Free ebook on How To Be a Pilot

iflyblog.com

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Brent
I wrote this ebook from my perspective of learning to fly.

Background:
  • Professional pilot
  • Former instructor with 1400 hours of dual given and a 99.9% pass rate teaching primary, instrument, commercial, CFI, and tailwheel

If you already have a license, then pass this along to someone who is thinking about learning to fly or is in the process.

http://iflyblog.com/how-to-be-a-pilot-ebook/

:)

Does it have any valuable information for the instrument rating?

It doesn't speak to the instrument rating, but that certainly gives me an idea for another follow-on publication.

[*]Former instructor with 1400 hours of dual given and a 99.9% pass rate teaching primary, instrument, commercial, CFI, and tailwheel
This doesn't make any sense. If you are claiming a 99.9% pass rate that means that you've sent 1,000 people to checkrides and one of them failed. You'd have to send a minimum of 1,000 people.

I somehow doubt you endorsed 1,000 or more people for checkrides in 1,400 hours of dual given.

This doesn't make any sense. If you are claiming a 99.9% pass rate that means that you've sent 1,000 people to checkrides and one of them failed. You'd have to send a minimum of 1,000 people.

I somehow doubt you endorsed 1,000 or more people for checkrides in 1,400 hours of dual given.

98.67% of statistics are made up on the spot.

He could have sent 671 and 1 failed which is the first point where you get 99.85 and rounding up would be an option.

Or... He's just had one student fail and is being imprecise... :goofy:

Yes, thank you. I had one student fail. I can't recall how many I signed off over the years.
Pardon my blunder - statistics was never my strong suit.

Brent, ignore the warm welcome from the volunteer staff. Your blog is great and I really enjoy your videos.

Keep up the good work!! We need more enthusiastic pilots like yourself.

Back