Daily Pic

En-route to KISM for a trip to disney...take a few miles to the east of the park.

Attachments

• photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    558.5 KB · Views: 48
  • photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    546 KB · Views: 55
As a non-pilot (yet), that sure does look confusing, LOL

Nothing confusing about it at all! KORD is just a big sea of concrete that you and I know to never land at or get too close to! :)

Seen here is the small runway/airport known as the Farrenberg aerodrome (FAR1). It sits atop a hill of the same name in the Baden-Württemberg region of Germany. You can see the tiny airport and runway on Google Maps (interestingly, in the Google Maps link you can see a handful of sailplanes preparing for launch)

Due to Farrenberg’s elevation, it is often above the cloud ceiling and makes for dramatic pictures like these when viewed from above.

Source: apiratenamedbob on reddit ~ http://goo.gl/2rf2mu

attachment.php

Attachments

• airplane-landing-strip-on-hill-above-fog-farrenberg-aerodrome-germany-far1.jpg
    airplane-landing-strip-on-hill-above-fog-farrenberg-aerodrome-germany-far1.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 322
Last edited:
Saturday Morning @ Cedar Mills just before sunrise

999971766347.JPG

Here's a shot of the everglades in south Florida on my trip down to Florida in December.

Attachments

• 20131211_173518.jpg
    20131211_173518.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 66
I grew up less than a quarter mile from the airport in Big Bear; never taken off from it though (trained in APV and flown past it to Twentynine Palms/Palm springs). How was it?

I apologize for such a late response, I don't remember posting the pic.

It was a very clear evening, very very windy. Was like riding in a washing machine.

Over the top of KLAS on approach to KVGT with the Vegas Strip visible in the middle.

IMG_2527-XL.jpg

Over Carver's Harbor, Vinalhaven Island, Maine, about 26nm off Rockland; approximately five minutes to landing. Familiar with the famous LOVE sculpture?
Artist Robert Indiana lives on Vinalhaven.

HR

Attachments

• DSC09056 (1).JPG
    DSC09056 (1).JPG
    17 MB · Views: 86
Last edited:
Over the top of KLAS on approach to KVGT with the Vegas Strip visible in the middle.

IMG_2527-XL.jpg

Welcome to Vegas, the Numbers-Numbers transition over McCarran to VGT. Very hard to get depending on runway configuration at LAS.

I used to live there and spent hours planespotting.

The "normal" flow has most landing and departing traffic 25 left and right, but that does change depending on the winds. It was very cool to see it from a different vantage point. Highlight of my 10-day vacation there a couple weeks ago.

Here's more Florida
Lake Disston, just NW of Daytona Beach

attachment.php

Attachments

• sunset.jpg
    sunset.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 501
Took this one while climbing out over the Great South Bay on my way for a short flight over Fire Island. It is a top one I've taken for sure!!

Attachments

• 27.jpg
    27.jpg
    390.9 KB · Views: 75
Hudson River Exclusion, SFRA.
Local ops @900 MSL, heading for the Lady on this beautiful spring day!

Governors to the Lady

Wilbur Wright circles the Statue of Liberty, September 29, 1909.
"It was an interesting trip, and at times rather exciting."​
– Wilbur Wright (200' MSL):lol:

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 20
  • 2.png
    2.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 20
Last edited:
I work at FXL. We fly over Lake Diston about every day.

Flagler? I need to stop by one of these days. XFL is one of those "local enough" airports where I've got it in my logbook, but don't remember ever getting out of the airplane. I fly out of KDED

Over Carver's Harbor, Vinalhaven Island, Maine, about 26nm off Rockland; approximately five minutes to landing. Familiar with the famous LOVE sculpture?

HR

Hey another Mainer on here. Great picture, I need to fly down there more often.

Flagler? I need to stop by one of these days. XFL is one of those "local enough" airports where I've got it in my logbook, but don't remember ever getting out of the airplane. I fly out of KDED

There used to be a good restaurant there. I took my first non-family passenger there for lunch after I received by certificate. To this day it was the worst landing I have ever made. Flared and landed just about 2' AGL.

John

HR

Jerry, have you ever met Austin Harding of Vinalhaven? "Austie" considered himself "from away" even though his family had (I'm talking maybe 30 years ago when I met him) lived on the Island for about 5 generations. Austie never considered himself a local.

His mother bought a second house on the Island and had it moved about 300 yards because it blocked her view.

Fun folks on the Island!

-Skip

There are some amazing photos on here...keep em coming!!

HighJackers is still at XFL and a great restaurant. If you ever land there take a walk behind the restaurant by the t-hangers and see our helicopter. We love to show it off. A red white and blue Astar.

More boring GA pics:)

Back to KLNR for breakfast. The flight school held a fly-in for current and former students. I flew there and my friend flew back.

unnamed%20%282%29-L.jpg

And editing the footage. On the way back to KMSN.

ss2-L.jpg

They're like the town hoes. Everyone's had em haha.

Well, 21E at least! I soloed and took my checkride in that bird, and countless others have as well. And those who trained in the 152's probably got their first post-Private aircraft checkout in 21E as well.

05J is slightly more pure. ;)

One Happy Kiddo!

Attachments

• IMG_3566.JPG
    IMG_3566.JPG
    3 MB · Views: 48
  • IMG_3568.JPG
    IMG_3568.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 50
Bummer. Cowl plugs in. No ShopVac handy either.

6e8epe6y.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back