A slightly larger plane that could be turned into an camper?

I'm thinking that this one could be outfitted pretty nice.

http://gelio.livejournal.com/191632.html

-John

From what I've been told the 225 is now operated by a contractor, which Boeing uses to transport big stuff.

one was parked on the east side of BFI I got to taxi by it last time I was down to Seattle. awesome big. in a slight wind, the engines don't stop spinning, peaked my attention when I had to taxi past.

nice picture site.

I've seen two serious contenders for what you are suggesting. One was a giant twin that looked like a blimp with wings. The other was smaller and in the Exp area at OSH 3-4 years ago maybe.

The twin was a float plane, too, as I recall and used for research. The single was purpose built to be a flying mini-camper.

Here is video on the latter
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ils0QezjRL8

Can't find anything on the former....

There are several Grumman sea planes that are converted to campers the nicest one is the albatross HU-16.

I comes to AWO flying each year. really nice fishing machine has its own inflatable to launch out the rear hatch..

Or a CASA.

I've always thought the best and most practical way to create a flying car would be to put a Miata in a CASA. :)

There are several Grumman sea planes that are converted to campers the nicest one is the albatross HU-16.

I comes to AWO flying each year. really nice fishing machine has its own inflatable to launch out the rear hatch..

That would be my choice

Ah yes, but the one I posted could have a camper toward the cockpit, a hanger for a small plane, and an indoor runway.

-John

There's a really nice Mallard as well.

Mine also has a shopping mall and a swimming pool. No reason to ever leave your airplane. It even has a Starbucks.

-John

That Antonov brings memories...I have heard pieces of a story that the Russians flew an Antonov overseas, and upon landing, and there was an immediate inspection ordered upon landing which found the Antonov to not be airworthy. If the Russians wanted to fly the plane back, they would have to make the necessary repairs/upgrades which were, of course, more than significant in time, money, and resources, leaving the only choice to abandon the plane there for multiple years. I suspected BS, but it was still a cool story, and I never had time to go digging.

The original post is the same make/model, but it looks quite new, and there's no mention of that (just cool facts).

Anyone else hear of this? Confirm/deny?

1976Helihome-2-500x325.jpg

Back