New car, need new license plate frame

Cops sometimes need a reason to pull someone over. Something called "probable cause". And they have used it to take down some pretty unpleasant *******s, like Timothy McVeigh who was pulled over for not having plates which is quite a trivial and annoying requirement to you I am sure. He murdered 168 people. So I for one don't give a d*mn about your feelings and the fact that you sometimes get pulled over and "dont like it". Boo hoo!

I'm not a saint either. But I don't cry if I get pulled over, and don't attract attention to myself either.

Where did I say I don't like it? I do it on purpose so I *DO* get pulled over - just to be a pain in the ass. Of course, now I've seen a few of them behind me at a light, I figure they've probably run my plates even with the expired sticker on it, see I've got a carry permit, and figure there's no point in wasting their time. After a little while, they turn off, or I do, and they stop following.

My comment about pulling me over was directed to the comment that I'm an empty bust and a waste of time for the cop pulling me over. If the cops don't like it then THEY can not pull me over. I also drive a little more erratically the harder it rains. Not unsafe, just trying to bait 'em. Yep, come pull me over when it's pouring rain, I will take my sweeeeeeeet ooooollllllld tiiiiiiiiiime answering questions. Same goes for when it's below zero. Again, if they don't like it, don't pull me over.

But I'm glad to know you think I'm Timothy McVeigh. Now, kindly go **** yourself.

Last edited:
Where did I say I don't like it? I do it on purpose so I *DO* get pulled over - just to be a pain in the ass. Of course, now I've seen a few of them behind me at a light, I figure they've probably run my plates even with the expired sticker on it, see I've got a carry permit, and figure there's no point in wasting their time. After a little while, they turn off, or I do, and they stop following.

My comment about pulling me over was directed to the comment that I'm an empty bust and a waste of time for the cop pulling me over. If the cops don't like it then THEY can not pull me over. I also drive a little more erratically the harder it rains. Not unsafe, just trying to bait 'em. Yep, come pull me over when it's pouring rain, I will take my sweeeeeeeet ooooollllllld tiiiiiiiiiime answering questions. Same goes for when it's below zero. Again, if they don't like it, don't pull me over.

But I'm glad to know you think I'm Timothy McVeigh. Now, kindly go **** yourself.

Wow! Remember this post when you get into a car accident with someone who is drunk or high. And then don't complain..... :nono:

Wow! Remember this post when you get into a car accident with someone who is drunk or high. And then don't complain..... :nono:

Yes, because only drunk or high people drive without license tags on. If this is what our "best techniques" for catching bad guys is, we are ****ing away a ****load of money on police.

Maybe if I get pulled over enough without providing any revenue, they can put in a "do not pull over" note in my file, and worry about others. ;)

Last edited:
I'm not saying that is the only way to catch them, but it does work. Not just drunk or high people, but thieves and robbers. I've worked in the loss prevention field for the last 5 years, and the majority of organized retail crime groups cars have expired tags and blacked out or temporary plates. I also have a brother who is a sheriffs deputy and he has done a lot of drug busts and arrested people for outstanding warrents just because the tag or light was out on a car.

Don't take what I said to be an attack on you. It's just my opinion of that kind of attitude towards cops is a little one sided and harsh. Not all cops are good, but the majority of them would risk their life to save yours if it came down to it. But whatever, your entitled to your opinion just like I am mine.

And my first post was really in reply to the "erratic" driving during harsh weather conditions, trying to bait them to pull you over... Drunk and high people tend to drive "erratic" as well....

Normally, on our license plates the county name is placed on the bottom. Somebody in the legislature decided that what was important was that people should optionally be able to put "In God We Trust" in that spot, so for a dollar you can buy a sticker from the tag office that says just that. I got one, but decided to do a little personalization with mine.
LicensePlateWeb.jpg

That is actually very funny!! I bet hardly anyone notices! :rofl:

Normally, on our license plates the county name is placed on the bottom. Somebody in the legislature decided that what was important was that people should optionally be able to put "In God We Trust" in that spot, so for a dollar you can buy a sticker from the tag office that says just that. I got one, but decided to do a little personalization with mine.
LicensePlateWeb.jpg

That is actually very funny!! I bet hardly anyone notices! :rofl:

I assume most people don't notice. I'm hoping those that do get a good chuckle out of seeing it. Traffic's no fun, a little humor can only help.

Hey, Scott, if I'm not mistaken your VW Diesel was new only a few years ago.

I'm driving 13, 17, and 23 year old cars.

Will you adopt me?

I'm not saying that is the only way to catch them, but it does work. Not just drunk or high people, but thieves and robbers. I've worked in the loss prevention field for the last 5 years, and the majority of organized retail crime groups cars have expired tags and blacked out or temporary plates. I also have a brother who is a sheriffs deputy and he has done a lot of drug busts and arrested people for outstanding warrents just because the tag or light was out on a car.

Don't take what I said to be an attack on you. It's just my opinion of that kind of attitude towards cops is a little one sided and harsh. Not all cops are good, but the majority of them would risk their life to save yours if it came down to it. But whatever, your entitled to your opinion just like I am mine.

Except his opinion is dangerous, because his immature baiting of cops may be preventing them from capturing the real bad guys. Whatever bad experience he had from a cop in the past, he needs to get over it and move on.

:yes:

Except his opinion is dangerous, because his immature baiting of cops may be preventing them from capturing the real bad guys. Whatever bad experience he had from a cop in the past, he needs to get over it and move on.

:yes:

I agree, but a couple of us on an online forum arn't going to change his mind. Which is why he should complain if him or a loved one gets hit by a drunk driver.

Or "Please God, don't let this thing break after the warranty expires" :rofl:

Or if it breaks in warranty then they tell you "this isn't covered because it wouldn't have broken if you didn't drive the car....":D

What a bunch of goosesteppers. It was a good run america.

How is it possible that you're still single? ;)

Back