C182 rental rate

Jeanie

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Jeanie
How much would a 182S with two axis autopilot and KLN 94 gps rent for in your hood?

I fly a 2006 C182T G1000. $250/hr :yikes:

As a point of comparison, late 2000s C172 Steam gauge go for about $175/hr and G1000 go for close to $200hr. :no:

182R, $144/hour over 30 knots IAS in club . full steam, no RG/ has autopilot.

David

Our club has a 182RG with 430W (no current DB) for just under $200. File about 145 knots with that. I'm told the AP is dysfunctional.

The basic 182m I am checked out in runs $169 wet. Newer radios, garmin 430. They are also adding an Aspen glass panel in a few months. Following their leaning instructions it uses almost $100/hr in fuel. Autopilot still inop last i checked.

Why do you care? It varies all over the place.

One local airport has a 182Q with a nice 430 and not much else for $156 wet. Another has the same thing with no 430 for $210. Plus a TR182 with a 430, coupled autopilot, stormscope, hot prop, oxygen system, Aspen, etc., for the same price (that really confuses me -- the TR is a LOT more airplane).

What are you trying to do? There is nothing you can learn from this.

I'm one of the lucky ones who found a C182P with GNS480 and a 2 axis AP for $110/wet on tach hours. No Hobbs installed.

Why do you care? It varies all over the place.

One local airport has a 182Q with a nice 430 and not much else for $156 wet. Another has the same thing with no 430 for $210. Plus a TR182 with a 430, coupled autopilot, stormscope, hot prop, oxygen system, Aspen, etc., for the same price (that really confuses me -- the TR is a LOT more airplane).

What are you trying to do? There is nothing you can learn from this.

That is a dumb ass statement. :mad2:
Perhaps he is doing a research paper and needs to know the national average.
Maybe he was just curious.
Maybe he wants to set the Guinness book of world records for flying the most rental 182's in the country and he needs to set his budget.
Maybe he owns the above aircraft and is trying to estimate a fair rental rate based on the national or regional average.
What if he owns the above aircraft and intends to move it to a region with the highest rental rates to get rich from his profit$ or what if he wants to rent it cheap and put his competition out of business?
Who are you to judge what he can or CAN NOT learn form any question? The man asked a reasonable question seeking information.

182P with steam gauges and basic GPS for $50 per tach hour dry. Ends up being about $95 per hobbs hour with fuel and leaned properly...does about 125-130kias.

I'm one of the lucky ones who found a C182P with GNS480 and a 2 axis AP for $110/wet on tach hours. No Hobbs installed.

What a great rate!! 172's go for more than that here. You are lucky. I would even fly with an AGGIE and turn in my TIGER card to get those rental rates.;)

GEAUX TIGERS :D

Come to think of it. If Les Miles looses another game this season. I may gladly turn in my dang Tiger card:mad2:

You flying in for the game?

1980 182Q with 430W for $55 Hobbs dry. Miami club.

C182RG, 145-150KTAS, 430W, HSI, autopilot w/alt hold. $200/hr wet.

@ PDK, 1978 182 RG between $213 and $233
@GVL, 2011 182T between $310 and $355 :yikes:
@ RYY, 1976 182 between $189 and $210

182RG, 530W, autopilot, steam gauges, $150/hr wet at RDU

Maybe he wants to set the Guinness book of world records for flying the most rental 182's in the country and he needs to set his budget.
Maybe he owns the above aircraft and is trying to estimate a fair rental rate based on the national or regional average.
What if he owns the above aircraft and intends to move it to a region with the highest rental rates to get rich from his profit$ or what if he wants to rent it cheap and put his competition out of business?
Who are you to judge what he can or CAN NOT learn form any question? The man asked a reasonable question seeking information.

I think it's a woman.

And the methodology works for NONE of those purposes.

I'm someone who understands self selection bias. You aren't. So, yes, I can judge the information content of this thread.

How the hell can you "fly the most planes" if you don't even know locations or tail numbers?

And the methodology works for NONE of those purposes.

I'm someone who understands self selection bias. You aren't. So, yes, I can judge the information content of this thread.

How the hell can you "fly the most planes" if you don't even know locations or tail numbers?

I like these threads.

Since you're from Apopka, I'll assume that's from Van Anda :) I haven't rented in a while (but I rented from them when I did), and as I recall you could bring that down more by buying 10 hours of block time (11 hours for the price of 10).

Used to get a 182RG - S-Tec a/p (that sometimes worked) / Dual KX-155 / No GPS for $120/hr wet.

Since you're from Apopka, I'll assume that's from Van Anda :) I haven't rented in a while (but I rented from them when I did), and as I recall you could bring that down more by buying 10 hours of block time (11 hours for the price of 10).

Yes, buy 10 hours and get 11. Their 1999 C-182S is $110 dry and the 172's are $110 wet.

2007 C172S G1000 $164hr wet
1985 C182R $162hr wet
2005 C182T G1000 $200-$220hr wet...

Van Nuys/Whiteman

Great deal. Our club's C182P /A goes for $116/hr wet. Hobbs time.

Even better is the 1966 Bonanza V35... rents for $130/hr wet tach.

BTW; we may have a share in the club coming open around the end of the year....

Even better is the 1966 Bonanza V35... rents for $130/hr wet tach.

BTW; we may have a share in the club coming open around the end of the year....

You have to factor the cost of membership into that. Not that it is necessarily a bad deal, just that it is lot more than $130/hr:

What does it cost to join?
A member must purchase a share from an existing member. In addition to the initial investment, the member will sign up for a portion of the current outstanding debt, not to exceed $15,000. Monthly dues are $300 per member to cover note payment, hangar rental, insurance, repairs and normal maintenance expenses.

We have a 1999 182 available for $199 wet tach. This is in the Chicago area.

We have a 1999 182 available for $199 wet tach. This is in the Chicago area.

Curious -- what are the avionics? I'm out of PWK. G1000 182T for $240ish. Fluctuates based on "fuel surcharge" (BS).

Back