Rare New in Box Continental Airlines Galley

Kn562311

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Khaled
Rare New in Box Continental Airlines Galley Carts

I am a college student in Texas. My dad works for United. A while back, when continental merged with united, continental had an auction and got rid of all it's stuff. My dad was lucky enough to get most of the galleys. We have small, medium, and large used galleys. But, he surprisingly got about 5 new in the box never opened medium sized continental galleys as well. We sold 3 of the new ones and we have 2 left.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/131105946582?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1586.l2648

I know some people might think it's overpriced, but just imagine how nice this would look in your man cave or how much it would mean to a continental pilot. It's a great conversation peace and there will never be anything ever like this one again. And about the used continental galleys, THEY HAVE LITERALLY been around the world on continental planes. How awesome is that. From what i found, used galleys go for a couple of hundred, new ones go for a grand, so since continental merged with united the galley became a collectible, so we estimated it at around 2 grand. We are in no hurry to sell them because we know they are only going to go up in value. But if you have a reasonable offer please let me know, it is 2,150 on eBay because of all the ridiculous fees.
Also, if you are interested in the used continental carts, please message me.

P.S. I am just a college student, I looked in the classifieds and saw no galleys, so sorry if my information is wrong. That is the information I gathered.

Last edited:
These are carts, I'm sorry for the confusion.

...won't *quite* roll down the aisle in my Bonanza. (grin)

I thought you were talking about something I haven't seen in ages ..:)

25 or so years ago, the Boeing Surplus Store in Seattle had a genuine galley for sale...from a 707, I think. Price was about $150. Liked it, but had no room. Bought a 727 co-pilot seat, instead.

Ron Wanttaja

Last edited:
Do you have any NOS stewardess to go with the cart?

Re: Rare New in Box Continental Airlines Galley Carts

I am a college student in Texas. My dad works for United. A while back, when continental merged with united, continental had an auction and got rid of all it's stuff. My dad was lucky enough to get most of the galleys. We have small, medium, and large used galleys. But, he surprisingly got about 5 new in the box never opened medium sized continental galleys as well. We sold 3 of the new ones and we have 2 left.

Considering your ebay username and the short tenure of your membership, I highly doubt your whole story and don't think you have much to contribute here at POA besides shilling your ebay auctions.

:rolleyes2:

My first sentence literally explained that I am a college student, not a pilot. The classifieds description says "Got something to buy? Sell? Trade? As long as its aviation related...". I don't know how to prove to you that my dad works for United, but anyways thanks for looking.

My first sentence literally explained that I am a college student, not a pilot. The classifieds description says "Got something to buy? Sell? Trade? As long as its aviation related...". I don't know how to prove to you that my dad works for United, but anyways thanks for looking.

Well, if you can name your dad, I'm sure I can find him on United's seniority list. :rolleyes2:

Back