Z06_Mir is no more...

Z06_Mir

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Radna
Or at least won't be very, very soon. I picked up this beauty is San Jose, California and drove it back to Phoenix. It isn't named yet.

I was looking for this exact car and was told that it couldn't be done.. there are only about 5 of this vehicle produced. It was the color I wanted (rarest color) a manual transmission (only 17% of them have a manual) the Recaro seats, the sunroof. It's quite literally the car I thought I couldn't find. So when I saw it and it being on the west coast, I knew I had to jump on it. So, here she is, m 2012 Cadillac CTS-V sedan.

1545878_10151801093801086_1440398342_n.jpg

1530508_10151805482601086_1887258120_n.jpg

And if anyone is interested in a nice Z06 let me know, I know where to find one ;)

I had a 2005 CTS V. Loved that car but I think that was too much engine for that car. Lots of time in the shop, but I did drive it hard. But that is the one car I miss out of all my cars. 3rd gear, full throttle on the tollway was the best thing in the world. So jealous of you..

Or at least won't be very, very soon. I picked up this beauty is San Jose, California and drove it back to Phoenix. It isn't named yet.

I was looking for this exact car and was told that it couldn't be done.. there are only about 5 of this vehicle produced. It was the color I wanted (rarest color) a manual transmission (only 17% of them have a manual) the Recaro seats, the sunroof. It's quite literally the car I thought I couldn't find. So when I saw it and it being on the west coast, I knew I had to jump on it. So, here she is, m 2012 Cadillac CTS-V sedan.

1545878_10151801093801086_1440398342_n.jpg

1530508_10151805482601086_1887258120_n.jpg

And if anyone is interested in a nice Z06 let me know, I know where to find one ;)

They are beautiful cars but you basically have a 4,000lb vette now :)

There are some monsters out there.

curious about your vette though, specs?

They are beautiful cars but you basically have a 4,000lb vette now :)

There are some monsters out there.

curious about your vette though, specs?

2007 Z06 in Machine silver. It's got headers, exhaust, tuned, ported intake manifold and tb, Johnny O'Connell Pfadt shocks, clear side markers and I know I'm forgetting stuff.. 40k miles, I'm the second owner. Two-toned interior.

1000089_539281579465568_1047210560_n.jpg

Is that a Z06 in your pic? The airplane is covering the important part ;) (kidding, my airplane would have to be front and center too or else she'd be jealous)

Re: Z06_Mir is no more..

2007 Z06 in Machine silver. It's got headers, exhaust, tuned, ported intake manifold and tb, Johnny O'Connell Pfadt shocks, clear side markers and I know I'm forgetting stuff.. 40k miles, I'm the second owner. Two-toned interior.

1000089_539281579465568_1047210560_n.jpg

Is that a Z06 in your pic? The airplane is covering the important part ;) (kidding, my airplane would have to be front and center too or else she'd be jealous)

Mines base model.

08' with a forged LQ9 w/ls3 top end and dual stage nitrous. 3400 stall.

YSi &1000rwhp coming soon :)

Nice rides!!!!

Is the Caddy AWD?

I can't wait for the new Chevy SS.

Nice rides!!!!

Is the Caddy AWD?

I can't wait for the new Chevy SS.

Nope it's rear wheel, 556hp supercharged 6.2L. It's a dumbed down version of the engine in the Corvette ZR1 (Smaller blower).

I'm a huge Holden fan, before the Corvette I had a GTO and I'm still incredibly active in the GTO club except most of them own G8's and Corvettes these days :rolleyes: Bijan (boyfriend) has two though, and our roommate has one so I'm never far from them.

I have an 2005 sts that I'm putting a timing chain on now only at 125000miles on it...and it's a pain in the butt.keep your oil:yikes: changes unto date and it shouldn't be a problem!!!

Nope it's rear wheel, 556hp supercharged 6.2L. It's a dumbed down version of the engine in the Corvette ZR1 (Smaller blower).

I'm a huge Holden fan, before the Corvette I had a GTO and I'm still incredibly active in the GTO club except most of them own G8's and Corvettes these days :rolleyes: Bijan (boyfriend) has two though, and our roommate has one so I'm never far from them.

Hmm, you know any wrecked GTOs around? I'd like to import a Holden SS Ute and left drive it with GTO parts and badge it up as an ElCamino.:D

Hmm, you know any wrecked GTOs around? I'd like to import a Holden SS Ute and left drive it with GTO parts and badge it up as an ElCamino.:D

They're everywhere. I imagine there are a few floating around ls1gto.com and ls1tech.com. I typically see them once or twice a month on Phoenix CL

Nice ride, congrats!

I'm back with my VeeDub
Had it since new for three years, then gave it to my dad, now he's on a few business trips for a few months, so I picked the arrr in S Fla on 01/01
Feeling gooood. There's a Recaro baby car seat in there too :D

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 40
Nice! I've really liked what Cadillac has been coming out with the past few years. Maybe one day when the VR4 quits, although when that happens I'll probably just build my own version in a Town Car.

The CTS-V is one awesome car. I'm a truck guy, always have been but I have a friend with one of these and another with a Tesla Model S. I would own either and be very happy.

Love that color too. Awesome

What the hell do you do for work that you can...

...attend college
...own a 182RG
...own a Z06/CTS
...still afford to spend enough $$ on flying to get your CFI/CFII

...because I want that job.

...attend college
...own a 182RG
...own a Z06/CTS

Not a cop:yes:

...attend college
...own a 182RG
...own a Z06/CTS

Mommy, daddy.... Maybe?

I can take a 64 VW Microbus and catch any high performance car at the next stop light or traffic jam, and I'll pass em while they are pulled over for 20 minutes getting a ticket.:D

While I admire your knowledge on a wide array of topics I believe I may have you on this one.

Your vw micro bus isn't catching my car from any stoplight to stoplight :)

That is unless your pulling 1.3 60fts......

Mickey Thompson and my Stall converter will make sure of that. Don't forget there are 1700rwhp cars on the street.

Edit: nvm, your playing word games -_-

While I admire your knowledge on a wide array of topics I believe I may have you on this one.

Your vw micro bus isn't catching my car from any stoplight to stoplight :)

That is unless your pulling 1.3 60fts......

Mickey Thompson and my Stall converter will make sure of that. Don't forget there are 1700rwhp cars on the street.

Edit: nvm, your playing word games -_-

You'll beat me to the next light, but I'll be there before it turns green.:D Even drag racing at the track got stupid when it turned to 'bracket racing', it no longer required building a good car to win, all I had to be able to do do was run consistently on my dial in. That's why I gave up all that for flying. Too much traffic, tickets got ridiculous, and real racing got too expensive.

Like the Caddy and kudos for getting a real color and not just black or silver, but why would you trade a sweet Corvette for a Caddy? Baby on the way or something?

Like the Caddy and kudos for getting a real color and not just black or silver, but why would you trade a sweet Corvette for a Caddy? Baby on the way or something?

No babies for a long time. My commute got significantly longer, and although the fuel mileage is worse than the corvette its a ton more comfortable. I had my corvette fun, time for a car I can take to the track if I want and drive to the grocery store with my roommates. I also wanted something that would have a warranty because I'm tired of worrying about what could break next. Its a true pleasure to drive in all aspects, the corvette was a race car.

I remember when drag racing went to "index" racing and electronics were more important than horsepower or driver skill. Thats when i went "real" racing. 700hp injected on alcohol in a car that weighs 1100lbs :D

sprintcar002.jpg

Nice wheels. More fun is hunting and finding a rare one that you know is exactly the one you want. That's fun for me.

Nice wheels. More fun is hunting and finding a rare one that you know is exactly the one you want. That's fun for me.

The year-long hunt was definitely fun and an adventure. But I'm pretty excited that I didn't have to settle. I'm at the point where it wasn't worth it to settle on a vehicle I didn't really want. My friends and family kept saying "Well you know you could get an automatic, or a couple, or a wagon, or at least not white or blue..." but it was worth a bit of time and money to get the car I would have ordered from Cadillac if I would have had that sort of money to toss around.

The year-long hunt was definitely fun and an adventure. But I'm pretty excited that I didn't have to settle. I'm at the point where it wasn't worth it to settle on a vehicle I didn't really want. My friends and family kept saying "Well you know you could get an automatic, or a couple, or a wagon, or at least not white or blue..." but it was worth a bit of time and money to get the car I would have ordered from Cadillac if I would have had that sort of money to toss around.

I've had to learn a couple of times that it's not worth settling. You give up, settle for the one that's "almost right" and keep looking for the right one anyway without really realizing it. Then you realize you're doing it and you have to force yourself to quit.

If not forced to buy something, I'd rather just keep hunting. I got insanely lucky on my truck purchase this summer. A friend had the truck I wanted to buy, and he had owned it since day one. That saved a lot of time! :)

Congrats on finding it. She looks great. I'm a truck guy but still love the looks of a nice sports car.

The "Envy" lamp is lit. The CTS-V is the car I buy, if I have excess money to spend. Love 'em (but I loves me some Cadillac). Thing is, when I think about what I'd like to use the car for, it almost always involves highway haulin' a mission which has been almost completely replaced by a quick hop in a Bonanza, with a whole lot less stress in the process.

The "stress," by the way, is from other drivers, not the highway patrol.

I like Ted's plan to build a screamer/sleeper with a Town Car. Make it black, Ted, and we can call you "Raylan."

Nice! I've really liked what Cadillac has been coming out with the past few years. Maybe one day when the VR4 quits, although when that happens I'll probably just build my own version in a Town Car.

On four wheels, my 420hp Mustang GT is plenty strong for me. When I really feel the need for speed, the 193hp sportbike makes nearly any car look slow.

On four wheels, my 420hp Mustang GT is plenty strong for me. When I really feel the need for speed, the 193hp sportbike makes nearly any car look slow.

Yeah, 450 HP out of my 3000GT VR4 is plenty for me, too. But I've always wanted to finish my '92 Town Car project I had in college with a high power engine.

I'm not a huge Ford fan, but I nearly bought a GT500 while waiting to find the right CTS-V. Those new Mustangs are really, really well built vehicles.

I used to be anti-Ford, but at this point having owned over 30 vehicles, I've hit about all different makes. If anything, I've found they all do good and bad things, so it really depends on which features you're looking for and what type of vehicle, plus the year range. I like the new Caddys better than Lincolns, but for what I'm willing to pay for a car and the features that go with that price bracket, the used Lincolns are more my style. I like Ford 3/4 and 1-ton trucks better, but prefer GM 1/2-tons. And Chrysler I like if all you care about is the diesel engine.

And for grand touring cars, the only Japanese one I like is the one I own, but I like the Jaguars best.

That or at that age, dealing drugs.

This is one of the problems with this forum, and always has been. You can't come in here and simply talk about a life event in a factual manner without someone being jealous. Always has been this way, near as I can tell, and I think drives off a bunch of good participants.

Meanwhile, the people that brag, flaunt, and otherwise show their stupidity are praised.

This is one of the problems with this forum, and always has been. You can't come in here and simply talk about a life event in a factual manner without someone being jealous. Always has been this way, near as I can tell, and I think drives off a bunch of good participants.

Meanwhile, the people that brag, flaunt, and otherwise show their stupidity are praised.

Not a matter of jealousy. A matter of curiosity. I'm obviously in the wrong business. She's light-years ahead of where I and everyone else I knew and know at that age were/are at. Hell, she's ahead of where I'm at now. So, I'm wondering what I should be doing to be bringing in the money she is.

But, when the question gets ignored, you have to wonder why.

Back