Aviation Auction

Looks like Nevada Highway Patrol is closing their air unit....
Just planes could be a change out, but headsets, tugs, etc? Makes me wonder if they're getting out of the air business.

Looks like Nevada Highway Patrol is closing their air unit....
Just planes could be a change out, but headsets, tugs, etc? Makes me wonder if they're getting out of the air business.

Or they are getting a pile of DHS money and are buying all new, e.g. Kodiaks or Helicopters.

The governors budget request shows items for the aircraft, including an overhaul of the engine on the T210. Looks like they did indeed overhaul the engine for 71k as it shows as 0 SMOH.

Very interesting/odd that they would overhaul the engine and then raffle off the plane.
Not that it hasn't been done before, I spoke to one charter operator who bought a King Air for pocket change out of a state auction when the incoming governor decided to get rid of this 'wasteful toy'.

Last edited:
Or they are getting a pile of DHS money and are buying all new, e.g. Kodiaks or Helicopters.

Homeland Security funding is WAY down, it had been significantly cut before sequestration began, and has come down even more since (but, NV is the home of the Senate Majority Leader, so anything in possible).

Several months ago homeland security had 3 182s for auction. They all had 10 to 15k hours on the airframe but we're nicely equipped with low time power.

To make sure you repaint the plane to remove the Nevada Highway Patrol markings.

Back