Petit Jean maybe? open to other ideas

There's a big RV fly-in held at Petit Jean every year in the late fall. This past one was Oct 25-27th, previous ones have been held on the first weekend of November but there's desire to try holding them maybe a week or two earlier to avoid too cold weather. I've been to the past two fly-ins there. We had somewhere around 80 RVs show up for this past one. This pic taken Saturday shows 60 RVs on the ramp at one time, with a handful of spamcans parked to the north of the ramp.

img_2013_10_27_185112_02-74187571.jpg

I didn't know there was already a fly in at Petit Jean. If possible do you think they would move it to the 1st or 2nd weekend in october? It would be at that just right temp for fall. And is there still favor for a pj fly in in May?

I didn't know there was already a fly in at Petit Jean.

I'm confident there are numerous fly-ins during the year at Petit Jean. Don't worry about any of them (well, except to avoid having yours the same weekend as a big one).

May, October, makes me no never mind.

I'm confident there are numerous fly-ins during the year at Petit Jean. Don't worry about any of them (well, except to avoid having yours the same weekend as a big one).

May, October, makes me no never mind.

So I'll go for broke and try both. No harm in that. More excuses to fly and learn.

So. Spring fly in. 2nd weekend in May. What do we want to do? Camp out? One day? I personally like camp outs. But that's me. And I guess in regards of food we can cook out. Does this sound ok?

with a handful of spamcans parked to the north of the ramp.

Aren't RV's all metal? Exactly what is the definition of "spamcan"? :).

Spamcans... Why....

Moving on: I think a camp out would be ideal. Gives more opportunity for late comers. Grill out may be an option in regards of food. Thoughts?

"Spamcan" generally means certificated factory-built metal airplanes, e.g. Cessna, Piper, Beech, Mooneys... and yes, even some Luscombes and Aircoupes :D An RV is not a "spamcan" :yes:

Spamcans... Why....

I kind of wondered how that got into the conversation also.

Enjoy Petit Jean. It's pretty there.

"Spamcan" generally means certificated factory-built metal airplanes, e.g. Cessna, Piper, Beech, Mooneys... and yes, even some Luscombes and Aircoupes :D An RV is not a "spamcan" :yes:

Heard many folks call it a spam can, and as it has the same construction as most of those factory built metal planes...

Back