My first video attempt...

fiveoboy01

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Dirty B
I'll preface this by saying I have put a few videos on YouTube but most of them have sucked other than one or two. I've always found videos hard to convert, edit, and upload. Plus my old GoPro always gave me fits, not working half the time and always seeming to need software updates. Also their Cineform software was seemingly impossible to use. I sold that POS.

Couple weeks ago I went to Nevada for a 10 day vacation, was going to do some mountain biking and also rent an airplane, and decided that I HAD to video those activities, so off to Sport Chalet and purchased a Hero 3+ Silver along with several accessories. Still had my headset mic splitter/adapter, and had brought it with me.

The camera performed flawlessly and I was also able to update its firmware via my cellphone which was a big improvement. And GoPro's Cineform software suddenly seems more user-friendly than it did a year ago. So, I threw something together. This was originally about 1.6 hours of footage and I cut a lot of it out(mostly me babbling and screwing up calls in unfamilliar airspace). So, enjoy(or laugh at me).

ETA - doesn't want to embed, but I am probably doing it wrong.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ggw-tBrHUOw&list=UUZ-tdB5Cg291M5LKk9Jd-lQ

Last edited:
Looks good! I just spent 24 hours at BVU last week, departed 27, 3 times due to mechanical issue after takeoff twice. Initially landed on 15 . Ominous looking hills when taking off 27 and 33 for sure. I love the FBO, BFE aviation really means it,

Great flight! Best way to see the valley, especially for a new pilot not used to desert, mountains and Class B! Take a seeing-eye CFI !!

You need to work on landing on the center line. This will bite you if you let those bad habits develop further. You will not always be landing on a runway a mile wide.

I am working on my center line work as well...I have issues drifting a bit when there is a crosswind component and after I kick the rudder over to straighten it out.

You need to work on landing on the center line. This will bite you if you let those bad habits develop further. You will not always be landing on a runway a mile wide.

Whenever I land on those runways that are a mile wide I'm always amazed at how terribly short they are. (One of the oldies, but goodies)

I read somewhere that the centerlines are put there for the pros. LOL

I didn't see his post but now that it's quoted, yeah I agree. I may have a certificate but I'm still very much a student in many respects:)

I took a look at a couple of your videos. The "Breaking Out" one was very enjoyable. Loved your PAX's reaction:)

Thanks. I started making them as a learning tool for myself. I'm sometimes shocked at the things I do or don't do. Same with talking on the radio.

Back