The Army's warehouse.

That is something! Turning the collection into a true public museum would be quite the feat! Thanks for posting that.

Gary

Sell it all, use the money to pay for the Army's desert camping trips.

If you can get a personal tour of the aviation museum at Ft Rucker it's quite impressive. You can sit in an RAH-66 Commanche or in the first Bell AH-1 Cobra. Gotta P-51 hidden in the storage hanger as well. Don't know why they don't put them in a public display.

Most all major charities first and foremost mission is to look after it's executives. I think the Salvation Army is about the only exception.

-John

I don't think they are the exception. The Salvation Army's overhead is quite large. Like many large charitable organizations, a relatively small percentage of the money brought in actually goes to those in need.

The whole large overhead thing can be quite disingenuous. I recall a Ted talk from the head of an NGO raising money for breast cancer research. Their results were extremely effective, and they raised far more than any other cancer charity. However, their method was somewhat labor intensive forcing high overhead costs. When those costs were reported the charity was forced to shutter due to the negative publicity, and cancer lost a potent enemy.

It is possible that high overhead means pampered executives. This isn't always so.

Back