:
attachment.php

Renting was financially ruinous if I wanted to maintain a reasonable currency, so I decided to buy. I bought Carlson because it was cheap, while resembling an airplane.

If I manage to put just 50 hours a year on Carlson, then the flight hour cost is about $35, including parking rental, insurance, MX, and fuel. I'm going to amortize the purchase price fully in less than 3 years of flying it.

My dream plane is FD CTLS. Unfortunately it costs anywhere between 7 and 10 times more than Carlson.

Attachments

• carlson3.jpg
    carlson3.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 165
Last edited:
View attachment 34918
I know the RV guys might not like this, but your photo shows how much the RV-10 bears a striking resemblance to an Cirrus SR-22.
I like the resemblance. The Cirrus is the hot, new SEL piston aircraft. The RV10 is the kit builder's interpretation of same.

The major difference is construction technique. What's the same is basic configuration. Both perform similarly. One is half the cost plus lots of sweat equity.

I've never flown a Cirrus but I hear a fair amount of carping about it's handling characteristics - probably overblown by haters. No one carps about the handling of the '10 because it's just so sweet.

I like the pic for another reason as well; I took my first C150 lessons in the hangar to the right way back in 1970. Taking the bus to this airport for lessons is what motivated me to get my drivers license.

In the 30s and 40s, my Grandfather used to take my Mother to watch the airplanes along the fence to the left. She took me there to do the same in the 50s and 60s. She took her first flight in Tigressa the day this picture was taken. I'm glad she's still able to fly in it with me today. The O2 tank I recently installed comes in handy for that.

Who can identify the airport?

Last edited:
Back