Daily Pic

Here's a couple from this week. BFM with Thai Grippens. (Top right corner of second pic)

5ezy3y4e.jpg

gyrahyny.jpg

I have to know, what's it like to fly a Jenny or something of that vintage?

Sincerely,

Wishful owner of an SE5.

Last edited:
You tryin' to sell that airplane or something? :rofl:

Actually, they've been flying it about once a month, weather permitting, until the new terminal building gets completed at the WF Municipal Airport, then the Jenny will make one more flight across town from its current home base (Kickapoo Airport, KCWC) to Sheppard (KSPS) then it will become a permanent indoor decoration inside the new terminal. :sad:

Last edited:
I have to know, what's it like to fly a Jenny or something of that vintage?

I've never got to ride in it and probably never will, but a friend of mine has and got to take the stick too. World-reknowned aerobatics pilot David Martin is the main pilot who flies our Jenny here in WF.

It's said to be extremely underpowered and the controls are heavy, uncertain, and sluggish responding... requiring great care and attention at all times.

The engine redlines at 1700 RPM and at full power on takeoff sounds like it's turning maybe 1200-1300 tops.

Here's a transcribed copy of a JN-4 POH: http://www.airminded.net/jenny/jn4_spec.html

Flew my brother to KLNR this time for lunch.

On the flight back approach vectored me directly over the Madison Isthmus. Nice views, crappy camera. Or my brother needs to learn how to snap pictures:

969933_10203673607910661_873067460_n.jpg

Going through some old files today and found this pic from June 1983. My friend's wife snapped this from their Cessna 172. Just east of Frederick MD on a typical hazy day. My first airplane, (with four other guys;-)) 1946 Aeronca Chief.

Attachments

• Aeronca Chief 1983.jpg
    Aeronca Chief 1983.jpg
    431.2 KB · Views: 66
This one's from a little while ago...

Dreaming of summer flights!!!

1073971_610642982350864_683017776_o.jpg

Telluride CO

1609556_10201775859982619_1200905324_n.jpg

It is a fun airport to fly into. Not so much in a jet, but if I was flying something smaller and slower I would enjoy it even more.

I love Telluride and get there 1-2 times a year for skiing. Have not landed there yet as we pack too heavy for the week. Am sure it's a beautiful approach even in a jet;)

Dear EvilEagle,
you suck.
Love VanDy

Great pics! can't wait to see more!
QUOTE=EvilEagle;1409734]Here's a couple from this week. BFM with Thai Grippens. (Top right corner of second pic)

5ezy3y4e.jpg

gyrahyny.jpg
[/QUOTE]

30 years later. Passing on the fun!

Attachments

• 30 years.jpg
    30 years.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 102
Almost looked like a sailors outfit. But I looking on my phone so the picture is kinda small.

Almost looked like a sailors outfit. But I looking on my phone so the picture is kinda small.

oI know i was just giving you a hard time, its overall shorts, that was all the rage in 1986!

Did you win? :D

Of course I did. The Grippen is a cool little jet but I don't think it was fair. The guy I was supposed to fight (also an instructor pilot) was sick so I ended up fighting one of their young guys. It wasn't pretty for him, but it was good learning. He'll get better.

Flying over KORD on my way to STL this morning.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    585 KB · Views: 59
'Twas a good day.
u3ehy9ah.jpg
3a9ysu9a.jpg

zapamuge.jpg
ezuqebu6.jpg
a7utuver.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm just a student, but here are a couple quick iPhone shots I've grabbed recently:

jO77Zr3.jpg

San Pablo Bay

MwJBMMg.jpg

San Francisco Bay

vzbxE9a.jpg

The 30 Café at KHAF

Also, it's not strictly speaking a photo, but I took this on the way back from KHAF a couple of days ago.

I finally get to post in this thread instead of just being a spectator! Here's a shot from my first solo cross-country this morning, from MYF to HMT, along the San Diego coast over Del Mar.

IMG_1369-smaller.JPG

Last edited:
Back