Someone is a new pilot today.

TazzyTazzy

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Mitch
Had my solo today. What an experience. At first was weird rolling to the runway without the extra weight. But, it was very thrilling. And like everything I've read, the plane takes off and climbs super fast without the extra ballast. :) Was at pattern altitude 3/4 on crosswind, instead of nearly completing the turn to downwind.

All the CFI's around congratulated me and the other student around. I could tell my CFI was proud too.

Wrote my first non-dual entry in my log book for .4 hrs for the 3 full stop patterns. Looking forward to more solo time next week. :)

i-CmRCXmB-L.jpg

Congratulations Pilot, First solo is an awesome experience and major milestone in your training.

:goofy::goofy:OUTSTANDING!!! Enjoy your "solo" phase...You learn so much when its only you making the decisions!:thumbsup:

Congrats, Mitch! Good way to end up 2013 and a nice pre-start to 2014!

Congratulations!!!! A huge achievement!

Congratulations! I decided to look back in my logbook and it reminded me of all the time I did flying up to my solo. I had forgotten much of it, take some pictures or do something else to remember this time in your training, it went by so quickly for me that I hardly remember it.

Congratulations! Must be a great feeling. I remember how I felt when I got my A&P cert. It felt like a million bucks! Can't wait to start PPL training and re-live that feeling! Good for you!!!

Your shirt is much too intact.

Make sure you point out to your instructor how much better the airplane flies without him. 'Cause it almost certainly does.

Congrats. Now, the fun stuff starts.

Great job Mitch! 24D is a great plane to solo in ;)

Congrats! Welcome to the small group of us who can claim to have taken a plane into the air by ourselves and returned safely to tell about it!

Thanks everyone! Much appreciated. Yes, this is a great way to close 2013. I have sessions 3 days a week already booked for the next 6 weeks.

I just need to hit the books some more and prep for my written exam.

I didn't know I'd love this 'flying thing' so much. Now I get sad if I go more than 4 days without ground school or flight. As long as I'm doing something on my learning, I'm content. :)

Back