Lets hear some aviation quotes

It takes two things to fly....Money and more money...

No one has said the classic yet?

"There are old pilots, and there are bold pilots, but there are no old and bold pilots."

I like the cockpit voice recording of a commercial jet where they are about to crash on one of the large Canadian Islands:

"You were right, Captain."

You can only tie for the lowest altitude

Isaac Newton's law "What goes up must come down" does not apply to aircraft with retractable gear.

"I wonder what this button does?"

-Christa McAuliffe

"I wonder what this button does?"

-Christa McAuliffe

The Challenger was not brought down by an incorrect input.

I think what you meant is "If the primary O-ring fails, the secondary will seal," from Larry Mulloy, NASA SRB chief at MSFC. Feynman had a field day with his astounding misunderstanding of redundancy.

The Challenger was not brought down by an incorrect input.

I think what you meant is "If the primary O-ring fails, the secondary will seal," from Larry Mulloy, NASA SRB chief at MSFC. Feynman had a field day with his astounding misunderstanding of redundancy.

Dude it was a joke (although perhaps distasteful.) And not my own.

And Christa McAuliffe had blue eyes.............

One blew to the left and the other one blew to the right....:sad:....:rolleyes2:

Dude it was a joke (although perhaps distasteful.) And not my own.

Well, those things are funny when they have an ounce of truth in them. That one didn't.

How about, "We can just reuse the fuel control system from an Arianne 4 on an Arianne 5, right?"

Well, those things are funny when they have an ounce of truth in them. That one didn't.

How about, "We can just reuse the fuel control system from an Arianne 4 on an Arianne 5, right?"

feet, meters, what's the diff?

Mental note to self. Bite tongue at the next Norcal POA fly in, when contemplating joke.

"Let me show ya sumthin I learned in the Navy.."

Best said on short final with a new copilot.

'Man, that is the widest runway I've ever seen'.

'Yeah, but look how short it is.'

Back