Glare Shield covers?

gkainz

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Greg Kainz
Does anyone know of glare shield covers like the automat or auto dash carpet-like covers for automobiles that are cut to fit aircraft?

Google returns a number of hits for rebuilt/recovered glare shields, but we're just looking for a "toss it up there" kind of mat.

Number of years ago, I purchased an instrument panel cover for a Citabria from Airtex. It was made from a black carpet like material on a cardboard backing with finished edges on the visible areas and replaced the original part. Seemed to work fine, no real work to install it and looked much better than the old cover.
http://www.airtexinteriors.com/index.php

Thanks! I see they have cowl pads ... will have to contact them for details. Not looking to replace the glare shields, just cover them up to make them last. Of course, just sticking the sun shields up when we're out on the ramp would help.

My Partner ran accross a nice mat for the back of an SUV at Advance. It was black, light weight, and some sort of velvety type of material with a stiffish backing.
We cut it to fit the glareshield on our Cherokee 180, it worked nicely, and looked good too.

Make a pattern from some paste board, take it to your local shop and have them make it..

do not fasten to your aircraft, then it simply is baggage, no paper required.

Back