Breaking Bad...Anyone

Corpsmaide

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
Corpsmaide
I know I'm late in the game, as I usually am with any tv series but this is a neat show. Been on Netflix this weekend catching up. Almost....almost, sympathized with the bad guy. Go DEA. Follow leads and continue the hunt. Pretty accurate references made about the 4th amendment. There's a lot going on which is keeping me hooked!

The last series I got into was LOST. Watched it last year. Anyway, say no to drugs:yes:

My wife and I enjoyed it.

Up to a point.

In the last season, there was an episode titled "Box Cutter".

Maybe I'm overly sensitive, but I get a funny feeling in my stomach just typing about it.

It left us both so uncomfortable we decided to pass on the rest of the season.

It's not like there had not been violence and gore prior to this - in spades - but that one episode just seemed to cross a line for us.

Yes, there is a bit of gore involved. Not as bad as Walking Dead but a good bit.

I used my free month of netflix to watch BB from start to finish....hadn't seen a single minute of the show until it was over. I got hooked from the opening scene. Great series!

I know I'm late in the game, as I usually am with any tv series but this is a neat show. Been on Netflix this weekend catching up. Almost....almost, sympathized with the bad guy. Go DEA. Follow leads and continue the hunt. Pretty accurate references made about the 4th amendment. There's a lot going on which is keeping me hooked!

The last series I got into was LOST. Watched it last year. Anyway, say no to drugs:yes:
Forget the DEA. They have no concept of family (at least in this show).

As you can tell, I'm on Hisenburgs side. Like you I watched it on Netflix like other shows. Breaking Bad is the best

Yep, wife and I got hooked on it. Was captivating right up to the exciting final episode. Amazingly well written.

BB is awesome. Notice something....every time they show hanks wife or his house notice the colors...purple everywhere..and I mean everywhere. It is great to see how the characters evolve in the show.

Enjoy the show, it truly is the greatest show, it's a shame it had to end.

Awesome replies. Definitely interesting watching the characters evolve. Do you think Walt already had the characteristics/personality to be in "the game" or do you think the game made him into that "person"

I believe we all have predispositions to certain traits. He, like others, were that type of person before the game.

I think once Walt got the taste, he evolved into Heisenberg. I'm not sure he had it in him to start. I don't want to spoil anything so I can't give examples.

A great series, and some of the individual episodes were terrific. Some were very violent, and may have put some people off, but I think it was in context with the episode and series.

I watched the first couple seasons. Around halfway through the 3rd I got kinda tired of it, started to feel a little repetitive to me.

Argue with Jesse
Make meth
Jesse tries to sell meth
Find someone to sell meth to
Guy turns out bad
Walt fixes
repeat

The show hit very close to home for me. Very accurate to Albuquerque, unfortunately.

I enjoyed it tho

My all time favorite was season 3's finale

I had to look it up to remember, but that was very good. The episode just before had a great speech from one of the characters that was a turning point in how Walt behaved.

Walt's character was very intriguing....constantly vacillating between the bumbling idiot and the cold-blooded, ruthless criminal. And Jesse was priceless.....he couldn't communicate if you removed the word B*tch from the lexicon!

Walt's character was very intriguing....constantly vacillating between the bumbling idiot and the cold-blooded, ruthless criminal. And Jesse was priceless.....he couldn't communicate if you removed the word B*tch from the lexicon!

Lmao I had forgotten his favorite word. That's funny you said it like that. Haha

I think once Walt got the taste, he evolved into Heisenberg. I'm not sure he had it in him to start. I don't want to spoil anything so I can't give examples.

A great series, and some of the individual episodes were terrific. Some were very violent, and may have put some people off, but I think it was in context with the episode and series.

Seriously. I mean, it was a series about the illegal meth trade. Not a lot of warm fuzzies floating around in that game.

But the violence wasn't gratuitous. It was there for realism. The show didn't need gratuitous violence. It had other thingd going for it. For example, both the individual character development and the development of the relationships between the characters (especially Walt and Jesse) were among the best in the history of drama. It was a serendipitous confluence of good writing, good actors, and good chemistry between the actors.

-Rich

I got hooked and enjoyed it, but I think it should have ended at season 4. Season 5 was nice, but could have done without it.

Season 5 really took off at the halfway mark. The viewers, the writers, and at particular points the characters knew things were coming to an end.

The last scene of the last episode of the first half of season 5 was great.

There was the "Say my name!" scene in the middle of the second half of season 5 that set the stage. And the last 4 episodes were like an avalanche.

Last edited:
Season 5 really took off at the halfway mark. The viewers, the writers, and at particular points the characters knew things were coming to an end.

The last scene of the last episode of the first half of season 5 was great.

There was the "Say my name!" scene in the middle of the second half of season 5 that set the stage. And the last 4 episodes were like an avalanche.

The suspense...let me guess, Jesse is an ICE AGENT in deep cover and will make the bust.

Just started season 5. Why the **** is he trying to get in the business again!! Give it up, run the wash, or better yet turn yourself in cause you're a criminal. Oh yeah...Spoiler Alert.

Ps. Didn't know we couldn't say the other word for Urine.

I almost quit watching it because it made me pretty uncomfortable at times. There is some pretty sick s**t in there. I did see it through to the end, but I honestly never felt good about it. Definately good writing and good acting for the most part. It was kind of like watching my kids being born. It was gross, scary, and beautiful at the same time. I wanted to look away but could't quit watching.

Back