Dauntless Ride Ready

AggieMike88

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
The original "I don't know it all" of aviation.
Any info on Dauntless' "Ride Ready" product?

While we have discussed various written exam products, I don't recall much coverage of the oral preparation products other than the ASA prep guides.

Any one ever use the Dauntless Ride Ready products?

Last edited:
For a second there I thought I was going to be telling you that you suck for getting a flight in an SBD.

For a second there I thought I was going to be telling you that you suck for getting a flight in an SBD.

Funny... That's EXACTLY what I ws thinking!
The Dixie Wing of the CAF has one in Peachtree City, Ga, but it may be the only flyable one left.

Funny... That's EXACTLY what I ws thinking!
The Dixie Wing of the CAF has one in Peachtree City, Ga, but it may be the only flyable one left.

There is at least one other airworthy one at Planes of Fame in Chino, but I believe the Dixie Wing's is the only one that gives rides.

I did for my PPL...they were awesome. I'll definitely use them again for IFR.

I've recommended them for PPL students, good results

I'm currently using the iPad version to help prep for my ppl checkride. Pretty comprehensive...

I only used Sporty's Study Buddy for my PPL, the free version which was great. For my ADX, I used Sheppard Air. They are quality if you actually follow their study method. Every airline pilot I know uses Sheppard Air versus Dauntless and they guarantee you a 90% score or your money back (I believe that's most tests, but not all).

I only used Sporty's Study Buddy for my PPL, the free version which was great. For my ADX, I used Sheppard Air. They are quality if you actually follow their study method. Every airline pilot I know uses Sheppard Air versus Dauntless and they guarantee you a 90% score or your money back (I believe that's most tests, but not all).

I have used Sheppard to prep for my IFR written and scored well. But I don't think they offer a checkride prep product, which is what I was asking about.

Sheppard is great for memorizing the question answer pairings for passing the written exam. I would definitely use it for future ratings.

But I am at the point where I am now working on enhancing my ability to comprehend and demonstrate application of the required knowledge.

Back