wowee wow wow wow

Those where the days,people also respected there fellow passengers.

By filling the cabin with toxic smoke?

Or maybe it was by not whining and complaining about every little thing?

I don't smoke, but I'm not going to have a seizure if someone does in close proximity to me.

Or maybe it was by not whining and complaining about every little thing?

Smoking near someone, actually making them stink and putting nasty junk in their lungs == Fine

Commenting on it == Whining and forbidden.

Roger that. Those truly were the salad days...

How did we ever manage without wheels on suitcases! :D
1987: A Northwest Airlines pilot invents the original Rollaboard wheeled bag, making it possible to avoid checking luggage entirely. Later that year, the FAA steps in with carry-on guidelines. [1]
Probably didn't charge for bags.
1938: The first baggage rules are put in place: with limited space on planes, the Civil Aeronautics Board restricts coach passengers to 40 pounds for domestic flights and 44 for international.
1977: As planes expand, so do luggage allowances. Airlines now typically permit passengers to check two bags weighing up to 70 pounds each, free of charge.
1981: Budget carrier Peoplexpress (now defunct) charges passengers 50 cents for soda and $3 for all checked bags—the first domestic line to charge for luggage regardless of weight. [1]
[1] http://www.travelandleisure.com/articles/history-of-airline-baggage

A Northwest Airlines pilot invents the original Rollaboard wheeled bag, making it possible to avoid checking luggage entirely. Later that year, the FAA steps in with carry-on guidelines.
Great invention, those rollaboards. I remember the old style suitcases. I also remember smoking on airplanes and much prefer the way it is now.

Great invention, those rollaboards. I remember the old style suitcases. I also remember smoking on airplanes and much prefer the way it is now.

I'd take 2nd hand smoke any day over the odor of some people.

Wasn't it after the Air Canada plane at CVG that the FAA banned smoking?

I'd take 2nd hand smoke any day over the odor of some people.

We flew ATL to San Diego about 18-20 years ago, my sister in law went with us, my wife, daughter and me in one row and across the aisle my poor SIL! She was sitting next to a woman from India that must have had an allergy to soap and water, but the best (worst) part was she constantly passed gas!:yikes::yikes: My sister in law looked like she was going to throw up several times! :rofl::rofl:

Man saw that photo and first thing I thought of was that horrible accident in the Potomac. A very bad day.

What a small plane compared to a modern 737. What was the passenger load for something like that?

All the people look skinny too, that probably had something to do with the allowable bags. ;)

Back