Vegan Leather: No Moo ?

ARFlyer

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
ARFlyer
So K just bought a really nice leather jacket. The humorous bit is that the tag says: "Vegan Leather: No Animals Harmed" :rofl: Mind you it looks really good on her.

My first thought was WTF?!?! How can you have leather that doesn't come from harming an animal ? It's kinda apart of the process...

Of course I know it's faux leather, but their PR dept could work on their phrasing a bit.. Lol :rofl:

What do you guys think...:D

So K just bought a really nice leather jacket. The humorous bit is that the tag says: "Vegan Leather: No Animals Harmed" :rofl: Mind you it looks really good on her.

My first thought was WTF?!?! How can you have leather that doesn't come from harming an animal ? It's kinda apart of the process...

Of course I know it's faux leather, but their PR dept could work on their phrasing a bit.. Lol :rofl:

My new REAL Leather jacket has a tag on it that says "Made from the hides of cows that starved to death because some stupid Vegan ate all their food"

Chris (Vegan once removed)

Isn't vegan the old Indian word meaning "bad hunter"? :lol:

Even if I were inclined to buy imitation leather, that label would be enough to make me put the garment back on the rack. If it's pleather, just call it that, and spare me the PETA commentary.

-Rich

For you Tim with regards from K. :rofl:

128ef766774f11e3aceb124936d87aef_8.jpg

WOW!!! Very nice!!!

Maybe they don't consider humans to be animals and it is made from the skins of real vegans.

Well, it could have been made from the hide of the elusive Nauga.

Then there's this:

Last edited:
Aren't cows pretty much vegan anyway, so in turn, their leather would be vegan.

Not domestic cattle, they are fed protein enhanced diets.

I saw a sign in front of a restaurant which read (in part):
"Vegetarian fed Turkey"

I wasn't sure if they forced vegetarians to feed turkeys destined for the plate, or if they fed the vegetarians TO the turkeys.

John:D

To Rich and Chris

The day I'm able to afford a real leather jacket is the day I will be buying A a Brietling aviators watch and a REAL leather jacket of his own. So unless there's a free one somewhere idk about. Oh well. ; p And yes, it is a vegan leather jacket. Il post the tag as soon as I can find it again.

Did you know that statistically speaking, Vegans live, on average, 15 years longer than non vegans?

It's because no one invites them to anything fun or dangerous and they just sit at home crying and drinking and trying not to get tears in their drink because then they would be consuming a product of animal suffering.

Did you know that statistically speaking, Vegans live, on average, 15 years longer than non vegans?

It's because no one invites them to anything fun or dangerous and they just sit at home crying and drinking and trying not to get tears in their drink because then they would be consuming a product of animal suffering.

Don't you see all the vegan dishes at tailgate parties? They're called "potato chips."

Being a Chicagoan, I never saw anything veggie-related at a Bears tailgate. You'd be run out of the lot in no time. But I did see several salad tables at Carolina Panther tailgates when I lived in Charlotte, along with bottles of white wine. 'Nuff said.

Don't you see all the vegan dishes at tailgate parties? They're called "potato chips."

Being a Chicagoan, I never saw anything veggie-related at a Bears tailgate. You'd be run out of the lot in no time. But I did see several salad tables at Carolina Panther tailgates when I lived in Charlotte, along with bottles of white wine. 'Nuff said.

Someone tried to tell me about the Chicago Bears and Carolina Panthers once, it was hard to hear what they were saying over the sound of the 'Niners winning :D

Back