??? Who is going to Sun n Fun 2014

capg2000

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Capt. Gary
Lets start to plan. I will be camping 3-4 nites...
Any-1? Else going, or will I be alone & quiet?

We are planning that right now! Want to take the grand daughters to an airshow and then to visit the mouse.

Probably only a few days at SnF.

Plan to be there,go every year. Usually there on opening day stay in Kissimmee .

I will go one way or another. Last year I rode the tour bus with the A&P school. Basically a free ride. Year before I camped under the wing. Would love to do that again but not likely to happen.

Im planning on going. Not sure if I will drive or fly down, will depend of the wx forecast. Either way I plan on camping.

The American Navion Society holds it's board meeting at SNF and my wife is doing an session on aviation education as well.

Definitely going, alas because I have to be in Ratfester the day before we're flying commercial and staying in the HGI on field. We've been to Oshkosh 25 times but this will be the first Sun n Fun (I went down for the board meeting last year, but had to come back immediately after so saw nothing of the show other than some aircraft arrivals).

Last edited:
...I'll fly to KBOW on Friday.......couple days at the show!!!

Anyone planning on visiting SnF, may want to take the opportunity to visit Flight of Fantasy for the last time, Kermit Weeks has announced he is closing the facility to the public from April 6th reason cited as unsustainable based on visitor numbers...

Anyone planning on visiting SnF, may want to take the opportunity to visit Flight of Fantasy for the last time, Kermit Weeks has announced he is closing the facility to the public from April 6th reason cited as unsustainable based on visitor numbers...

"It will reopen to the public in late 2014 as a scaled down museum rather than an attraction open four days a week, with admissions prices reduced from the current $29.95 for adults and $15.95 for children, operations manager Kandice Stephens said. Extra cost features such as “wing walk” challenges and a zip line ride will be eliminated."

"It will reopen to the public in late 2014 as a scaled down museum rather than an attraction open four days a week, with admissions prices reduced from the current $29.95 for adults and $15.95 for children, operations manager Kandice Stephens said. Extra cost features such as “wing walk” challenges and a zip line ride will be eliminated."

Thanks, I hadn't seen that press release, only other information I heard was that the main activity on the site for the foreseeable future would be the restoration and maintenance of aircraft. Whether that is solely for Kermit Weeks owned aircraft or they plan on taking in paying customers aircraft as well I don't know.

My plane partner and I are planning to fly in on Sunday or Monday. Any advice on motels/hotels in the area with shuttle service? My partner doesn't want to camp, and I was hoping to avoid renting a car.

Thanks, I hadn't seen that press release, only other information I heard was that the main activity on the site for the foreseeable future would be the restoration and maintenance of aircraft. Whether that is solely for Kermit Weeks owned aircraft or they plan on taking in paying customers aircraft as well I don't know.

Makes more sense as a museum than a "theme park" given that Weeks will probably be keeping these aircraft one way or another.

I will be there, if anyone is interested in PoA meet up, let's get something planned!

I'll probably drive up on Wed. Haven't gone before and been here a couple years.

RT

I'll be there Saturday and staying for the night airshow, which I haven't seen before.

Going to be there for opening day on Tues.

I had always gone (last 20 yrs) but cannot go anymore due to health issues.

I am going up in the bus with the A&P school on Sat. I will be spending the day between seminars and hands-on training. Would love to meet up with any other POA'ers for lunch.

Will be at the show on Friday. 5th year over in Florida visiting from the UK.

And for anyone who will be in the area either driving or flying, on Thursday Chalet Suzanne X25 are hosting a Lunch time BBQ usually a good turn out of fly-ins and drive ins

If the weather plays fair it will be my inaugural flight into a grass strip as PIC I went there by car yesterday for a reccie, walked the runway and had a good chat with the owner of Chalet Suzanne Nick who is also a very experienced pilot commercial pilot so not quite as nervous as I was. It is a really good strip, sod on sand and not at all soft.
Length is 2300ft
CTAF 122.8
Would be great to see some fellow POA members there.

Allan

And for anyone who will be in the area either driving or flying, on Thursday Chalet Suzanne X25 are hosting a Lunch time BBQ usually a good turn out of fly-ins and drive ins
Allan

I thought they did that on Fridays? Some of the guys from our airport been going. Maybe they added a day for S&F.

RT

I thought they did that on Fridays? Some of the guys from our airport been going. Maybe they added a day for S&F.

RT

Free lunch Fridays is still on every week, in fact this last Friday was the best homemade meatloaf I've ever tasted....

The Thursday Sun N Fun week BBQ is becoming a bit of a tradition at Chalet Suzanne, it would be great to see it well supported

Free lunch Fridays is still on every week, in fact this last Friday was the best homemade meatloaf I've ever tasted....

The Thursday Sun N Fun week BBQ is becoming a bit of a tradition at Chalet Suzanne, it would be great to see it well supported

Ah .. ok. I gotta get up there .. everyone said it was great.

I went to S&F for the first time on Wed. Boy ... I need to win the lottery before going next year. Lots of cool stuff there.

RT

Was out flying Friday,forgot all about free lunch Fridays. Did the show on Tuesday,had a great time.

Went today, except for the 22 and the blues,,I was pretty disappointed. Lots of piston planes and they were good as was Patty Wagstaff, but the event seemed very small and few acts.
Maybe I am wrong, but that's the way I saw it.
I never did find the Foreflight booth/tent.
Good day for the show too!

Went today, except for the 22 and the blues,,I was pretty disappointed. Lots of piston planes and they were good as was Patty Wagstaff, but the event seemed very small and few acts.
Maybe I am wrong, but that's the way I saw it.
I never did find the Foreflight booth/tent.
Good day for the show too!

Was down there for the full show on Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday. The shows got progressively thinner and less coordinated as the week went on. Wednesday was great, loved it. Thursday had great acts but with huge gaps in between them, and the Blues ended up flying before the national anthem which I didn't understand. Friday just seemed like there was zero coordination between the performers and the airboss and associated crew. Still had a great time though.

Ah .. ok. I gotta get up there .. everyone said it was great.

Chalet Suzanne BBQ was a great success, there must have been around 200 people drop by.
guest speaker was retired Navy Fighter pilot Brad Smith a former Vietnam POW. Very interesting guy to listen to.

Back