looking for a decent website to find FBOs with food ($100 hamburgers)

tpowers

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
tpowers
First off this is my first post on this site so if this has been covered already or if this is not the correct forum for this question I apologise.

I recently earned my private pilot's licence a little over a month ago. I'd like to find a good website which shows me which FBOs have food, not within driving distance of the field but actually there at the airport.

Most sites that I've seen so far show FBO information including fuel, tiedowns, etc but nothing about food, even at fields were I know food is available.

Any suggestions?

Try fly2lunch,the 100 dollar hamburg is not always up to date.

Try fly2lunch,the 100 dollar hamburg is not always up to date.
Fly2lunch has the same problem in this neck of the woods. Always call before you go to make sure of hours or that it still even exists.

I'm surprised no one replied pilots of America...
Do a search on the site and if you don't find a thread covering the area then start one. That's how I found a few places to eat in flying through Kentucky and South Carolina and I'm from michigan....

And when you find one please post a review cause I'm Shirley ( but don't call me that) not the only one interested.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

First off this is my first post on this site so if this has been covered already or if this is not the correct forum for this question I apologise.

I recently earned my private pilot's licence a little over a month ago. I'd like to find a good website which shows me which FBOs have food, not within driving distance of the field but actually there at the airport.

Most sites that I've seen so far show FBO information including fuel, tiedowns, etc but nothing about food, even at fields were I know food is available.

Any suggestions?

Welcome and Congrats!!!

I found that most of those websites for this have not been updated in years. There are many mistakes.

100dollarhamburger.com is a subscription based website. For $19.95 I can make phone calls.

Or better yet just use Yelp or Google to find the best places around your destination airport.

An idea,might be to post under cool places to fly,airports with diners on field.

100dollarhamburger.com is a subscription based website. For $19.95 I can make phone calls.

Not only that, but they (intentionally) don't include the date that people posted pireps of the restaurants, so you have no idea if the review you're reading is from last week, or 2003.

Definitely the worst choice of the bunch, in my opinion.

Or better yet just use Yelp or Google to find the best places around your destination airport.

It does not always work. For example, Google has no idea about the Old Mill restaurant in Estancia, NM (E92). The joint is located within 5..6 minute walk from the tiedowns.

Back