Winter finally comes to California

TazzyTazzy

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Mitch
Been flying all "winter" here. It's been anywhere from the low 60s to the mid 70s with no clouds and no winds for the last several months. :wink2:

Been doing minimal ground school due to good weather. CFI says it's time for us to start hitting the books now. No fun. We are still hoping to get two night flights in before the sun stays up an hour later starting in March.

i-pfZz2Qk.png

Still pretty benign as winters go.

It looks like there will be a hole in it Monday. I wouldn't go out at night in this, but it's VFR here and MVFR due to visibility over almost the whole region aside from Golden Gate. Even KEDU is reporting 4 miles vis and 3300 ceiling. Wind is moderate -- 12 gusting 18 along the (reverse) runway.

I wouldn't go far as 4 miles can turn to 2.5 pretty quickly. But there aren't many IFR airports out there. The usual suspects -- Half Moon Bay, Santa Rosa, etc. -- are IFR, but even KSFO is MVFR.

Ya this winter weather canceled my dual cross country from KRBL to O08 to KLHM and back to KRBL yesterday.....re scheduled for next Thursday and crossing my fingers.

It's been anywhere from the low 60s to the mid 70s with no clouds and no winds for the last several months. :wink2:

...can’t wait for the increased climb rate in the c150!

Back