Out of annual by one day...

Fine by me. I have plenty of alibis. :)

What flight..:idea::dunno::dunno:..............................;)

Two of us with common sense. It was delayed due to weather, close enough for government work.

Unless the FSDO is open on the day I need to fly the plane...... What flight? 19 miles? :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Two of us with common sense. It was delayed due to weather, close enough for government work.

Unless the FSDO is open on the day I need to fly the plane...... What flight? 19 miles? :rolleyes:

You dangerous scofflaw, you.

But the Chief Council says your left arm will turn evil and there's plenty of case law to support it.

It's a club plane, he'll need to get a ferry permit to keep the powers that be happy.

Yep, its in Colorado but covered by SLC. I will be calling them first thing in the morning.

Hell just call Hector at Aircraft repair in Glenwood Spgs. He has done ferry permits for me in the past. His # is 970.309.3334

Am I the only one that would just fly the damn thing? :rolleyes:
Why would i take any chance with insurance validity when i can get a piece of paper in 15 mins that eliminates any doubt ?

Did you read the original message?

While in training, I was informed by my instructor that an airplane that is out of inspection but was in regular use was allowed to be flown one flight from the current location to the airport where the mechanic was located so that the inspection could be completed.

Anyone know if this is the case? I know the FAA has a Ferry Request that I can apply for, I have already sent an email to the Salt Lake FSDO about it, but I am wondering if my former instructor was full of it.

I assuming he was looking for the legally correct answer, not the "Government-be-damned I'm too lazy to be bothered with the paperwork" approach.

Well......... Seeing how the OP send an email " I have already sent an email to the Salt Lake FSDO about it, but I am wondering if my former instructor was full of it.

Thanks!
Cody

Two business days ago and has not updated his approach, I can conclude a few things....

1- The FSDO didn't act on his request in a timely manner and now the plane even further out of annual.

2- ?????????????????????????????????

:idea:;)

If the airplane is not insured, not in very nice shape I might fly it. But.....if it's insured, worth some bucks and I realize I had plenty of time to fly it there instead of waiting until the last minute , I'd get a ferry permit. This is exactly what I did. Called the local office, explained where I was and wanted to go , he faxed permit to the destination airport that day. No big deal.

If the airplane is not insured, not in very nice shape I might fly it. But.....if it's insured, worth some bucks and I realize I had plenty of time to fly it there instead of waiting until the last minute , I'd get a ferry permit. This is exactly what I did. Called the local office, explained where I was and wanted to go , he faxed permit to the destination airport that day. No big deal.

Seems like faxing it to the destination airport would be kind of useless....

Without a mechanics inspection of the aircraft..:dunno:

That's the way it worked. The person at the govt end realizing that it was the day after it ran out verses 6 months, a year, etc. I never have much problem with the government that some on POA profess. I usually find them pretty savvy and willing to help.

You dangerous scofflaw, you.

But the Chief Council says your left arm will turn evil and there's plenty of case law to support it.

It's a club plane, he'll need to get a ferry permit to keep the powers that be happy.

I am one of the "powers that be" as the assistant manager. :D

Actually, I did call the FSDO in SLC on Friday, and had a ferry permit in my inbox about 30 minutes later.

To be honest, I probably would have just flown it if it was going to take a long time, but I guess it's better to be legal... :rolleyes:

I am one of the "powers that be" as the assistant manager. :D

Actually, I did call the FSDO in SLC on Friday, and had a ferry permit in my inbox about 30 minutes later.

To be honest, I probably would have just flown it if it was going to take a long time, but I guess it's better to be legal... :rolleyes:

Thank you. :yes:

You would never get anything from the local FSDO in 30. Trust me. They are anti GA, and HATE experimentals.:yes:

Last edited:
The Denver FSDO have trouble doing things in 30 mins also? Damn! Inefficiency must be contagious! :rofl:

We had zero problem getting a ferry permit from Denver a few years ago when weather stopped our cross-town flight to drop the airplane off for inspection on the originally intended day and everyone got tied up doing other things for another week.

Can't really say if it was in 30 minutes, since we had no need to rush, but it wasn't slow either.

Haven't really run into any "anti-GA"sentiment out of Denver either. Not sure what that's about.

We had zero problem getting a ferry permit from Denver a few years ago when weather stopped our cross-town flight to drop the airplane off for inspection on the originally intended day and everyone got tied up doing other things for another week.

Can't really say if it was in 30 minutes, since we had no need to rush, but it wasn't slow either.

Haven't really run into any "anti-GA"sentiment out of Denver either. Not sure what that's about.

Good, Denver FSDO actually supports GA and works with pilots and aircraft owners. The Lincoln FSDO, not so much!

When I built my 12 I had a DAR inspect it and an AW certificate issued. Because it was the first LSA built in the area the Lincoln FSDO delayed the registration and actually tried to cancel the AW certificate saying I was not the builder and a bunch of other made up nonsense. Needless to say, I finally won, and there was an inspector that was officially reprimanded by the regional director of the FAA.

The Lincoln FSDO's official motto: "We're not happy until you're not happy."

They seem to have gotten better now that the bad apples have been fired, quit, or promoted somewhere else. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Good, Denver FSDO actually supports GA and works with pilots and aircraft owners. The Lincoln FSDO, not so much!

Albuquerque used to be the same way but they had a cleanup and a lot of their folks got new assignments in east undershirt alaska.

Back